well it was said there will be a new class what do you think/hope it will be?

well it was said there will be a new class what do you think/hope it will be?

maybe somthing  like a re design of the warlord, but having chosen for a new name as hey ended up with somthing quite difrent then the 4th edition warlord
I hope it will be the Ranger.

It doesn't really matter though; we will get them all eventually, in some fashion or other. 
A paladin or some type of gish to determine how martial may bridge over to a spell caster.
The packet 2 sorcerer (gish).  But called dragon mage or something.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Agreed. I really liked that sorcerer. I have two players who picked it, and I'm letting them keep the old sorcerer until level 5. I'm hoping I can tell them, "your class is now called Stabcaster" (or whatever, but I'm going to really push for Stabcaster) rather than tell them that they have to pick something else entirely.
Stabcaster is good...  But what about a dwarven smashcaster?

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Safe bet is either a classic class, or a very popular one. That means Warlord, Paladin, Sorcerer, or Warlock.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
Beholder Mage, Tainted Scholar, Planar Shepard, or Incantatrix
I think the most likely are Paladin, Ranger, Druid or Bard. Only slightly less likely are Warlord, Warlock, and some sort of Gish.

What I want? Assassin, a good Gish and/or a Shadowdancer type class. Hell, if done right, Assassin could do all three. Won't happen, but I can dream.
Skeptical_Clown wrote:
More sex and gender equality and racial equality shouldn't even be an argument--it should simply be an assumption for any RPG that wants to stay relevant in the 21st century.
104340961 wrote:
Pine trees didn't unanimously decide one day that leaves were gauche.
http://community.wizards.com/doctorbadwolf/blog/2012/01/10/how_we_can_help_make_dndnext_awesome
I think the most likely are Paladin, Ranger, Druid or Bard. Only slightly less likely are Warlord, Warlock, and some sort of Gish.

What I want? Assassin, a good Gish and/or a Shadowdancer type class. Hell, if done right, Assassin could do all three. Won't happen, but I can dream.

Assassin is inside of rogue.

I would prefer if they added another module that would account for Bard, Paladin, and Ranger.

It would be nice if the class selection was limited but add-ons could create the concept that you wanted.
Didn't they say it would be a class that has never existed before? If that's the case, then I would think something like a Summoner class.  It was somewhat popular with the Pathfinder crowd, from what I recall.

The metagame is not the game.

Didn't they say it would be a class that has never existed before? If that's the case, then I would think something like a Summoner class.  It was somewhat popular with the Pathfinder crowd, from what I recall.

"with familar parts".

Which is why i think the P2 sorcerer is comming back under a new name.

It got alot of good feedback, it just wasn't a "sorcerer". 

guides
Power
my builds

"with familar parts".

Which is why i think the P2 sorcerer is comming back under a new name.

It got alot of good feedback, it just wasn't a "sorcerer". 

They mentioned the "New Class" when Jeremy was talking about more classes coming out throughout the year, which was after the Winter Fantasy class discussion.

I agree with Mellored that this "New Class" will be the playtest Sorcerer coming back under a new name (My vote is for Twin-Soul or Caged-Soul). But I think that the Winter Fantasy class is not that class.

Early on, Mearls mentioned that they introduce new classes to try something different and things like the paladin are just kinda half fighter and half cleric, so they don't bring anything new. I would also exclude Ranger, Barbarian and Druid for similar reasons (too similar to a core class).

Based on that I think that it will be the Warlord. The Warlord is a fan favorite that brings a lot of new things that need to be tested (e.g.  giving actions, non-magical healing, temp HP, possibly DR).

My second guess would be Bard.
Commoner.
The Winter Fantasy class will probably be the Bard, since it's the most different from the 4 cores. I wish the Ranger or Druid were released, but they do have some toe-stepping with fighter, rogue, and cleric, so that's probably a no.

And for the new-new class... THE STABCASTER! Or slashconjurer or beat-up-o-mancer or something like that. Anyway, a gish. Like the 2nd packet sorcerer, but with a new name.
It could be a class that fills the role of the bard and warlord, a concept that mearls talked about in a previous video. 

Didn't they say it would be a class that has never existed before? If that's the case, then I would think something like a Summoner class.

I am with you on that one. An official core Summoner. 

fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Summoner

I'd like to see the mechanics of a Barbarian put on display. I'd like to see a lot of things like the partially martial classes that happen to have spells and spell-like abilities or other abilities not spell related (the gishy I believe you call it) Druids, Rangers, Barbarians, Monks (although that might be different enough), Bards, Paladins, Assassins (although I've never felt like that was a base class), and other alike should be folded in under fighters, rogues, wizards and clerics but with Unearthed Arcana style power swapping.

