Calling all Whovians...

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
As I noted in my first post, "My new Jace idea." I am new to the card creating side of MTG. I was messing around with more planeswalker ideas, and while I know this does not fit into the MTG world whatsoever, I thought this would be a cool card to make for fun. Something you could display or play casually with because, well everyone loves The Doctor. Without further ado, I give you...*drum roll* The Doctor, Lord of Time!

I don't like any "doctor" card without the flavor text "I am fully charged".

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
I don't like any "doctor" card without the flavor text "I am fully charged".

lol Where in the world do you put flavor text on a walker? 

I don't watch Dr who but you could do "the xth Dr, fully charged" :Pw
I don't watch Dr who...

You should. You're missing out on so, so much.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

I don't watch Dr who...

Indeed!
I don't watch Dr who...

Indeed!

I think you mean "allons-y!" :P

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

That is not Tom Baker.
#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.
Needs more Christopher Eccleston.
I could watch Dr.  Who, but my list of "things I want to watch some time" vastly outstrips the time at which I am awake enough to have any idea what's going on and am not busy with other important thing, such as going to class or arguing with strangers on the internet.  Although I can usually do those things even when I'm too tired to have any idea what's going on in a television show.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
I'm not really sure how white the Tenth Doctor is, but I am glad you made him a Planeswalker and not a creature. 

Sort-of on topic, it annoyed me when Maro said the Daleks were black/blue, as I think those are probably the colours that describe them least. I don't feel a creature that fundamentally acts to advance the goal of its species rather than itself could ever be described as black, and any technology they do embrace is purely to further a goal that has nothing to do with it.  

On the other hand, Daleks are green, because they believe they are embracing and furthering the natural order. Daleks are white, because they believe in creating a world they believe to be just. Daleks are red, because they are compelled to achieve their goals through intense emotions of rage and hate. I'm not sure how you'd go about uniting this colour identity with the mechanics that fit in these colours, but I'd argue it is clearly there all the same.
On the other hand, Daleks are green, because they believe they are embracing and furthering the natural order. Daleks are white, because they believe in creating a world they believe to be just. Daleks are red, because they are compelled to achieve their goals through intense emotions of rage and hate. I'm not sure how you'd go about uniting this colour identity with the mechanics that fit in these colours, but I'd argue it is clearly there all the same.

There are 20 WRG creatures. You can look at those for inspiration.

I'm not really sure how white the Tenth Doctor is, but I am glad you made him a Planeswalker and not a creature. 

Sort-of on topic, it annoyed me when Maro said the Daleks were black/blue, as I think those are probably the colours that describe them least. I don't feel a creature that fundamentally acts to advance the goal of its species rather than itself could ever be described as black, and any technology they do embrace is purely to further a goal that has nothing to do with it.  

I made him white because he gives life, and regenerates. I made him blue because he constantly foils other species plans. I could add black because of the death that tends to surround him.

Hate is often seen as black.

I agree, it's not exactly accurate. I see the Daleks as red-white. I don't see any green to them (they're not natural, and don't care for nature, they care for THEM).
I see the doctor as, generally, red-blue, but the 9th and 10th doctors do tend to veer white in comparison to most of them. 
-15: Take all the turns!

Um. What if it made you skip untap? Still broken in half, but at least you have to work a little harder for it.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

I agree they're not blue or black, but they're not green either. they're basically white, and I could see some red as well. but they're basically classic white villains. Davros I could see the case for black, but his creations are not.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

I don't see them as green. I would say blue.
Definately, white.

They are as oppressive as they get.

But, you could argue that they SHOULD be red too, but it's the lack of other emotions that makes me think they should have red in them.
My belief is there is good and bad in every color. Daleks are the bad side of Azorius.

Psuedo-rant:

One thing I dislike about Ravnica is how they always scapegoat certain guilds (in particular Rakdos).
It bugs me because, realistically, how can a guild as unreliable, destructive, and insane as the rakdos even exist given boros and azorius exist?
It's because there is a good to being rakdos (and every guild), just as there is a bad to every guild (even you selesnya). If there weren't any good coming from rakdos or gruul, they would've been exterminated from ravnica.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
I wouldn't place the 10th in White. He's not very orderly, and certainly not one for authority, as he makes clear loudly and often. "Giving life"/"Saving people" is not really white, except incidentally. His selflessness places him well out of black, but he's a very emotional person. I would probably place him squarely in Blue/Red.

Also, agreeing with the general (unrelated) consensus that Daleks are white.  
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
I think the Doctor, as a whole, is blue-green. in general, his whole mission is to put things the way they're supposed to be. he uses all sorts of clever, inventive techniqus, but in the end he's maintaining the natural order against those who'd seek to upset it.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

I think the Doctor, as a whole, is blue-green. in general, his whole mission is to put things the way they're supposed to be. he uses all sorts of clever, inventive techniqus, but in the end he's maintaining the natural order against those who'd seek to upset it.

This. As a whole :UM::GM:. However, each version has it's own hint of personality. It wouldn't vary by much, but enough I think...
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
You know, I could just make him Black/Blue/Red/Green/White. That would solve it all. ;)
You know, I could just make him Black/Blue/Red/Green/White. That would solve it all. ;)

Well, yes, that's true, to the extent that most any complex character (let alone one with decades of development behind him) will have some aspects of all five colors in eir personality.  But that's boring, so we debate which color or colors most fit the Doctor.

I am on the side at the moment.  Some Doctors feel quite as well (thinking Ninth here) I suppose.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

I feel the tenth has a strong Red element (maybe not as strong as Eccleston). I don't really see the green at all; his actions are usually done more out of vengeance/fear/anger/sorrow than out of "returning to the natural order of things". In fact he frequently changes the natural order of things because he doesn't like it.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
The Tenth doctor I would say is definitely blue/green. I agree with Red/Blue for Nine. It's an interesting mix. I think white could get splashed in there somewhere.
I feel Eccleston would have more black. He seemed to be more moody and about vengeance.
Tennant would have either red or black (leaning towards red). He was fairly glum especially after his first season, the final few episodes really showed his desperation (what I would consider his black side umm... the Waters from Mars one especially).
Smith would definately have red. He is all over the place, but fierce in his devotion (if that's the right word) towards the Ponds.

All this in addition to blue green
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Psuedo-rant:

One thing I dislike about Ravnica is how they always scapegoat certain guilds (in particular Rakdos).
It bugs me because, realistically, how can a guild as unreliable, destructive, and insane as the rakdos even exist given boros and azorius exist?
It's because there is a good to being rakdos (and every guild), just as there is a bad to every guild (even you selesnya). If there weren't any good coming from rakdos or gruul, they would've been exterminated from ravnica.

+1. Whenever they need something bad to happen, they just involve the Rakdos somehow. Case in point, the last uncharted realms.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

I'd say he's white/blue.

(Yeah, the new art does nothing for this. Just as it doesn't capture the whole "calm fury" thing with Koth.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Conversation needs more 11. 

/year-old Whovian
Sign In to post comments