Jayce, Architect of Thought

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I pulled a Jace, Architect of Thought in a draft a while back and wanted to sell him, but didn't. Anyways, my friend gave me a holiday box and I pulled him a second time!

I'm thinking about getting two more and making a deck around him, izzet, and Worldfire. Do you have any suggestions on what to do or what kind of deck to build?
try in Standard Deck Help below
or maybe Cards and Combos
proud member of the 2011 community team
Your best bet at Worldfire in standard is probably with Epic Experiment, which will allow you to a burn spell, then cast Worldfire on top of it.
you need Hypersonic Dragon for that

I'd go for ramp into Omniscience
or instead of ramp try and protect Jace so he can ultimate into Omniscience
Worldfire while you have either a Thragtusk or an Oblivion Ring exiling one of your creatures is pretty much an instant win.

My personal favorite combo is using a burn spell like Flame Jab with Spellweaver Helix in order to cast it cheaply and get your win in at the same time. 
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
you need Hypersonic Dragon for that

No, you're casting them as part of resolving Epic Experiment. From it's rulings:

"You cast the cards one at a time, choosing modes, targets, and so on. The last card you cast will be the first one to resolve."
"When casting an instant or sorcery card this way, ignore timing restrictions based on the card’s type. Other timing restrictions, such as “Cast [this card] only during combat,” must be followed."

My personal favorite combo is using a burn spell like Flame Jab with Spellweaver Helix in order to cast it cheaply and get your win in at the same time.

If you're looking into older formats, I suggest this. I love the deck.
I would think you could do worldfire with Jace's ultimate.  You just stack it so whatever creature or burn spell you pulled from their deck resolves after world fire clears everything and sets them to 1 life.
ah, you meant such a big Epic Experiment, that'll work
Moving to Casual Decks.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert