G/B Necrotic ooze

1 post / 0 new

I have been thinking about the deck I want to build around Necrotic Ooze and I have reshaped it to look like this:

Creatures [32]
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Elvish Harbinger
4 Fauna Shaman
4 Devoted Druid
4 Necrotic Ooze
4 Thornling
4 Quillspike
1 Morselhoarder
1 Grim Poppet
1 Cinderhaze Wretch
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Spells [8]
2 Profane Command
2 Primal Command
4 Duress

Lands [20]
5 Forest
2 Swamp
4 Gilt-Leaf Palace
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Treetop Village
1 Yavimaya Hollow

Sideboard [15]
3 Mercy Killing
3 Acidic Slime
3 Back to Nature
2 Profane Command
2 Primal Command
1 Wickerbough Elder
1 Creakwood Liege

The objective is to have multiple win conditions, so that if one fails, I will be able to follow another path, so I made the deck to have tho following interactions/combos:

Devoted Druid + Morselhoarder in the graveyard + Necrotic Ooze in play = infinite mana -> Emrakul, the Aeons Torn or Profane Command (drain life)

Grim Poppet + Devoted Druid in the graveyard + Necrotic Ooze in play = clean battlefield + mana

Cinderhaze Wretch + Quillspike in play = mill the opponent

Cinderhaze Wretch + Grim Poppet in the graveyard + Necrotic Ooze in play = mill + clean battlefield

Quillspike + Devoted Druid in play = infinity powerful creature

Quillspike + Devoted Druid + Thornling in the graveyard + Necrotic Ooze in play = infinity powerful indestructible creature with trample

Mana Ramp (Birds of Paradise, Devoted Druid, Elvish Harbinger) -> early Thornling

The deck also has several support cards:

Deck manipulation: Elvish Harbinger to search for Fauna Shaman and Devoted Druid; Fauna Shaman to discard creatures needed in the graveyard and to search for missing pieces of the combos.

Protection: Duress can be used before key plays to avoid any unpleasant surprise.

General support: Profane Command and Primal Command are cards that can protect my game strategy or to disrupt my opponent strategy (life gain, life drain, searching for creature cards, bringing creatures from the graveyard, putting permanents in the top of the library, shuffling the graveyard into the library or destroying creatures, giving fear to creatures).

The side deck has some cards to deal with enchantments and artifacts like Pacifism and Oblivion Ring: Acidic Slime, Back to Nature; Mercy Killing to deal with removal, especially removal spells that exile creatures, since some creature are better in the graveyard than in exile and others like Necrotic Ooze can be brought back by Profane Command; extra copies of Profane Command and Primal Command Creakwood Liege can be used to pump up creatures and to gain additional additional numerical advantage; Wickerbough Elder can be used with Devoted Druid in the graveyard and Necrotic Ooze in play to clean up enchantments and artifacts.

The decks seems nice, although I'm not sure if Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and Wickerbough Elder should be replaced.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding this deck.