Crusader of Odric
Drogskol Captain
Nibilis of the Breath
Battleground Geist
Shriekgeist
Invisible Stalker
Stromkirk Noble
Falkenrath Exterminator

What I did with creatures was I went for flying types, and worked them out the best I could.
Then added cards in with beneficial effects knowing I have cards that could also turn them into flying.

Planeswalkers - 1
---------------
Chandra, the Firebrand

Chandra is a really great card, knowing I was going to have other reds in, I figured she was a must.

Artifacts - 5
-------------
Traveler's Amulet x2
Ring of Xathrid
Ring of Thune
Angelic Armaments

With multiple colors, the Traveler's amulets help me locate a land I may need to summon a certain color
card, and a bonus land for one mana always helps. The Angelic Armaments grants a human or vampire
with an effect I liked become more powerful AND flying, to boost my flying corps. The rings are both
just terrific cards.

Enchantment - 1
-----------------
Oblivion Ring

I tried to avoid enchantments, but Oblivion Ring is a relatively low mana cost and a helpful card nontheless.

Instant - 8
------------
Rally the Peasents x2
Burning Oil x2
Smelt
Geist Snatch
Midnight Haunting
Safe Passage

Instants and sorcery are a great add to this deck, especially because they both, with flying creatures annoy people
and add a mental advantage for me. The instants are all a mix of good cards, that can aid at different times.

Sorcery - 5
------------
Talrands Invocation x2
Turn to Slag
Demolish
Flames of the Firebrand

Talrand's adds valuable tokens for defense, demolish gets rid of a pesky artifact, or gets rid of a land, perfect.
Flames of the Firebrand adds some bonus damage for a relatively low cost which will help me in a spot where I need to reduce my opponants life.
And finally turn to slag can come up BIG against a troublesome card my opponant has.

Land - 23
-----------
Evolving Wilds x2
Island x4
Mountain x7
Plains x10

I sorted the standard land cards to comply with the number of instant, sorcery and creature cards of the color I have, so it's smooth.
The evolving wilds add a boost to my mana pool while allowing me a better chance of obtaining a color I may need,
because I am using three colors. Also, the reason for 23. 60 cards = 20 land. Since I had an odd number of other cards I added three more
lands to balance it out.

Thats it. All feed back appreciated!

Moving to Casual Decks.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Please autocard your list first.

&#91c&#93Evolving Wilds&#91/c&#93 => Evolving Wilds

My EDH decks:

Erebos ()

Damia ()

Ghave ()

Sliver Overlord ()

Requiem Angel
Seraph of Dawn
Serra Angel
Nibilis of the Mist
Nibilis of the Urn x2
Gallows Warden
Aven Squire
Elitie Vanguard x2
Knight of Glory
Thraben Doomsayer
Crusader of Odric
Drogskol Captain
Nibilis of the Breath
Battleground Geist
Shriekgeist
Invisible Stalker
Stromkirk Noble
Falkenrath Exterminator
Chandra, the Firebrand
Traveler's Amulet x2
Ring of Xathrid
Ring of Thune
Angelic Armaments
Oblivion Ring
Rally the Peasents x2
Burning Oil x2
Smelt
Geist Snatch
Midnight Haunting
Safe Passage
Talrands Invocation x2
Turn to Slag
Demolish
Flames of the Firebrand
Evolving Wilds x2
Island x4
Mountain x7
Plains x10

Ok, I auto-carded the list, some typos in there, but let's ignore that.

You list is very scattered.  Example, Xathrid Ring + 0 Black Creatures.  Also, Chandra really isn't that impressive unless you have a lt of burn to back her up, or plan to use her -2 for some fun combo.

Also, with so many singletons, you'll never get what you want to draw when you'll need it most.  Here's a general guide line for card numbers:

4-of: I want to this in every game, and multiple copies if possible.
3-of: I want to this every game or this is starting to get towards the top of my curve.
2-of: I occassionally want to see this in a game, or this is some kind of high mana cost finisher.
1-of: I rarely want to see this in a game, or I have some way to search it out.

It looks very much like you want to play a more aggressive strategy, but you have very few 1 and 2 converted mana cost (cmc) creatures.  For an aggressive deck, those are your bread and butter creatures that do most of the work.  Your deck starts to come online around turn 3/4.  That'd be fine if you had a way to interact with turn 1/2 plays, but you don't.  And the ways you do have to interact with the other deck, are very narrow.  Smelt for example isn't a card you often see in a deck, other than in it's 15 card SB.  Smelt is useless unless they have an artifact you want to blow up.

Play with the deck, see what works, what doesn't work and start removing what doesn't work for more coppies of what does work.  It'll greatly increase your consistancy.

I'd also probably cut Red from your deck and and try to trim down to 60 cards with still those 23 lands. Red isn't doing a lot here, and you'll need around 24 land if you want to have any hope of playing those 5 cmc spells in a timely manner.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
It needs some focus and probably would be better served by playing 2 colors.
Don't be too smart to have fun
You should be running 60 cards. 24 Land is what I'd recommend. If you don't have the money for shocklands, you should invest in guildgates.
Please autocard your list first.

&#91c&#93Evolving Wilds&#91/c&#93 => Evolving Wilds

how do i autocard?
Like he said in his post [ c ] card name [/c]
Sign In to post comments