I really need to thank you, Wizards_Sean

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I haven't been here in a really long time. Recently I found out that the fourth DLC had just launched for M2013, and today I decided to blind buy them all. That is, until just a few moments ago, I had no idea what was in any of them.

Now here's the good part. About six months ago, in a thread for future content wants, Steveolutionary posted the following suggestion for a U/G deck.

104117348 wrote:
Would love a deck that was quite different from last year's deck, and included such crazy and colourful snakey cards such as..

Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
Seshiro the Anointed
Patron of the Orochi
Mystic Snake
Snakeform
Coiling Oracle
Winged Coatl
Lorescale Coatl
Ambush Viper
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Sakura-Tribe Scout
Seed the Land
Sosuke's Summons
Tangle Asp
Patagia Viper
Ophidian

Not sure where the finishers would be, but this is a solid base I think to build on.

To which I replied:

121519241 wrote:
Holy crap, that deck looks awesome. Not only that, but my best friend is terrified of snakes. I want it so bad.

For those of you who don't have Sky and Scale, it's loaded to the teeth with snakes.

Even better?

I just convinced that friend a week or two ago to purchase the game.

So now when we're playing, and I'm throwing down all those Lorescale Coatls and Winged Coatls and turning him into a snake, and he asks me, "What sort of godless monster would do something like this?" I'm going to answer him very matter-of-factly with "I know people at WotC. This is revenge for making fun of me for being color blind."

And I have you to thank for that, Wizards_Sean, you glorious, awesome friend, you.
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)
10/10 would read again
I third thank.
Sean, it's been great having an ear of WOC who get's stuff done, and looks like has fun doing it.
Can't tell you how happy I was when WOC listened and PS3 users had unlock available right there, right then.
That's just one thank you.

If Fastbond (one of my faves) could get in next years game "if there is one", I wouldn't know what to say.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Well, as long as you're okay with eating a lot of losses with the pretty bad Sky and Scale I guess.
Well, as long as you're okay with eating a lot of losses with the pretty bad Sky and Scale I guess.

Pfft, the second I flash in a Winged Coatl he's going to concede.
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)

It just needed promos to be awesome.
With the exception of Mana Mastery (which doesn't need help to be honest) all the deck pack decks could have been as good as the others.
Mana Mastery... I don't know what you add to the deck that has everything without making it too good. Just more Mythics I guess.

One of each Titan (save for Frost) and... I dunno, 6x more cards. Yeah, that's it. :P
In order to completely break it?

Maelstrom Wanderer
Hellkite Overlord
Sen Triplets
Thraximundar
The Mimeoplasm
Animar, Soul of Elements
Karador, Ghost Chieftain
Damia, Sage of Stone
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls
Sedris, the Traitor King

Haven't we been through this already.
This is a Thank You thread.
Take your deck suggestions where they belong Sir.

Edit:

;)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Haven't we been through this already.
This is a Thank You thread.
Take your deck suggestions where they belong Sir.

Splattercat started it!!!

But yeah, I don't think they followed my suggestions really - there's only a few thematic archetypes (rather than tricky mechanics based archetypes) you can pull per dual colour combination. Snakes are one creature type that covers Blue and Green, and as they normally need a charasmatic legend to lead the deck, Mormir Vig is one of only two left, especially as we had Edric, Spymaster of Trest last year. Experiment Kraj, the only other legend, is a bit unweildy to put in DOTP with the way creature abilities are activated on the card and having to scroll down with multiple abilities.

I just got lucky with my prediction. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if most of the decks are built months in advance. 2014's are in all probability already built.

I as well. When speculation was circulating around what the Guild Decks would be like, I predicted that it would be "something with lots of creatures that benefit from Murkfiend Liege and spell tricks.
The exmaples I listed were virtually all included in the deck with the notable exception of Temporal Spring.

Show

I as well. When speculation was circulating around what the Guild Decks would be like, I predicted that it would be "something with lots of creatures that benefit from Murkfiend Liege and spell tricks.
The exmaples I listed were virtually all included in the deck with the notable exception of Temporal Spring.

