Footwork Lure

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This has probably been answered before but I could not find it.
How does Footwork lure using a reach weapon work? I can hit 2 squares away but can I still use the slide if the don't end next to me ? (or am I forced to shift toward them then slide them adjacent ?) Also if they need to end next to me can I still use the slide to qualify for making them prone with flail expertese or no since the slide will not happen as they can not end adjacent?.

Another quick question - Cleave - does the second part (strength damage to adjacent) cause a mark ? or does it not qualify as an attack ?

Footwork Lure

You press the attack, engaging your enemy before falling back and drawing him after you.

At-Will        Martial, Weapon
Standard Action      Melee weapon

Target: One creature

Attack: Strength vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage. You can shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you left.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.

Update (11/23/2009)
On the Hit line, add “1 square” between “target” and “into.”

Addition (2/26/2009)
Below the Hit line, add “Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.”

Published in Martial Power, page(s) 7.

1: Unless you can slide an additional square with FL (due to any of half a dozen slide-boosting items/feats such as Staggering Weapon), the slide fails if you can't slide the target 1 square into the square you occupied.

2: No, the autodamage on Cleave doesn't mark.  If you want to get the best out of Cleave, take Deft Hurler Style.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
1: Unless you can slide an additional square with FL (due to any of half a dozen slide-boosting items/feats such as Staggering Weapon), the slide fails if you can't slide the target 1 square into the square you occupied.

2: No, the autodamage on Cleave doesn't mark unless you take Impending Doom Style.  If you want to get the best out of Cleave, take Deft Hurler Style.

Fixed.
Which one's Impending Doom Style?  Deft Hurler's the 'make a non-provoking RBA' one, which is awesome.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
....uh

The one that makes Cleave mark...?
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
If you deal damage to the target with cleave, you mark it.
Ah righto.

I don't know my style feats very well.
Sign In to post comments