AD&D 1st Edition Character (Simplified)

BIOGRAPHY
Name: Brother Michael
Adventuring Class: Cleric
Adventuring Experience: 1446 out of 1501
Bonus Experience: 10%
Languages Known: Common, Orc, Elven.
Alignment: Lawful/Neutral Good
ABILITY SCORES
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 11
Charisma: 11
Constitution: 14
Wisdom: 16
WEAPONS: HIT; MEDIUM; LARGE
Footman’s Flail: 1d20; 1d6+1; 1d4
Hammer (Thrown): 1d20; 1d4+1; 1d4
Sling: 1d20-3; 1d4+1; 1d6+1
MAGIC
Today’s Prepared Spells: Cure Light Wounds x2, Command x1
Spells Spent: Cure Light Wounds x1
Other Cleric Abilities: Turn Undead
Spell Failure: 0%
Magical Attack Adjustment: +2
DEFENSES
Armor: 5 (-4 Armor, -1 Shield)
Maximum Health: 10
Current Health: 9
CONSUMABLE ITEMS
Water Skin
7 Days of Trail Rations
7 Pints (Flasks) of Oil
1 Ounce (Vial) of Holy Water
4 Parchments
12 Sling Bullets
6 Pieces of Silver
8 Pieces of Twine

The packet 2 sorcerer (gish).  But called dragon mage or something.

You're in luck then.
"After looking at feedback on the sorcerer, I would not be surprised if we renamed the class, tweaked its flavor a bit, and brought a true warrior/mage class to the core of the game."
www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4...
They told us what the new class would be back in October, which is why it is "familiar".
Well, they say it's something that have never been done before.

So a spell point/editted sorcerer sound possible, or maybe a counter/stack based character, maybe even a chaotic mathematician/dimension manipulator where things like melee and range attack doesn't exist for it?
My guess is the barbarian. They have talked about it quite a few times recently. It is also a class I couldn't care less about.
CORE MORE, NOT CORE BORE!
Looking forward to that advanced stuff.

"It's also worth keeping in mind that, at this stage, we're working on what I consider to be a fairly advanced version of the game. The core D&D game, which is the starting point for new players and the game of choice for veteran players who want a streamlined system, is mostly done at this stage. This game looks a lot like D&D as presented in 
D&D Basic Set or in theD&D Rules Cyclopedia. You pick a race, pick a class, and play. We've put a lot of effort into making sure that the game not only telescopes in complexity for established players, but also creates an easy path for new players to start the game, master its core elements, and then move on as they wish."

BIOGRAPHY
ABILITY SCORES
MAGIC
DEFENSES
CONSUMABLE ITEMS
Water Skin
7 Days of Trail Rations
7 Pints (Flasks) of Oil
4 Parchments
12 Sling Bullets
6 Pieces of Silver
8 Pieces of Twine

So we've got BARD as a strong candidate, which would be cool to see done early on, would also compliment getting those GNOMEs out there quick too. The SORCERER would be great to see come back it looked like such an interesting take on a class as presented in the packet. WARLORD would be a neat third candidate after these two have been produced, I personally love WARLORDs. What is the WIZARD's domain for summoning, is that INVOCATION? Would that mean we could have an INVOKER on our hands as a new class? Assuming that was the one, it might actually be the SUMMONING field, but I don't remember that name. This would take out SUMMONER as a possible class name, even though it has a bit of a ring to it, maybe I’m wrong all together and that is exactly what’s happening here to distance itself from the WIZARD. I hope we see a divine spellcaster similar to a DIVINE-WIZARD down the road, the CLERIC has always had a healthy scoop of combat and martial abilities to keep it from being truly that, even though you could always build a very ranged magic no combat orientated CLERIC. I would also like to see some of the mechanics for modularity in classes appear. So you can make RANGER-like ROGUES, RANGER-like FIGHTERS, BARBARIAN-like FIGHTERS, and PALADIN-like FIGHTERS and (more likely) CLERICS. The little tweaks you’d have to do to the base class to more empower them to be like these other “full” classes supposedly when they could just come off these others more easily. Especially with all the themeing done with backgrounds and specialties and the like you could give the wilderness flavors to your tracking up until this point urban (because of the rogue starting base) RANGER.

BIOGRAPHY
ABILITY SCORES
MAGIC
DEFENSES
CONSUMABLE ITEMS
Water Skin
7 Days of Trail Rations
7 Pints (Flasks) of Oil
4 Parchments
12 Sling Bullets
6 Pieces of Silver
8 Pieces of Twine

I think I might be thinking a little meta but I somehow think that a nature oriented class is whats in the works.  Something new with familiar parts has me thinking possible a Ranger.