Incidentally I occasionally get recognised from my posts while playing DOTP, but I got a message from someone a few days back on XBLA giving me a thank you for my 2HG strategies and saying how he found mine, Robvalue's and your posts especially informative and worthwhile.

I was outraged! Me and Splattercat agree on nothing!

Ken Troop also namedropped us in the same sentence (along with a handful of others).

Also... "Splattercat and I agree on nothing".
Ken Troop also namedropped us in the same sentence (along with a handful of others).

Also... "Splattercat and I agree on nothing".

Who is Ken Troop?

Also, I'm from the North of England. "Me" is an informal way of saying "Myself", so I'm grammatically correct (within my geographical context), thank you.

One of the head designers. He mentioned us in response to the Q/A wherein I asked about the Promo unlocks.
I'd go find it, but ... not gonna.

And I'm not saying your grammar is incorrect. Just that mine's different.
And also it was a surefire way for us to disagree. ;)
Still not seeing any thanks to Sean from you guys.

Show

Thanks Sean for catching up the release date of the Deck keys/Foils with the release of the decks themselves.
I'm fairly certain it was a "call out" thread that kinda made that one happen and I celebrated by unlocking Dimir the lazy way and foiling Mana Mastery out of spite.
yes thank you sean/wizards  mana mastery  is my favoryte deck of the whole 2013 game    so you can imagine how happy im for this new deck pack 3  and the blue/black is well done    ...

deck pack 3 is a 5 out of 5  

deck pack 1&2 were 2.5 out of 5  

thankx wizards sean 
and the blue/black is well done    ...

IMAGE(http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/Splattercat/lolwut.jpg)

I'm sorry.... That deck is NOT "well done".
It's bad at everything and are good at save for Draw and discard which are entirely creature-based in a removal-heavy format.
It's actually 2013's worst deck easily.

Sean!  Sean!  We love you Sean!

This is where a picture of a concert girl lifting her shirt would go were it not against forum rules 
and the blue/black is well done    ...

I'm sorry.... That deck is NOT "well done".
It's bad at everything and are good at save for Draw and discard which are entirely creature-based in a removal-heavy format.
It's actually 2013's worst deck easily.

Which makes me sad, because  and are my two favorite types of magic. Frown
Bump.
I see Sean is on.

Show

Bump. I see Sean is on.

I'M ALWAYS ON.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

You know, I'm fairly confident he gets an alert every time someone types Wizards_Sean on these boards.

The same way that whenever someone says the word/s "mod", "mods", "moderate", "moderator" or "moderation", an assassin ORC is sent out to frag your post.

Quick, duck!

Show

You know, I'm fairly confident he gets an alert every time someone types Wizards_Sean on these boards.

The same way that whenever someone says the word/s "mod", "mods", "moderate", "moderator" or "moderation", an assassin ORC is sent out to frag your post.

"Splattercat" is also on the list. I just don't know how you've managed to evade them for so long.

Thanks for the thanks all, though I've got to admit to DistilledPoison that it's Ken Troop and Max McCall you should be thanking for the R&D work that went in to making Sky & Scale possible. Those unfamiliar with Ken and Max should check out the Q&A they did on Raptr on Duels 2013 (or for a more organized collection by tactfulgamer, see this thread). It gives quite a bit of insight into the level of effort and thought put into developing Duels decks.

Sean Gibbons

"Splattercat" is also on the list. I just don't know how you've managed to evade them for so long.

Oh, it's not evasion, it's survival, believe me. I've been caught on the business end of the Mod-Hammer numerous times.

I have witnesses.

Oh, it's not evasion, it's survival, believe me. I've been caught on the business end of the Mod-Hammer numerous times.

I have witnesses.

I really have no idea why you get mugged by Orcs so much. You're not a disruptive poster at all especially compared to some people here whose every post is trollish yet never seem to get much in the way of sanctions.

