Borborygmos Enraged and Land Focused Gruul Creatures

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
The new Borborygmos Enraged which involves discarding lands community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... doesn't have much synergy with the other previewed cards like Ground Assult, Rubblehulk and Skarrg Guildmage 2nd ability which focus on u having lands on battlefield. And this shouldn't be gd right?
Wanna Discuss?
Cheers!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

We still haven't seen even half of the set yet, and cards that put lands into your hand aren't even necessary for Limited.   WotC could do just fine not including a single one in GTC and standard would still have cards like Caravan Vigil, and EDH would still have everything else ever.  Also, splash blue for that Simic Draw three card.  Decent synergy there.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
We still haven't seen even half of the set yet, and cards that put lands into your hand aren't even necessary for Limited.   WotC could do just fine not including a single one in GTC and standard would still have cards like Caravan Vigil, and EDH would still have everything else ever.  Also, splash blue for that Simic Draw three card.  Decent synergy there.

Gruul is the least likely clan to splash blue to get things done.
57170298 wrote:
Borrowing the East Wind (P3) - Haha, it's like Hurricane but for horsemanship? That makes hilariously little sense. "Oh man, the wind is so much worse up on this horse."
57044478 wrote:
Jon Finkel can win a Magic tournament with a ham sandwich. That doesn't mean ham sandwiches are now the metagame breaker.
97820278 wrote:
Koth: I'm the first viable red planeswalker. Who are you? Tibalt: I'm a two-mana red planeswalker. Koth: I'm the last viable red planeswalker.
Borborgmos Enraged also lets you draw lands when it hits. That has synergy as you can play those lands instead of discarding them. You just have the extra ability to chuck forests and mountains at people.

Orzel, Halfelven son of Zel, Mystic Ranger, Bane to Dragons, Death to Undeath, Killer of Abyssals, King of the Wilds. Constitution Based Class for Next!

If you manage to drop a borborygmos enraged your mana production is probably very healthy. I like that gruul has lots of option with what else to do with the lands.
I play for fun

If we were using bloodthirst, Gruul could use Invisible Stalker.

But I more figure Gruul will be using things like Curse of Stalked Prey that reward you for an alpha strike every turn.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I've seen lots of Speculation for Rug builds, so I don't see how, but okay then.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Is it just me, or is it that the original Borborygmos a bit better when it comes to synergy with Gruul???
Correct me if I am wrong. :P

Totally disagree. Simic has lots of evasion in / and gives you access to Urban Evolution and other sources of CA. Evasion is obviously extremely important to bloodrush working and simic has it in commons like the 0/4 unblockable evolve, 3/1 trample flyer, 0/1 evolve flyer. I'm not saying RUG is best use for gruul, but its certainly there.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
R&D has said that they've given Gruul a midrangey focus this time to help differentiate them from Boros.
Sign In to post comments