Newb question

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am getting into Magic, I have played about 2 tournaments as well as a few games with friends. From what the rules that have been explained to me is you can not have more than 4 of the same card per deck.

In this game in all the decks you can buy or unlock you never have more than 4 of the same cards per deck. Why is it when I play some campaign duels the computer played so far the most ive seen identical is 11 cards, and this has happened more than once.

Any help on this?? is this a glitch?? is there a way to set the game to standard rules?? Any information would be of great help. Thanks in advance to the community.

They are called encounters designed that way to teach new players how to adjust their deck to handle an army of suntail hawks or pyromancers.
Get online you traitor!
Lol.how long you on for?
Lol.how long you on for?[/quote

Another hour or so.
Prob not, wife wants to spend some time together, if i get away I'll drop you a message.
Prob not, wife wants to spend some time together, if i get away I'll drop you a message.

No worries mate. Chat soon.
I am getting into Magic, I have played about 2 tournaments as well as a few games with friends. From what the rules that have been explained to me is you can not have more than 4 of the same card per deck.

In this game in all the decks you can buy or unlock you never have more than 4 of the same cards per deck. Why is it when I play some campaign duels the computer played so far the most ive seen identical is 11 cards, and this has happened more than once.

Any help on this?? is this a glitch?? is there a way to set the game to standard rules?? Any information would be of great help. Thanks in advance to the community.

They are called encounters designed that way to teach new players how to adjust their deck to handle an army of suntail hawks or pyromancers.

This.

The Encounters in Duels 2013 challenge players against specific situations you wouldn't otherwise see in a game of Magic. So while it's true that legal Magic decks can't have more than 4 of one card, the Encounter decks break that rule in order to present you with a special scenario. The Encounters also give you a chance to unlock cards in the decks you're using before moving on to challenge the Planeswalkers (Encounters can also be skipped). Similarly, the Challenges you later unlock throw the player into the middle of a game in order to present them with special circumstances. In these, you have to figure out the best way to defeat each scenario using the limited resources you have in your hand. Both concepts are new ways to explore the mechanics of Magic.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Awesome, thanks for the help. This makes a ton of sense now