Sorcerers through and through?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, I was looking through all character books for 4e that I have for epic feats(planning out my character's future), and I came across some sorcerer at-wills in Heroes of Elemental Chaos. That got me to wondering something. My sorcerer is human, which means he gets a 3rd at-will from his class.

But, does that mean ANY Sorcerer at-will?
Any Level 1 at-will sorcerer attack power, yes.
What's key about that, is many of the at-wills the elementalist have are /not/ level 1 atttack powers; they have no level at all.  You can't select them.
Undecided I figured. Thank you both anyway
my usual character is a sorc.  I feel your pain.
All that said, there's nothing particularly unbalancing about the new Sorcerer powers in HotEC so frankly... just houserule it like we do.
As a note, you most likely don't want a sorcerer at-will if you are a sorcerer.  What you want is to take Heroic Effort instead.

In the case where you are a Sorcerer(Elementalist) instead of a normal Sorcerer the extra at-will can be useful for some tricks but it is often still better to have Heroic Effort for your turn where you escalate.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
My sorcerer is a dragon magic sorcerer. And I did not know of that human power, thanx .