A bit off topic, but:

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm currently working on a card game of my own. I wasn't going to mention it on here (although obviously it's going to go in my signature) but then I started looking back at where I came up with the idea

And I realised I actually did so on here: [Brainstorm] Card Games and Resources 

So thanks guys, especially Mown and TheAtog, for getting my brain spinning.
The game's turned into one based on swordfighting, because another game based on mages battling just seemed like one too many :p but the concept of "ticks" I came up with in that thread is still in use.
Oh, hey, another thread of mine I just let die.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Sounds sort of similar to the old Highlander card game.  I used to play that a lot and it was pretty fun.  Unfortunately, being a card game tied to a TV show/Movie franchise, it suffered its deathblow when the TV show got canceled.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Sounds sort of similar to the old Highlander card game.  I used to play that a lot and it was pretty fun.  Unfortunately, being a card game tied to a TV show/Movie franchise, it suffered its deathblow when the TV show got canceled.

I have been meaning to try and get a proper look at the rules for that, since it's in the same theme.

A friend mentioned it in their list of "collectible games that never really got enough cards"

face book is still around

I'm pretty sure facebook wasn't a card game tied to a TV show/Movie franchise. 

I have been meaning to try and get a proper look at the rules for that, since it's in the same theme.

It was a pretty straightforward game.  You played an attack card, and your opponent tried to play a defensive card that blocked where you were attacking on the body.  There was some kind of wound tracker and a head-shot instantly killed you.  There were a few side things like equipment and such so that special swords had special effects, but that was pretty much it.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

I’ve removed content from this thread because trolling is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

the mods here are amazing.
And glad to be of help kingreaper XD

I have signature disabled. Is your card game posted there?

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
the mods here are amazing.
And glad to be of help kingreaper XD

I have signature disabled. Is your card game posted there?

At the moment I just have a link to my blog,  and an invitation to PM me for more info. The game's in a playable state, but it's basically in Alpha at the moment, so I'd rather share it with people individually.

And yes, I always appreciate good moderation. I used to be a moderator on a design forum quite similar to this one (although with a slightly higher chance of things actually making it into the game) and the effort involved can be phenomenal.

It was a pretty straightforward game.  You played an attack card, and your opponent tried to play a defensive card that blocked where you were attacking on the body.  There was some kind of wound tracker and a head-shot instantly killed you.  There were a few side things like equipment and such so that special swords had special effects, but that was pretty much it.

Having checked up on the rules, and had a look at some of the cards, it doesn't have too much in common with my game's rules at the moment; but it may have some good ideas I should steal. Might add the idea "high" and "low" strikes, not fully decided yet; it adds more complexity, but that can be a good thing or a bad one.