GTC - Guild Promo Card Questions

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
  Hey all I am just wondering if we know which cards are going to be the Guild Promo cards yet for the pre release?

Without looking at them ahead of time and just with the cards I have seen released so far I am leaning towards Boros or perhaps Dimir which I would rather but to win looks like Boros is better for sealed.
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

Thank you very much for the link.  Everytime I look over articles I seem to miss what I actually would be interested in and find nothing but the long borring stories.

Well with those choices I think my Boros choice is out.

It's down to Orzhov or Dimir I think now.  It's going to be a bit tough to choose between them as I will most likely end up playing both in my deck as I love the Dimir Mill engine but I love the fact that the Thrull has the grave renewal.

Right now leaning toward Dimir which is kind of odd as I played Selesnya in RTR and that is the guild I usually like.

www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

Thank you very much for the link.  Everytime I look over articles I seem to miss what I actually would be interested in and find nothing but the long borring stories.

Well with those choices I think my Boros choice is out.

It's down to Orzhov or Dimir I think now.  It's going to be a bit tough to choose between them as I will most likely end up playing both in my deck as I love the Dimir Mill engine but I love the fact that the Thrull has the grave renewal.

Right now leaning toward Dimir which is kind of odd as I played Selesnya in RTR and that is the guild I usually like.

i suggest you dont choose what guild your going based on promos alone...you need to know the guild's strategy and gameplay

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
dimir strategy in limit IS mill. From what is revealed there's not near enough removals or evasion for cipher to work its best, and with Boros and Gruul, the game will go way too fast for control. But being blue and black means you'll have JUST enough control to stall into a burst mill or for your guildmage to bleed them out. Of course, this will pretty much on uncommons, but it will come down to either unblockable/control or stall/mill. That being said, you're probably almost always will splash black extort cards to ensure you have enough life to endure the Boros/Gruul onslaught.

Look at Rakdos, and look at Selesnya. The reason why they work so well is because they have really good commons and uncommons to support one or two rares.

i suggest you dont choose what guild your going based on promos alone...you need to know the guild's strategy and gameplay

I like to choose based on the card itself since I no longer play regularly.  I just keep a hand in ounce a while with sealed and/or a draft every few months now lol.

I am going to choose Orzhov for the Promo, and will try to play, if pool supports it, Orzhov/Boros or Boros/Gruul.  Will probably NOT play Dimir sadly as it's just a bit to slow unless I get unbelievably good cards for it.