Contest -- Run! There Are Vampires in the Plane!!!

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
i had a fascinating realization: the following are the only Vampires in the plane of Ravnica
Moroii
Necropolis Regent
Skeletal Vampire
Szadek, Lord of Secrets

how'd that happen?

let's rectify

make sure your design is strictly Ravnican
Fledermaus Creature Bat
flying,  protection from black
~bats "see" by echo and hunt mosquitoes

(1/1)

Bloodthrill Vampire ()()

Creature -- Vampire

Flying

Pay 3 life: ~ gains double strike until the end of the turn

Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ would be sent to the graveyard, exile it instead and put a +1/+1 counter on ~.

2/1

It feels the need to suck dry all of it's victims, even if it bleeds in the process.

Orzhov :WBM:
Dimir :UBM:
Rakdos :BRM:
Golgari :BGM:

Haughty Prince -- :WM::BM:
Creature - Vampire Advisor (R)

Extort
Whenever you would gain life, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Haugty Prince instead.

"I like to serve my subjects. The more interaction, the more I get."
0 / 3
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
will close in 25 hours
Vampire Infiltrator ()()
Creature- Vampire
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may pay X. If you do, search your library for an instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost X or less and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
2/1
"They've sent the Skyknights. Let us pray it will be enough."-Boros Guard
Feral Newborn :brm:
Creature - Vampire
Unleash
Exile a creature card in a graveyard: put a +1/+1 counter on Feral Newborn. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery and only once a turn.
2/2

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Vampire Rat

Creature-Vampire Rat
Vampire Rat's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Rats you control.
Sacrifice a Rat: Put a +1/+1 counter on Vampire Rat.
The sewers run sick with the strangest plagues.
*/*
Circus Bat-Keeper 

Creature - Vampire (U)

Flying, lifelink

When Vampire Bat-Keeper enters the battlefield, put 3 1/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying and lifelink onto the battlefield.

Try your best not to volunteer. They are very interested in your blood type. Not only the blood-sucking bats, but also the vampire keeper too.

3/3

cheers!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

Orzhov :WBM:
Dimir :UBM:
Rakdos :BRM:
Golgari :BGM:

Haughty Prince -- :WM::BM:
Creature - Vampire Advisor (R)

Extort
Whenever you would gain life, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Haugty Prince instead.

"I like to serve my subjects. The more interaction, the more I get."
0 / 3

hotty prince XD
intentional? totally

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Screw this, here's something crazy.

Elocutor Edmund
Legendary Creature - Vampire Advisor

Flying
At the beginning of each opponent's untap step, for each creature he controls, he may choose not to untap it. Then, draw a card for each untapped creature that opponent controls.
Whenever Elocutor Edmund deals combat damage to a player, you may either put a +1/+1 counter on Elocutor Edmund or a filibuster counter on a permanent you control.

"I have realized there is nothing more oppressive, dominating, and painfully pleasurable than the leash provided by rules and regulations." - Edmund 

5/5 

Azorius vampires in the house.
Rakdos Nightstalker
()()
Creature - Vampire

(Art depicts a vampire in a gruesome blood stained clown mask.)

Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a creature, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.

He will sometimes let them go, if they amuse him enough.

2/3
Fungal Vampire 
Creature - Vampire Fungus
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile each creature in your graveyard. ~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter for each creature exiled this way.
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to an opponent, exile up to that many creatures from that player's graveyard. For each creature exiled this way, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
2/2

Also sidenote: Despite that there are vampires in Mirrodin, there were only 4 vampire cards; Bleak Coven Vampires, Chancellor of the Dross, Mephidross Vampire, and Sangromancer. Isn't that weird? 
  Dranor, the Lichblood |
Legendary Creature — Vampire Shaman
  : Put target creature card from an opponent's graveyard onto the battlefield under your control if its converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of vampires you control.
4/4
You forgot Duskmantle Prowler, also Dimir-affiliated.

Anyway...

Undying Hunter

Creature--Vampire Rogue

When a creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Undying Hunter.

Dredge 3

2/2
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

how is he from Ravnica?
he's from M13 -- it's his sole printing

EDIT = only card in all of M13 which directly references Ravnica is Yeva's Forcemage
overwhelming majority of the cards do not depict landscape comparable to the city-plane
and Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis is very clearly not from/in Ravnica

how is he from Ravnica?
he's from M13 -- it's his sole printing

He's from Ravnica due to lore relation

Land
Duskmantle, House of Shadow

really need to learn how to do card link lol.

Matt_Holck = Fledermaus = though I am a fan of Strauss: this isn't a vampire, nor is it Ravnican -- disqualified

an_endless_epidemic = Bloodthrill Vampire = abilities all seem reasonable; it isn't an automatic "this goes in my black/red deck!" but it definitely warrants consideration -- the cost of 3 life seems a little random; especially since its starting power is 2 -- an issue with the final ability in that it doesn't track "this turn"; wants you to keep track of any creature it has ever dealt damage to in the entire game.. which has serious memory issues; needs to be "this turn" like Sengir Vampire and Blood Cultist

altimis = Haughty Prince = one thing we've learned from the cards in print is that Revnican vampires fly -- is a very good design, though -- it's great for the colors and the extort makes it very strong; good on keeping it rare and having opening power be 0 -- very nice

Ulcaster = Vampire Infiltrator = suffers the common flaw of not revealing the card you've searched for; without revealing, the game has no way of knowing that the card you found actually has cmc X or less, or that it's even an instant or sorcery; the rules require a reveal, otherwise its just plain "search your library for a card and put it into your hand" (which costs 4 without a flying creature tacked on (Diabolic Tutor) (Demonic Tutor having been restricted and banned for being costed too low)) -- that aside, searching for instant/sorceries is much more blue/red than blue/black; black also has phenomenal instants and sorceries, but it very rarely searches for them or references them so directly

Dudibus = Feral Newborn = did I ever tell you that I love the movie 'Dreamcatcher' and your screen name always makes me think of it? -- cards in print suggest Ravnican vampires fly -- cmc 5 seems really heavy for this; especially since the unleash is largely mooted; unleash is best on low cmc creatures to get a powerhouse out early and move quickly without caring about having to block; and the pseudo scavenge forces your hand on the unleash's no-block aspect.. -- and you can't even exile a lot at one and make him huge; have to move slowly -- cmc is just too high

turnip_song = Vampire Rat = cards in print suggest Ravnican vampires fly; of course, a flying rat is absurd (Die Fledermaus excepted) -- is weird to have p/t equal to the number, then sacrifice part of that number to get counters.. I guess it becomes abuseable by adding recursion to those rats you're sacrificing.. -- ultimately that aspect just feels weird and disconnected; I recognize it has some uses (like having a battle mess, then sacing the other rats instead of letting them die in battle so that his p/t doesn't drop at end of turn and you don't lose him because the slight combat damage will suddenly be enough to kill him).. but ultimately just looks too weird and unnecessary

-TheFlameReaper- = Circus Bat-Keeper = pretty obvious comparison to Skeletal Vampire; same CMC and p/t, but you add lifelink, add an extra bat, and add lifelink to all 3 of those bats.. and you made it uncommon instead of rare -- I'm not okay with that -- also, 1/1 black bat tokens with flying exist; creating the same tokens but also with lifelink is very redundant; try to keep with existing tokens or make tokens that are truly unique and warrant being a new token

Esterdi = Elocutor Edmund = what exactly are your screwing? the lack of vampires? or my contest? -- this means war! -- filibuster counter only cares for the one card.. adding a combo for one card is silly; especially when proliferate is much cheaper, easier, and more effective -- the counter ability doesn't feel white/blue at all and is just so out of place; just the huge lock down effect of the first ability on a big flying body is more than powerful enough; at that: a 5/5 flying with that ability is really pushing it; like 4/4 tops, even at cmc 6

vlord = Rakdos Nightstalker = "nightstalker" is its own creature type; there are 12 of them in print; weird to make a nightstalker that isn't actaully a nightstalker; especially since 8 of those 12 have "nightstalker" in their name -- 2/3 is pretty low p/t for cmc 5, even with those abilities; the +1/+1 are less likely to mean anything at that high cost since so rare you'll be able to sneak in an attack (especially without haste) -- and the -1/-1 ability is just a less powerful wither; just give it wither! make it more of a threat and encourage them to let it go through unblocked

dtolle = Fungal Vampire = very interesting on the mirrodin note; though they do show a vampire in the art for Go for the Throat -- there are no creatures in graveyards; just creature cards; need the word "cards" in there -- that's a very cool design; it's great black/green and makes you choose between this and those cards that want graveyards full of creatures (Lord of Extinction, Ghoultree, etc) -- I vaguely feel like horror is a better second type, but fungus certainly works

GeorgeW = Dranor, the Lichblood = at same cmc and same activation cost, Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet is kinda a stronger bet.. and if you're running lots of vamps, Captivating Vampire is even better (gotta LOVE that cmc 3 plus lord effect) -- also really want the revived creature to become a vampire.. or at least a zombie (a la Null); just bringing it back to life but exactly as it was isn't very flavor appropriate at all

bay_falconer = Undying Hunter = I'm still not sold Duskmantle Prowler is Ravnican; I know I'm pulling at straws, but the name "duskmantle" isn't necessarily just Dimir; and its abilities aren't blue (bant has blue and loved exalted; but still much more white than blue; only 3 mono-blue exalted creatures) -- the any-creature-dies counter effect is always so strong; but is super black/green -- cmc 4 with that ability; obvious comparison to Lumberknot; trading hexproof for dredge.. I dunno.. dredge is pretty fantastic -- overall, interesting design and well done

altimis with Haughty Prince

dtolle with Fungal Vampire

Land
Duskmantle, House of Shadow

really need to learn how to do card link lol.

do the following without the extra spaces: " [ c ] Duskmantle, House of Shadow [ / c ] " = Duskmantle, House of Shadow

EDIT = click "quote" and look at the construction used -- just follow that
And here I was, thinking I overcosted it...ohwell... 
Well rares nowadays are like very OP and my card is 6 mana for a combine of a 6/6 which is just right. And the only special thing added was flying and lifelink so I still think it should be uncommon.
For the bat token thing maybe I should do this:
When Vampire Bat-Keeper enters the battlefield, put 3 1/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.
Bat creatures you control have flying.
Well anyways nice contest!
Cheers

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

Sign In to post comments