Rational: 

Theirs been a lot of talk about multiclassing and that leads me to think that as a tangent to all that thinking has been all the Hybridy like classes like the Ranger (fighter/rogue-like with a nature twist) and Paladin (Fighter/Cleric-like but with a code of conduct and/or Knightly twist). 

Rangers and Paladins a middle-ground of rules and mechanics that they need to look at and evaluate.  Rangers and Paladins are both quasi-casters and seeing how to manage spell-like but not litteral spell casting ability would be a viable area to playtest. They represent a blending of concepts that I imagine need testing to see how volitile they are when stress tested by the masses. 

Finally the adventures they are spotlighting at Winter Fantasy suggest a borderlands of civiliation enviorment and a class that favors or benefits while fighting the woodlands and/or combat in the outdoors like a Ranger or possible (though less likely) a mounted Paladin would be a good choice to introduce. 
Necromancer. Hey, they never said thos so called "familiar parts" had to come from class.

I would love a Summoner class(when I play any rpg game or mmo, any summoner class is my favorite), as long as the class fixes the issue 3.x had where a character with summons could summon a bunch of summons and his turn took 3 times the length of everyone else's because he has to sue his own actions, AND all the summon's actions.

And as long as no summon is more powerful than an entire class, though still handy for temporarily filling a role that's absent from the current party.
Commoner.

I can't wait!
My two copper.

I would love a Summoner class(when I play any rpg game or mmo, any summoner class is my favorite), as long as the class fixes the issue 3.x had where a character with summons could summon a bunch of summons and his turn took 3 times the length of everyone else's because he has to sue his own actions, AND all the summon's actions.

And as long as no summon is more powerful than an entire class, though still handy for temporarily filling a role that's absent from the current party.

A dedicated summoner class would probably only be able to have one combat-oriented summon out at a time. He would have a handful to choose from, and each one would specialize in something different: a big smashy damage-dealer, a defender-style tank of hit points, a party-support buffer, an aoe-blaster, an agile flyer, a debuffer, a swarm that can't easily be damaged or defended against, etc.

Then he would have additional "minor" summons to serve in other capacities.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.

A dedicated summoner class would probably only be able to have one combat-oriented summon out at a time. He would have a handful to choose from, and each one would specialize in something different: a striker, a defender, a party-support, an aoe-blaster, an agile flyer, a debuffer, a swarm that can't easily be damaged or defended against, etc.

Then he would have additional "minor" summons to serve in other capacities. 

This is how I would love it to be done.
Commoner.

I can't wait!

As long as I can multiclass with mystic theurge.
Commoner.

I can't wait!

All Commoner party

First quest:A crazy old cat lady left something in her house. She needs YOU to retrieve it.
Commoner.

I can't wait!

All Commoner party

First quest:A crazy old cat lady left something in her house. She needs YOU to retrieve it.

That's a deadly quest :P Especially when the Dire Mouse gets involved.
My two copper.
Commoner.

I can't wait!

All Commoner party

That's a deadly quest :P Especially when the Dire Mouse gets involved.

Only a killer DM would introduce a dire mouse to that scenario. Even without it, what 1st level commoner in his right mind would enter a crazy cat lady's house? It's got to be filled with deadly, deadly cats.

I suspect it will be the paladin. It has gotten some attention lately, and it seems like they are working on that one now. Personally, I hope it will be the bard or the sorceror, but one of my players really likes paladins, so it would be nice to see that one.

Also, it seems that a lot of people are talking about it being a class that has not existed before. The article only said that it would be one that had "not appeared in the Public Playtest yet". So, it's probably not going to be the warlock or "were-sorceror", although I would love to see those return soon.
Dedicated necromancer.
Necromancer. Hey, they never said thos so called "familiar parts" had to come from class.

Wooooooooo yes, yes, please! I'm still disapointed by the lack of a true Necromancer class in 4e.
My guess is that it will be something Warlord-ish.

If you have to resort to making offensive comments instead of making logical arguments, you deserve to be ignored.

Barbrain

A Wizard Barbarian

"The Apollo moon landing is off topic for this thread and this forum. Let's get back on topic." Crazy Monkey

I first read that as "A Wizard Batman" at a glance, lol.

I'm guessing swordmage or warlord.

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

I'd really like to see Bards done.  Not everyone wants to be a Rogue and Bardic Music is a unique class feature that could be treated like rogue expertise dice or martial damage dice.  Heck since they're generalists, give them access to expertise dice, martial damage dice, and a bardic music sort of dice--but give them a slower progression.

Paladin would also be an interesting option.  Not too keen on Barbarians although Rage is a unique mechanic for them as well.

Some classes need to be rolled into other classes, like Ranger.