Level 6 character for a lair assault rules.

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
I will be playing a one shot next week and am looking for advice to tweak this build for the fight. The DM encourages any cheese I can offer as long as it's RAW.

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Ghost, level 6
Revenant, Fighter/Warlock
Eldritch Pact (Hybrid) Option: Infernal Pact (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlock Option: Hybrid Warlock Will
Hybrid Talent Option: Shadow Walk
Eldritch Strike Option: Eldritch Strike Constitution
Choose your Race in Life: Elf
Inherent Bonuses
Silent Hunter (Silent Hunter Benefit)
Theme: Moteborn

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 18, DEX 18, INT 10, WIS 15, CHA 9

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 15, DEX 15, INT 10, WIS 15, CHA 9

AC: 20 Fort: 19 Ref: 18 Will: 19
HP: 56 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 14

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +14, Perception +11, Stealth +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Arcana +5, Athletics +3, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +5, Heal +5, History +3, Insight +5, Intimidate +4, Nature +5, Religion +3, Streetwise +2, Thievery +7

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Moteborn Attack: Summon Flame Zephyr
Revenant Utility: Dark Reaping
Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge
Warlock's Curse Power: Warlock's Curse
Fighter Attack 1: looking for ideas though I don't plan to use it.
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Strike
Warlock Attack 1: Arms of Hadar
Warlock Attack 1: Armor of Agathys
Warlock Utility 2: Charm of Hearts
Fighter Attack 3: Shield Edge Block
Fighter Attack 5: Rain of Steel
Endurance Utility 6: Third Wind

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Dusk Elf Stealth
Level 4: Gathering Night
Level 6: Superior Will

ITEMS
Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness (heroic tier) x1
Syllable of Strength
Leather Armor x1
Light Shield
Adventurer's Kit
Climber's Kit
Thieves' Tools
Footpads
Camouflaged Clothing
Shroud of Protection
Syllable of Life
Defensive warhammer +2
====== End ======

Plan is to do the following.

Pre combat consume both syllables.

Turn 1:
move 3 to trigger shadow walk, then Total defense turning invisible and granting me an additional +4 to all defenses.
Activate Armor of Agathys. 
Damage starting next to me is 1d6 +10

Turn 2: Activate rain of steel, Move, Total defense.
Damage starting next to me is 1d6 +1d10 + 18

Turn 3: activate Charm of hearts for a total of +6 to all defenses, Move, Total Defense.

Each turn I will attempt stealth to until the enemy loses track of me and has to guess my location to attack.

Thanks for your help! 
How do you speak Abyssal/Supernal? (requirements for the Syllables)
More importantly, how are you using level 10 and 13 consumables in a level 6 LA?  The LA rules say the consumables need to be equal to or less than the challenge's level.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
I speak abyssal through Moteborn theme.

I will double check the consumables with my dm he didn't put a level limit in but that may have been oversight. 
So yeah we missed the part on level limit to consumeables so that leaves my theme open and 850gp to spend. I will probably get some heal potions to bring me up from below 0hp. any other suggestions as I am losing 12 damage per round I need to find a way to add to that.
Using your standard action to attack instead of total defense is a pretty good way to add damage. Smile
Yep its also a pretty good way to get killed with this build. I just confirmed with the DM I have a level limit of 10 so damage wont be a problem, i just need to replace the regen, maybe with a potion of regeneration.
Being stealthed and not attacking is also a great way to get your party killed
So basically you are going to hide the whole time while your party gets killed?
Yep its also a pretty good way to get killed with this build. I just confirmed with the DM I have a level limit of 10 so damage wont be a problem, i just need to replace the regen, maybe with a potion of regeneration.

If you are playing LA using rules that aren't LA.  You aren't playing LA.  So you might want to add in your original post that you are playing a relaxed version of the rules for LA (which, themselves, are pretty relaxed).

And yes, you really should be attempting to be useful in addition to having high defenses. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
According to him the rules when the mod we were playing was released did not have a level limit and he is running it the same for us as it was ran for him. I am just going with what he told me.

Again if you have suggestions of what I could improve then please offer them. So far you are concerned with me picking the wrong consumeables and you have not suggested a proper replacement.

Black_knight I will not be going in with a full group and will need to survive the fight while still dealing damage hence the focus on auto damage while invisible. What would you suggest I do instead? 
For starters, something that benefits the party instead of hinders it. What do you think happens when you're invisible and your allies aren't? Correct, they will draw more fire. That means they die sooner, and then enemies are going to start looking for you (and finding you) so they can kill you too. 

Don't get me wrong, it's a clever concept, it's just not appropriate for the team game that is D&D. If you're looking to play a striker, play something that can draw some fire and preferably take care of itself as well (like a Ranger|Cleric). 
I understand your point but with the situation of the game I will be playing assume I am solo. I will not have the benefit of a party to back me up so survival became a primary focus. I previously played a perma invis character in a group and stopped for the reasons you mentioned. This will be a unique circumstance so I am looking for a different solution.
I understand your point but with the situation of the game I will be playing assume I am solo. I will not have the benefit of a party to back me up so survival became a primary focus. I previously played a perma invis character in a group and stopped for the reasons you mentioned. This will be a unique circumstance so I am looking for a different solution.

What is Pixie Thief with Gloaming Armor?