My Ally deck

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is my Allies Deck. What do you think? I may drop the green but I like the mana fixing/boost and the Inf. Combo.

id either drio xenograft or build around it - its much more likely to be a dead card than win you the game here.
id drop excavators (or build around them)
id cut evangel to 2
id get freeblade and blademaster, cuz they rock

if you cant afford duallands id stay at 1 or 2 colors, or invest some cards in colorfixing
id either drio xenograft or build around it - its much more likely to be a dead card than win you the game here.
id drop excavators (or build around them)
id cut evangel to 2
id get freeblade and blademaster, cuz they rock

if you cant afford duallands id stay at 1 or 2 colors, or invest some cards in colorfixing

Well the xenograft isn't my main win con, but with the Ranger it saves my butt occasionally. I would drop it to 1 but I hate running singles.  The excavators are currently my main win con, since I recently changed the deck and haven't balanced it back out yet. I'll probablly drop a few of the Evangels when I finish tweaking this. I had the free blades & survivalists in here as my main win con, but I dropped the blade for ghostway as it is awesome to blink all of your allies, espically if you got a ranger and no graft I also felt I needed removal so I swapped in the O-rings. I have some of the weaker duals like the ones that come in tapped & the tainteds that need swamps but felt this would work better just running basics over them. Like I said I'm thinking about dropping green, I think I'll playtest dropping them & Xenograft for the +1/+1 allies and see how I like it.
I think you should include some Hada Freeblade .
xenograft doesn't do anything when all of your creatures are already allys and halimar excavator kind of relies on a mill theme to work so replace them with hada freeblade or Kazandu Blademaster 
xenograft doesn't do anything when all of your creatures are already allys and halimar excavator kind of relies on a mill theme to work

You're missing the whole point of it being in here, it's a combo with the ranger. With the graft out when the ranger comes in(or any ally if he's already out) it gives you a wolf token which comes in as an ally which gives you a wolf that comes in as an ally and so on. The halimar is also stronger than it looks as you can have up to 8 in here and they stack, which is good on its own but with the combo is insane.
Okay, I get it now, and it makes sense with the Halimar Excavator because you dont need to attack with your infinite tokens, but I would do -2 Kabira Evangel to make room for +2 xenograft and there are some cheap dual lands like the guildgates  or terramorphic expanse that you need in order to fix your mana if other dual lands are out of your range