[GTC-ICD] ~ Army Loyalist

92 posts / 0 new
Last post


Legion Loyalist (Rare) -
Creature - Goblin Soldier
Haste
Batallion - Whenever Legion Loyalist and at least two other creatures attack, creatures you control gain first strike and trample until end of turn and can't be blocked by creature tokens this turn.
1/1

Source: Dengeki Online
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Looks good I wouldn't be suprised if this saw alot of play.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

 

Oh man. I want to use this guy but my deck is humans and primarily white...
Wow I really like him.

Maybe not auto-4 in a goblin deck because he has to compete with Goblin Lackey and Aether Vial, but a singleton as tech for Goblin Matron/Goblin Recruiter/Goblin Ringleader? Sure why not.

I'll certainly give him a try.
unblockable by tokens is a funny restriction
is that a first?
proud member of the 2011 community team
seems quite good!
unblockable by tokens is a funny restriction
is that a first?


Completely obvious this is meant to be against Thragtusk. 
I'm absolutely shocked that this is real.
So that's what a Raging Goblin looks like at rare. I'm going to hold on to any of these I pull because they'll go up in price, just like Deathrite is.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
So that's what a Raging Goblin looks like at rare. I'm going to hold on to any of these I pull because they'll go up in price, just like Deathrite is.


You're comparing this to Deathrite Shaman...? 
A presale set on ebay right now is only $60 Doaj!  Get 'em while they're way overpriced!  That ability is crazy tho, might be used in multiple formats.  
guys... this gives your creatures 1st strike AND trample... i may not be a "competitive" player, but how is this anything but awesome?

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

So that's what a Raging Goblin looks like at rare. I'm going to hold on to any of these I pull because they'll go up in price, just like Deathrite is.


You're comparing this to Deathrite Shaman...? 


You people weren't too hot on Deathrite Shaman, remember? I had 23739046 people jumping at my throat for saying it was better than Birds of Paradise, and guess who's contender for best Legacy 1 drop right now?

Also that token clause is obnoxious as hell. What is development doing to cards? First the "cant be countered" line on Cavern of Souls, now the X-hosing on the Medic... seems like they just dropped any pretense of elegance and are just adding completely unjustified sentences to cards to make them more playable.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
It's not SUPER awesome, because 1/1 first strike haste trample isn't that great.
Clearly not in the same decks as Deathrite Shaman, but just as potentially viable for extended and eternal formats. I was wrong about Lotleth Troll, so I'll make no recommendations for others, but I'll be hanging onto these.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
So that's what a Raging Goblin looks like at rare. I'm going to hold on to any of these I pull because they'll go up in price, just like Deathrite is.


You're comparing this to Deathrite Shaman...? 


You people weren't too hot on Deathrite Shaman, remember? I had 23739046 people jumping at my throat for saying it was better than Birds of Paradise, and guess who's contender for best Legacy 1 drop right now?

Also that token clause is obnoxious as hell. What is development doing to cards? First the "cant be countered" line on Cavern of Souls, now the X-hosing on the Medic... seems like they just dropped any pretense of elegance and are just adding completely unjustified sentences to cards to make them more playable.


I didn't think it would be as good as it is right now but I knew it was going to be just as good as grim lavamancer at least. 

I don't like RTR much for constructed but it was a good limited format. For Standard constructed I think the format is pretty oppressive just because if you go behind in a game at all you've basically lost. Ther is no incremental advantage in this current standard. You go ahead quick and win or you play control and wrath through their stuff until you've stablized. Life totals are being changed in huge chunks.

Control isn't even that great right now but it seems like they want to print more cards to hose it. It seems like they are just building RDW so anybody who wants to attend their first FNM can feel good about themselves and it's not good for the format. 
It's very strange that red grants all these abilities. Normally, small-but-extremely-efficient-in-abilities creatures are white.
unblockable by tokens is a funny restriction
is that a first?


Closest I can think of is Vindictive Mob.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Seems like an auto include for RDW.

Unfortunate that his rare status will likely make him atleast a 5 dollar card.
I expect the FFL had a lot of Lingering Souls decks.
Seems like an auto include for RDW.

Unfortunate that his rare status will likely make him atleast a 5 dollar card.


Yeah, they should print all of the cards they are designing for RDW at common to lower the cost of the deck even further. 
Its meant for a Boros deck, but yeah RDW will want it.

They tacked on the anti-token ability to start having Lingering Souls, Midnight Haunting, and Thragtusk be less advantageous I imagine.

I like that this guy has haste, so he's not a dead draw at the end of the game.  Build your army and then cast him and swing away.  No more surprise chump blocks (well, except for Restoration Angel and Snapcaster Mage).
Seems like an auto include for RDW.

