What's Vulnerable? When do Skill dice recharge?

Hey, all,

I've been using the search feature in Adobe, and I can't find anything...

Vulnerable is thrown around (like Touch of Stone for the Monk), but I don't see that as a defined keyword... what does vulnerable mean?  Extra 5 damage?  Double damage?

Also, there seems to be no mention as to when skill dice recharge... beginning of each turn?   
Salla, on minions: I typically use them as encounter filler. 'I didn't quite fill out the XP budget, not enough room left for a decent near-level monster ... sprinkle in a few minions'. Kind of like monster styrofoam packing peanuts.
Vulnerable is double damage.
Now I don't know about the skill dice. This is an interesting question.
Double.

It doesn't recharge. It's always availible, unless your using a specific rogue trick.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

It doesn't recharge. It's always availible, unless your using a specific rogue trick.

Source in playtest document?  Or was it in one of the D&D tweets or something?

I take it "resistant" means half damage, then? 
Salla, on minions: I typically use them as encounter filler. 'I didn't quite fill out the XP budget, not enough room left for a decent near-level monster ... sprinkle in a few minions'. Kind of like monster styrofoam packing peanuts.

Page 1 of Backgrounds and Skills.

Page 1 of Backgrounds and Skills.

Okay, I re-read that page, and here is the question that made me ask my question.

Say that the party rogue is working the crowd for a noble's party, and uses the Detect Noise skill trick to listen in on something... when is the next time he can use his skill die?  

Because, honestly, I'm reading this, and I could interpret what I'm reading as "it's expended, and there is no rule that says when you get it back again."

Another example:  Say that the rouge is Sneaking behind a bad guy on his turn, and used his Skill Die to make sure he wouldn't be detected... but on the same turn, he gets close enough to hear noises from the room next to him.  Can he use his skill die again for Detect Noise on this turn?  Or does he have to wait for his next turn?
Apparently, it's not expended.
Okay, I re-read that page, and here is the question that made me ask my question.

Say that the party rogue is working the crowd for a noble's party, and uses the Detect Noise skill trick to listen in on something... when is the next time he can use his skill die?  

Because, honestly, I'm reading this, and I could interpret what I'm reading as "it's expended, and there is no rule that says when you get it back again."

Another example:  Say that the rouge is Sneaking behind a bad guy on his turn, and used his Skill Die to make sure he wouldn't be detected... but on the same turn, he gets close enough to hear noises from the room next to him.  Can he use his skill die again for Detect Noise on this turn?  Or does he have to wait for his next turn?

If I'm interpreting things correctly, the only time when you DON'T have it is on the one specific check you used the skill trick on. "When you spend your skill die to use such an ability and that ability involves a check, you cannot add the skill die to the check, unless the ability says otherwise. In other words, you can either spend a skill die or roll it for a particular task; you cannot do both."

So for your first example, the rogue can not use his skill die on the listen check made with Detect Noise. But, if he was balancing on tight rope at the same time, he COULD use if for that check, even on the same turn, with no problems. You only "lose" your skill die within the scope of that specific Listen check.

Second example, yes he could. Different skill check, different way the skill die interacts with that check.
A Skill Die is usable 1/check Wink

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter