Good 2hg pairings?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
A friend and I both got this game and will probably play regularly during our lunch breaks. After a few games, we thought it'd be good to find decks that synergize well with each other for the 2hg mode. Would anyone have any recommendations?
Better have a long lunch break.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

The games we play have been relatively short. We can squeeze a couple games an hour. We've played 4 games and are 2-2 for wins-losses for 2hg. Now...was that an irrelevant quip our direction or were you talking about Deck 1 named Better Have and Deck 2 named A Long Lunch Break? ;)

Go back and scan forum pages. The search feature is crap here.
There's a couple of really good 2hg deck discussion pages.
Ignore Epic Hero's.
Make sure you check out the one killabkilldb started.
Feel free to post in them and bump them back up in the threads.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Mana Mastery and ________
When dj_btrue enters the forum exile all bad attitudes.

Probably Talrand.

Mill kills it, and Talrand can Time Reverse. He also has the alternate condition that MM can help support with all the removal. Will be a compelling matchup, although the mirror match should be decided by who goes first. If you can Vindicate a key land or Mana Leak some ramp, you should win.

I actually meant Mana Mastery and ANY OTHER DECK Wink
When dj_btrue enters the forum exile all bad attitudes.

BoF

MM takes care of all threats while BoF burns to the face.  BoF plays something and needs it back?  MM Charms it back to their hand.  BoF can't finish it, MM Lavalanches or Prophetic Bolts for the final few life points.  Still can't finish it?  MM drops huge creatures, then removes blockers, along with BoF if needed, and swings for the win.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Cross Winds and ________

Fixed it for you :P The deck just works as a neutral for all the decks but has some nice combos going like with Mindstorm and Ancient Wilds.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Jace and Ajani were once the most annoying pair you could face in 2HG. Things have changed quite a bit now
The only thing that changed is that Ajani is not annoying and broken anymore where Jace is still the same nuisance where you can do very little against spellwise.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Ignore Epic Hero's.

That is cold, for one I never listed my pairing and two I bet you never even try any of the deck build and are judging it just by what it looks like, which we all should know means nothing.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

Ignore Epic Hero's.

That is cold, for one I never listed my pairing and two I bet you never even try any of the deck build and are judging it just by what it looks like, which we all should know means nothing.

Listen, I really didn't mean offense. This is a new guy so I sent him where he could find a crapload of information.
Your builds are advanced and I wonder if a newer person looking for combos could run them without some practice in more straightforward builds.

Show

Listen, I really didn't mean offense. This is a new guy so I sent him where he could find a crapload of information.
Your builds are advanced and I wonder if a newer person looking for combos could run them without some practice in more straightforward builds.

I'll be cold.

No offence intended jpop, but I don't agree your builds are advanced, and I don't agree he's getting great advice there. I like to think I play 2HG at a pretty high level, and some of your builds contain some bizarre exclusions, and not in a good way.

Come on. I was trying to be nice. Maybe I should have put quotes around "advanced".
I appreciate his input even though I also don't think these cuts are the best.

Show

Come on. I was trying to be nice. Maybe I should have put quotes around "advanced".
I appreciate his input even though I also don't think these cuts are the best.

I do see jpop has edited his decks though and fixed some of the more questionable choices such as removing the Panoptic Mirror and including the Skywinder Drakes in Talrand's build. But that's down to feedback from others, not him, and there's no indication of partner decks either.

In 2HG, every deck should be slightly different depending on its partner. There are no universal builds. jpop neither lists combos, partners nor talks strategies in that topic, so it isn't the best place for a newcomer to look for advice.

Yea I would agree that some of my build may be odd but that is why I love them so much. Odd does not mean bad, odd does give me wins no matter how you think the deck will preform. Like I said you can not just look at the builds and tell if it is good you need to use it. Most like to comment without even trying and that is why they cant see the good.

As for the Crosswinds build, yes it was a build just made for me. I made that build to make it harder on myself, as I said before, as this deck can be a easy win otherwise. It is now more inline with a proper build as the new deck are out and I need to get a better understanding of them without putting more stress on myself.

It is true I do not provide pairing or stats so if you are looking for that info you will not find it there.  I am more then happy to offer anyone help on anything 2hg as that is the format I play. I do provide deck builds that work. I dare anyone to use my builds and see fore yourself. I bet you will be surprised.

Like I said I win most of my games with these builds. Let just say I play ALOT of Duels (image below) and if you need help with something just let me know. You can ask about my build and anything else in this thread: EpicHeroes's 2HG Deck Builds or on Xbox: Red Yeti King

IMAGE(http://www.mediafire.com/conv/041eeda2440e694df59cbd062b92ebee3153102326fedb37c8038903f9d0b8e74g.jpg)

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)