Unfortunate that his rare status will likely make him atleast a 5 dollar card.


Yeah, they should print all of the cards they are designing for RDW at common to lower the cost of the deck even further. 


Well if it was up to me, we wouldn't have any rarities, but that's something else entirely.

RDW already has plenty of pricey cards in it. It's just not as pricey as your average BANT deck because it's mono.
Looks good I wouldn't be suprised if this saw alot of play.


A card Rorix likes? Welp, we've found the Htarmogoyf of the set .

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I like one drop red critters.  First Strike is HUGE.  Curious to see how much play this guy gets, but I want four.  
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
This guy is nuts. And i absolutely love the art.
look at that little guy...lol i wanna see some more batallion stuff at common and uncommon

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
As a red player I see nothing wrong or absurd with this. Move along. Wink
Seems like an auto include for RDW.

Unfortunate that his rare status will likely make him atleast a 5 dollar card.


Yeah, they should print all of the cards they are designing for RDW at common to lower the cost of the deck even further. 



To be fair, Rarity only has a strong effect on Draft settings.  And this would be a pretty nuts draft common. 

Rarity does have some value on the secondary market, however isn't necessarily the value maker so much as demand is.  Just that good cards at rare are harder to obtain  And you can add on the mental effect of calling something a "rare" which makes people willing to pay more, as I have to wonder how "rare" certain money cards are as I see them for sale all the bloody time-at least with other collectibles you have to search a bit to find the money items.  That said printing it at uncommon probabl wouldn't do terribly much to the value unless it gets into the 10+$ range once prices have evened out. 
First Strike OR Trample, on a 1/1 haste with Battallion I could understand. But...both?!

Jesus... 

DCI Judge Level 1

Seems like an auto include for RDW.

Unfortunate that his rare status will likely make him atleast a 5 dollar card.


Yeah, they should print all of the cards they are designing for RDW at common to lower the cost of the deck even further. 



To be fair, Rarity only has a strong effect on Draft settings.  And this would be a pretty nuts draft common. 

Rarity does have some value on the secondary market, however isn't necessarily the value maker so much as demand is.  Just that good cards at rare are harder to obtain  And you can add on the mental effect of calling something a "rare" which makes people willing to pay more, as I have to wonder how "rare" certain money cards are as I see them for sale all the bloody time-at least with other collectibles you have to search a bit to find the money items.  That said printing it at uncommon probabl wouldn't do terribly much to the value unless it gets into the 10+$ range once prices have evened out. 


Still, ultimately, rare cards are thrice less common than uncommons (3 times rarer) and 30 times rarer than uncommons because EVERY SINGLE cards comes from (mainly) booster (pratically we can ignore intro packs and the other special sealed product I believe)
Demand is a strong factor, but so is supply.
I play for fun
Seems like an auto include for RDW.

Unfortunate that his rare status will likely make him atleast a 5 dollar card.


Yeah, they should print all of the cards they are designing for RDW at common to lower the cost of the deck even further. 



To be fair, Rarity only has a strong effect on Draft settings.  And this would be a pretty nuts draft common. 

Rarity does have some value on the secondary market, however isn't necessarily the value maker so much as demand is.  Just that good cards at rare are harder to obtain  And you can add on the mental effect of calling something a "rare" which makes people willing to pay more, as I have to wonder how "rare" certain money cards are as I see them for sale all the bloody time-at least with other collectibles you have to search a bit to find the money items.  That said printing it at uncommon probabl wouldn't do terribly much to the value unless it gets into the 10+$ range once prices have evened out. 


Still, ultimately, rare cards are thrice less common than uncommons (3 times rarer) and 30 times rarer than uncommons because EVERY SINGLE cards comes from (mainly) booster (pratically we can ignore intro packs and the other special sealed product I believe)
Demand is a strong factor, but so is supply.


Complete the tri-fecta with sex appeal and we have Jace, the Mind Sculptor all over again.
57170298 wrote:
Borrowing the East Wind (P3) - Haha, it's like Hurricane but for horsemanship? That makes hilariously little sense. "Oh man, the wind is so much worse up on this horse."
57044478 wrote:
Jon Finkel can win a Magic tournament with a ham sandwich. That doesn't mean ham sandwiches are now the metagame breaker.
97820278 wrote:
Koth: I'm the first viable red planeswalker. Who are you? Tibalt: I'm a two-mana red planeswalker. Koth: I'm the last viable red planeswalker.
This card will solve my problems of my friend's Selensya token deck!!!!! I'm adding this to my sideboard for sure!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

Seems like an auto include for RDW.

Unfortunate that his rare status will likely make him atleast a 5 dollar card.


