Does Evoke Stack?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does extort stack if you have more than one permanent with extort on the field? I can't tell by the reading.
Does evoke stack if you have more than one permanent with evoke on the field? I can't tell by the reading.

You can have more than one Evoke on a card, but you can only use one.  You pay the Evoke cost for one of the abilities, and only that one triggers.

Evoke is an alternative cost to cast a creature spell. It doesn't do anything on the battlefield. Surely you mean something else?

L1 Judge

maybe Extort, the new Orzhov mechanic?
that does stack, it will trigger for each permanent with Extort that you control and give you the option to pay to drain 1 life
proud member of the 2011 community team
maybe Extort, the new Orzhov mechanic?
that does stack, it will trigger for each permanent with Extort that you control and give you the option to pay to drain 1 life

Yes, thank you. I edited. I was on the phone talking about shriekmaw actually when I typed this. You can pay 1 for each drain, correct?
yes, for each trigger
also note that the spell with extort will not trigger for itself when you cast it (unless that is hidden in the rules and not in the reminder text)
proud member of the 2011 community team
Yep, whenever you cast a spell, each instance of Extort on permanents you control will trigger, each giving you the option to pay for a single point of life drain.

L1 Judge