MtG Books

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Might have already gotten answered, but does WotC have any dates on new books in the pipeline, or any new releases lately? Most recent book I know of is the Mirrodin block book.

(at)MrEnglish22

The most recent book is actually The Secretist (Yes, Keeper, the name is stupid), which is an ebook available on various platforms as long as you live in the right part of the world and have access to a credit card (Yes, I'm still angry about this). It deals with Jace on Ravnica during the current events of Return to Ravnica (as far as I can tell) and is written by Creative's very own Doug Beyer.

If I'm not mistaken, other ebooks are planned about Ravnica (although I could very well be mistaken, so don't take this as evidence), but apart from that we don't really know.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

So are they going back to the 3-book-per-block model? Because the ZEN block and SOM block books were rubbish.

(at)MrEnglish22

They're testing the waters with e-books. If they sell well then they will probably continue. People do need to support it or we'll lose this as well.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

Yxoque, any word on whether Europeans have access to the book yet?

Note that this is kind of three books but also kinda one book, since it's only about 90 or so pages. It's still worth it though if you're comparing cost to page count between the e-books and the print novels.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Yxoque, any word on whether Europeans have access to the book yet?

I did a quick check, and it seems not. Amazon is out, because you need a US credit-card (and I tried Amazon.fr, but I'd still need a credit card). Barnes and Nobles I can't check, because you need a credit card to continue (which I don't have) and Google Play doesn't offer books in Belgium yet. Maybe I should try Google Play with a proxy-address.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.