BUG Midrange

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

The only thing the deck has trouble with is getting UU for Dissipate. other than that it runs pretty smoothly and i actually dont really mind searching far and wide for a basic Island to get UU anyway.

Wolf run is a house with an active Garruk and is just fun with Nighthawk.

anyway, thoughts??

EDIT: Thoughts on the PW's as well 
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
Why is Kessig Wolf Run in this deck?  It's the only card that requires red.  It feels out of place here.

If getting the blue needed to cast Dissipate is a problem, consider trying Syncopate instead.  It only needs 1 blue.
Why is Kessig Wolf Run in this deck?  It's the only card that requires red.  It feels out of place here.

If getting the blue needed to cast Dissipate is a problem, consider trying Syncopate instead.  It only needs 1 blue.

Wolf Run is here for multiple reasons. I have a Blood crypt that i can fecth wiht Farseek so getting the red isnt really the problem.

Kessig turns any creature into an instant threat. It gives me a way to come back after a board wipe (verdict/terminus). Also, with Garruk Relentless his wolfs can become a huge problem if i have an active wolf run. It just gives lots of options, which is important.

Im not the biggest fan of Syncopate because it juts too mana intensive. Why counter something with 6 mana when you can do the same with 3?

Deathrite is also very good right now as well.

Wolf Run is here for multiple reasons. I have a Blood crypt that i can fecth wiht Farseek so getting the red isnt really the problem.

Kessig turns any creature into an instant threat. It gives me a way to come back after a board wipe (verdict/terminus). Also, with Garruk Relentless his wolfs can become a huge problem if i have an active wolf run. It just gives lots of options, which is important.

Im not the biggest fan of Syncopate because it juts too mana intensive. Why counter something with 6 mana when you can do the same with 3?

Deathrite is also very good right now as well.

but syncopate can also counter their 2/3/4 drops for 2 mana.
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/rCB4r.jpg)
it just looks like a bad jund deck

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Maybe, but im liking it better than i liked Jund.

Maybe, but im liking it better than i liked Jund.

Agreed, and everyone and their mothers are playing jund. At least this is somewhat creative. I aprove of this BUG/r deck. For I myself are also going into RUG midrange next set as well.
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats
While Sycopate is good early on it is not good in the late game where it needs to be. Dissipate is good at this. My early turn are going to be spent drawing, killing and farseeking. the countering and then playing my bombs. Sorry, didnt mean to ignore syncopate vs Dissipate in the deck.

considering going -1 Jace, +1 Ultimate Price/Garruk, Primal Hunter
Jace is now another ultimate Price.
Bump and some minor changes,

-1 dissipate
-2 Nephalia Drownyard
-1 jace architect of thought

+2 Swamp
+1 Vampire Nighthawk 
+1 Dreg Mangler

In testing the deck preforms well against RDW and UWR control/flash, though flash is a interesting MU.