Character Creation: Starting at 8th level

Hey, guys,

Sorry my search-fu is weak, and I can't figure out where it is in the playtest packets...

Next week, my group is going to play a playtest session, and we want to start at 8th level.

However, I can't find rules anywhere for "how much money you have when starting at higher level".

Is there anything that anybody knows of?  If so, where? 
Salla, on minions: I typically use them as encounter filler. 'I didn't quite fill out the XP budget, not enough room left for a decent near-level monster ... sprinkle in a few minions'. Kind of like monster styrofoam packing peanuts.
I don't think there's a rule for it yet. Wealth is less important in Next, since magic items are no longer figured into the game's math (that's the idea, at least). So it's not like in 4E where you need to start with X amount of magic items and gold in order to be effective. My quick-and-dirty houserule would be to just multiply starting gold by level, just because you'd expect higher-level characters to have amassed some gold at that point, but there's no mechanic for how much they "should" have yet.
I don't think there's a rule for it yet. Wealth is less important in Next, since magic items are no longer figured into the game's math (that's the idea, at least). So it's not like in 4E where you need to start with X amount of magic items and gold in order to be effective. My quick-and-dirty houserule would be to just multiply starting gold by level, just because you'd expect higher-level characters to have amassed some gold at that point, but there's no mechanic for how much they "should" have yet.

Okay, that works for me.  I wanted to run them through a one-shot where they've been adventuring for a while as part of the backstory, and I couldn't really think of a reason why level 8 characters have the same wealth as a level 1 group.
Salla, on minions: I typically use them as encounter filler. 'I didn't quite fill out the XP budget, not enough room left for a decent near-level monster ... sprinkle in a few minions'. Kind of like monster styrofoam packing peanuts.
Hey, guys,

Sorry my search-fu is weak, and I can't figure out where it is in the playtest packets...

Next week, my group is going to play a playtest session, and we want to start at 8th level.

However, I can't find rules anywhere for "how much money you have when starting at higher level".

Is there anything that anybody knows of?  If so, where? 

No, rule that I know of.  I would use the treasure tables, and just act as if they had x number of encounters to get to level 8.

It suggests 12.5 gp per charachter per encounter.
Average 5 enounters per level and you basically have a starting wealth of 500 gold.
I'd then add some amount for what level armor you expect them to have, so make it about 1,000 gold.

It is actually a suggestion of "12.5 gp per character per level for an average encounter," which means the following amounts of gold "average" for each level above 1st:

2nd: 112.5
3rd: 412.5
4th: 862.5
5th: 1,462.5
6th: 2,275
7th: 3,175
8th: 4,225
9th: 5,425
10th: 6,775
11th: 8,275
12th: 9,375
13th: 10,425
14th: 11,725

Of course, all of the above assume only facing average encounters and using the XP thresholds for each level found in the character creation document... which stagger a bit oddly so that it takes the following numbers of average encounters to reach the next level:

1st: 9 encounters
2nd, 3rd, and 4th: 12 encounters
5th: 13 encounters
6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th: 12 encounters
11th: 8 encounters
12th: 7 encounters
13th: 8 encounters

ATTENTION:  If while reading my post you find yourself thinking "Either this guy is being sarcastic, or he is an idiot," do please assume that I am an idiot. It makes reading your replies more entertaining. If, however, you find yourself hoping that I am not being even remotely serious then you are very likely correct as I find irreverence and being ridiculous to be relaxing.