Yeah, they should print all of the cards they are designing for RDW at common to lower the cost of the deck even further. 



To be fair, Rarity only has a strong effect on Draft settings.  And this would be a pretty nuts draft common. 

Rarity does have some value on the secondary market, however isn't necessarily the value maker so much as demand is.  Just that good cards at rare are harder to obtain  And you can add on the mental effect of calling something a "rare" which makes people willing to pay more, as I have to wonder how "rare" certain money cards are as I see them for sale all the bloody time-at least with other collectibles you have to search a bit to find the money items.  That said printing it at uncommon probabl wouldn't do terribly much to the value unless it gets into the 10+$ range once prices have evened out. 


Still, ultimately, rare cards are thrice less common than uncommons (3 times rarer) and 30 times rarer than uncommons because EVERY SINGLE cards comes from (mainly) booster (pratically we can ignore intro packs and the other special sealed product I believe)
Demand is a strong factor, but so is supply.


But if you make all of the cards have equal chance of being in a booster you don't greatly increase the odds of getting a specific rare and you make it harder to get specific commons and uncommons. In the end you get the same supply and demand problems so making everything the same rarity is in fact not a solution. 
Seems like an auto include for RDW.

Unfortunate that his rare status will likely make him atleast a 5 dollar card.


Yeah, they should print all of the cards they are designing for RDW at common to lower the cost of the deck even further. 



To be fair, Rarity only has a strong effect on Draft settings.  And this would be a pretty nuts draft common. 

Rarity does have some value on the secondary market, however isn't necessarily the value maker so much as demand is.  Just that good cards at rare are harder to obtain  And you can add on the mental effect of calling something a "rare" which makes people willing to pay more, as I have to wonder how "rare" certain money cards are as I see them for sale all the bloody time-at least with other collectibles you have to search a bit to find the money items.  That said printing it at uncommon probabl wouldn't do terribly much to the value unless it gets into the 10+$ range once prices have evened out. 


Still, ultimately, rare cards are thrice less common than uncommons (3 times rarer) and 30 times rarer than uncommons because EVERY SINGLE cards comes from (mainly) booster (pratically we can ignore intro packs and the other special sealed product I believe)
Demand is a strong factor, but so is supply.


But if you make all of the cards have equal chance of being in a booster you don't greatly increase the odds of getting a specific rare and you make it harder to get specific commons and uncommons. In the end you get the same supply and demand problems so making everything the same rarity is in fact not a solution. 


Well, I never proposed anything at all, I was just poiting out rarity does influence on singles price to some extent.

If every card had equal rarity (so no rarity at all) we would ultimately have less quantity of useless cardboard gathering dust in a corner.

This measure would breake limited (fixeable by manteining the current system just for these events), but would be eco friendly AND lighter on our pockets.
I play for fun
If every card had equal rarity (so no rarity at all) we would ultimately have less quantity of useless cardboard gathering dust in a corner.


Basically not true at all. You would have about the same chances of getting stuff as you do now and they still print "bad" cards because it makes for a good limited environment. Only a handful of cards from each set are constructed playable and it will always be that way. 
I like how the Goblin's all amped up and charging and the soldiers in the background are all chill. The card? The card is good Wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing 2+ of this in aggro decks, either in the SB or MD.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
We don't need another lazy band-aid COME ON WIZARDS
Yay, a proper replacement for my Reckless Waifs! Now, can I acquire a set of these without gutting my wallet?

L1 Judge

And there goes flavor right out of the window again.

Now they can just DIRECTLY reference the stack in the next expansion.

Which can be a good thing:
"Remove target creature card you own from the game. Return it to the playing mat on your side when the stack is empty."
If every card had equal rarity (so no rarity at all) we would ultimately have less quantity of useless cardboard gathering dust in a corner.


Basically not true at all. You would have about the same chances of getting stuff as you do now and they still print "bad" cards because it makes for a good limited environment. Only a handful of cards from each set are constructed playable and it will always be that way. 


It all depends on how magic cards are printed. I believe that for every "good card", say, a thragtusk, 10 "bad" cards (cancel) are printed.
So if we got rid of rarity, there would be a thragtusk for each cancel in circulation (thats not currently the case as my pile of extra commons shelved tells me). But if it was the case, dont you agree with me that, in terms of quantity, with rarity not being a factor and considering that the total amount of any given card is the same as it always has been (say, a million cards per set), there would be "good" cards everywhere just like cancel is everywhere. And thus reducing their price, because demand is the same (everyone would still want their 4 thratusk) but supply is much bigger. This would also, obviously, make cancel less common than it is now, and so the price would go up, because the demand would be the same, given the card power doesnt change because of rarity in any scenario.
I play for fun
Sign In to post comments