Dunno.
Hasn't happened in a long while at least.

I have witnesses.

I really have no idea why you get mugged by Orcs so much. You're not a disruptive poster at all especially compared to some people here whose every post is trollish yet never seem to get much in the way of sanctions.

Dunno.

I thought you were supposed to disagree with Stevo, Splatter... It's tradition after all

I just erupted my quiet work lobby with laughter after reading the mod part. lmao
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

I have witnesses.

Dunno.

I thought you were supposed to disagree with Stevo, Splatter... It's tradition after all

Haha. Zing!

I have witnesses.

And on one occasion, over something I said.

To any mods reading this, the statute of limitations has passed, you can't retroactively ban me. Fair's fair, after all.

I have witnesses.

And on one occasion, over something I said. To any mods reading this, the statute of limitations has passed, you can't retroactively ban me. Fair's fair, after all.

Actually, they can ban both of us right now for the crime of "discussing moderation".

It's not specified that we have to be talking about something that has been moderated, just talking about the concept of moderation could possibly be a bannable offense.

I got banned for predicting mod intervention, so it's not like they lack a precedent to boot us both out fo the rest of the day.

By the way, has anyone here ever juggled chainsaws before? I haven't but somehow this conversation is giving me an idea of what that must be like.
By the way, has anyone here ever juggled chainsaws before? I haven't but somehow this conversation is giving me an idea of what that must be like.

I have a few times, but I could only juggle four at a time, and only three of them were running. :P
Funny story.

Someone made a thread.
Had an image with very obvious questionable content (a person's immature, angry and vulgar response to a loss) which was obviously removed.

And my only response was the only post removed.

Hi-LAR-ious.

EDIT: Oh wait, there were other posts removed. I don't feel so... out of place now.
Funny story.

Someone made a thread.
Had an image with very obvious questionable content (a person's immature, angry and vulgar response to a loss) which was obviously removed.

Hi-LAR-ious.

EDIT: Oh wait, there were other posts removed. I don't feel so... out of place now.

The photo was removed also. I still remember the gamer tag though.
Knowledge is power!!

Show

Funny story.

Someone made a thread.

Hi-LAR-ious.

Knowledge is power!!

The photo was no doubt the primary reason the ORC took action seeing how it was no where near being in, orbiting, or within visual range of the CoC nebula. It's possible that any conversation referencing either the photo or the user was also removed simply for good measure, and wasn't meant to cause any offense (actually, just the opposite).

I don't want to turn this thread into a thread that just talks about the other thread, so please return to the amazingly excellent... excellent topic that started the discussion: thanking Wizards_Sean for things.

Sean Gibbons

I'll thank everyone here! the dudes that made the game and a few posters i've actually learned some stuff from. splattercat and brodo stick out to me but there are others!

gg mang gg
Funny story.

Someone made a thread.

Hi-LAR-ious.

Knowledge is power!!

The photo was no doubt the primary reason the ORC took action seeing how it was no where near being in, orbiting, or within visual range of the CoC nebula. It's possible that any conversation referencing either the photo or the user was also removed simply for good measure, and wasn't meant to cause any offense (actually, just the opposite).

I don't want to turn this thread into a thread that just talks about the other thread, so please return to the amazingly excellent... excellent topic that started the discussion: thanking Wizards_Sean for things.

Oh I knew the pic was going to be removed. I was betting on the thread being locked as soon as I read the OP actually.
As for the comments regarding the user; Meh. Worthless trash is worthless trash. I wish it were that easy to remove them from things other than threads...

One thing I do have to thank Wizards_Sean for though (if I haven't already, I don't feel like checking) is the implentation of commensurate deck/unlock key release. That was awesomesauce and saved me from the horrible pains of unlocking Rogue's Gallery the hard way.
It makes me feel all ... whatever people are supposed to feel after feeling as though they contributed to something ...

Anyway, it was cool to see that it happened. So thanks for that.