[GTC-ICD] Blind Obedience

89 posts / 0 new
Last post

Blind Obedience (Rare) -
Enchantment
Extort
Artifacts and creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
"By the time your knees have worn through your robe, you may have begun to learn your place."

Source: DailyMTG
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Art? Awesome
Colors? Good
Playability? Maybe. Close enough.
Flavor Text? Good. Especially by current standards.

I am happy with this. 

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

What, no lands too?

I wonder how much play this will see. It's interesting.
This card seems pretty good for its cost. Slows down RDW and makes your opponent have less blockers when they play creatures.
YOU WILL BOW.

This is a fun little card. I don't know if it'll see play anywhere, but I like it. 
Oh geez. Oh geez. OH GEEZ. I like this
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
Haste hate.
Could be a decent sb card against aggro potentially.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Haste hate.

And blocker hate. Another all-around useful Boros card?
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Wow - only 2CMC for that?  Really slows down aggro.
KNELL BEFORE OBZEDAT!

Orzel, Halfelven son of Zel, Mystic Ranger, Bane to Dragons, Death to Undeath, Killer of Abyssals, King of the Wilds. Constitution Based Class for Next!

KNELL BEFORE OBZEDAT!

Funny how it actually gets Obzedat pretty well at his own game.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

This will slow down Aggro a lot
Put into battlefield tapped hurts aggro, also there's extort ability which help to stabilize your life. 
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
KNELL BEFORE OBZEDAT!

I think the joke you were looking for is "Kneel before 'zhov"
Card is pretty bad.
 I really like this card. No more getting blown out by hasty Falkenrath Aristocrat, Thundermaw Hellkite, Hellrider or even two Strangleroot Geist at once. 
Blue White CONTROL
And to think not to long ago that people were complaining about Aggro getting so much good stuff that control wouldn't be able to handle itself.

This is just awesome for a Control deck that focuses on temp.  It might even be maindeckable to screw with tempo of other decks, as they will be playing 1 turn behind, which is great for certain control archetypes.

Good in multplayer formats also, as it slows down all of your opponents.  I'm gonna need a play set.

Can be pretty decent in limited also as a sideboard card if your opponents are playing aggro.  Just a very solid card.

Edit:  I completely missed the extort, which is just icing on the cake.  Very good card all around methinks.
Easily my favorite card thus far. It's cheap extortion and a prison-y effect (I thought WotC didn't want us to have those), and that is quite awesome.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Wow, that's pretty sweet.
Eh, boring hoser is boring. I don't think it'll have a major effect on the only format I play, unless it somehow makes it as a way of dealing with Splinter Twin. Kind of sad that it sort of makes Root Maze obsolete, but it's not like I ever used the card anyway.
It's freaking scary how much more cool stuff my mono-white Soldiers deck is getting from Orzhov than Boros. I wouldn't mind having a singleton of this in the sideboard for that one.
KNELL BEFORE OBZEDAT!

excellent
loving this card even more now
proud member of the 2011 community team
Hah, Haste hate. Nice Haster you got there, Thundermaw? Same for you, Mr. Hellrider. Shame you be tapped!

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
lol RDW hate xD

extort too... =( why it no be black? 
KNELL BEFORE OBZEDAT!

Excellent

Orzel, Halfelven son of Zel, Mystic Ranger, Bane to Dragons, Death to Undeath, Killer of Abyssals, King of the Wilds. Constitution Based Class for Next!

I really really like this card.  The tapped/kneeling-in-obeisance thing is awesome.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

The more I think about it I think I'd rather just have them overextend into wrath instead of playing this nonsense.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

I wish this was :wb::wb: instead of just white, good slow down for hasty creatures, play this on turn 2 and you have an extort that is hard to get rid of, the artifact/creature hate is just icing...

now all we need is something like stasis and the other guy will start to cry...
Beautiful.
http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg
This is a start. Want more Esper love.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
The flavor in this card is amazing.  Not to mention that it's actually a very good card.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Great against Craterhoof Reanimator builds. Great against RDW. Great against decks running Thrag (Though not as great as Skullcrack). I like it. A lot.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
This is going to be a great sideboard card for control. I could even see running a couple main considering how many decks are currently running and will be running hasty creatures.
How come a card that grants haste costs 3 (fervor) and a card that hoses it plus has an ability it costs 2?  Guess it negates flashed in blockers as well. 
Because giving everything you have haste is potentially way more powerful than negating your opponents' haste and stopping first turn blocking.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Great anti agro card for an Orzhov bleeder stratergy.  Also a good temp card W/x weenie decks.  Now lets see some common's and uncomons to
see if w/b bleeder will be viable in limited.
Great art, great flavor text, great effect for decks that want to slow the game down. Like all of mine. 

KNELL BEFORE OBZEDAT!

Obzedat's self-flickering ability is a may ability.  So he can play around it just fine.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
KNELL BEFORE OBZEDAT!

Obzedat's self-flickering ability is a may ability.  So he can play around it just fine.

>Implying that forcing no-flicker is in any way not "getting" him

They definitely pushed the power level of this card. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
Everyone is talking about how this is good in control.  Isn't it also good in white aggro or Boros aggro?  Their blockers can't block the turn they come in, you can ping them with Extort same as you would a burn spell.

I haven't really played a lot of constructed though, is it too slow?