Reactionary, the Game - Episode 2: Treasures of Zendikar

496 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welcome to Reactionary!

This is a game where I put you guys through a story! This is a game more than a contest.
I will post certain requirements each "round" and you must work with that to survive this adventure.
You will work with others, and some of you may work against others. Regardless, you all have the same goals:
1) Survive
2) Stop the bad thing from happening

Rules Stuffs:

Character Creation:

For this adventure, you're character MUST be humanoid, and should be able to exist in typical conditions without much of a struggle. Your character will determine the colors of spells you will be able to cast so think carefully when you create your character. Your character CANNOT have more than 3 colors. Your character CANNOT be legendary.
You may choose to have a class. IF you do, it must be in the typeline of your submission.
These stipulations will not always be the same, and just apply for this adventure.

List of Classes:

Soldier, Warrior -
Creatures are easier to cast. You get one additional Colored mana when casting creature spells.

Wizard -
Instant/Sorcery spells are easier to cast. You get one additional Colored mana, when casting instant/sorcery spells.

Rogue -
You know tricks and traps. When in dungeons, you get better infromation than others.

Archer, Ranger -
You know the outdoors well. When outside, you get better infromation than others.

Cleric, Necromancer -
You can bring back fallen allies. You need 3CC available.

Barbarian, Berserker, Monk -
You don't die as easily in combat. The first time you die each combat, you don't instead.

Druid, Shaman, Spellshaper -
You may make off color spells. You may change one color of colored mana you have to any other color.

Undecided -
People are outgoing towards you. Friendly NPC's will reveal more information to you.



My Role:

In this adventure I will be the guide, a ranger-like position involved with the story. I can be interacted with, just like the last time. I will not LIE to you, but I won't necessarily give you all the information either. You'll have to work to get every ounce of information out of me, and even then where's the fun if I tell you everything.


Your Role:

You respond to the situation at hand. It's pretty simple. You can also choose to respond by not responding (if you want). The only rule of thumb to follow, is you have to stay in character. So if you're a goat, and some person starts handing out free ale, you're probably not going to respond, however the town drunk would probably steal it etc...

Now, the tricky part... you are all in this together. ..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true"> Your actions can, and probably will, affect others around you. So you should think carefully before you act. Also, I want to see how this works as a first come first serve basis. For example: I post a situation where a robber comes in and starts stealing from a store (with you guys being shoppers). The first person reacts and other people can react to how that person reacts (or do something completely different). So, in short, pay attention to what other people are doing as you post your responses (or lack thereof).

Also, feel free to copy and/or support other people. Like if someone is doing something that you feel is good, do something similar (in character) or even say, "copy" that spell (with a version of reverberate or something). Again, this is not only about designs, but about interaction. Feel free to make enemies and allies and such. However, try to keep actions "legal". If you kill someone, other people will take you out (obviously) so it will usually ruin the game for both of those people. Just be considerate and understand this: People should be in character at all times. These characters should have goals, preferences and everything. For example if there's a zombie sitting next to a human... well it probably won't end well (depending). For right now, I'm going to leave the rules lax and then tighten them as need be, but just be considerate to others' fun-levels.

Finally, your main goal is to survive. There will be deaths (I'm afraid), depending on your actions, or the storyline. Whichever, it is inevitable.

I am planning on this being a deadly adventure. There will be an overlying mystery, but bad things will happen. When it does, I want you to know that I'm not singling anybody out. Certain things will happen to people depending on who is first to react, who is last to react, who does a certain action etc, it could be anything. If you die, you can still choose to participate via PM or through NPC's. Depending on the need for the adventure.


Miscellaneous Rules:

For mana here's how it will work.
1) I post a situation for which you need to respond.
2) I post an amount of mana you have total.
3) I let you know how much COLORED mana is included in that total.
4) You CANNOT use more than that amount of mana unless something states otherwise.
5) Depending on situations, some characters could get more mana than others, some less. Example: If there is a volcano erupting, I might give extra red mana out, and less blue. Or something along those lines.

**NOTE** I am not planning on having mana carry over from round to round. That did cause issues last time, clerical errors on my part mostly.

Example:
There is a robber. He is robbing you. Do you defend yourself? Do you become the aggressor? Do you run away... What do you do?
Mana available: 3 C C C (3 is colorless, C is any amount in your color(s).)

In short: Create nonbroken cards please. I will be lenient, given the nature of this "contest". But balance should always be in mind.

No killing, preferably: This is a preference, but it can ruin the game for other people. I am keeping it an option for now, but if it becomes a problem I'll probably banish killing altogether. Some situations might arise where you need to kill someone (VERY RARELY, but it might be interesting), though there COULD be other ways around that too...

Improvise: Feel free to build off each other. Respond to each other. For example if someone does something irrationally, let other people talk to them, and see if they can work it out. If that person still wants to do something irrational (make a counterspell). Again, this game really works best if you interact with each other. Also, some rounds will be solely for interaction. I don't know if this will work or not, but in this scenario there will be one such round to see how it goes. If these are a flop I will remove them.

Do not edit posts! This will allow everyone to see what is going on. If you do something, and make an error, post again with correct information. You can even strikeout your last post, but only that so at least it's readable, but everyone still knows it's NOT happening.

Publicity: Try to keep information public. If you have a question ask me... I'm the guide. I make the rules around here. If there is something that you wish to be kept private then PM me. I'll make note of it and or respond. Keep in mind... there might be hidden information that I won't outright tell you, and you'll have to do some detective work to get it out. I'll have some of this in this test to see how that works out in the game. I'm trying to think about a good scenario, but I can't right now without spoiling my idea for it in this situation. We'll play it by ear. But some examples would be the way people are positioned, the "abilities" of your race or stuff like that. Also, if you want to get more information, post a message here about your specific question. I'll PM you the result of your inquiry (it is YOUR inquiry after all), what you do with that information is completely up to you.

HERE WE GO! An example:

I say, you are walking along the road, and you come across a body... what do you do?

PERSON 1: Is it alive or dead?
ME: (publicly) You can't tell, but it's not moving.
PERSON 1: Is there sign of a struggle?
ME: (privately) You look around and find a dozen or so footprints leading away from the trail. You see no blood.
etc...

Looking back on this it might become to RPG-ey and less designing,  but I'm willing to give it a shot. If it tends to be more roleplaying, I will probably tone it down to more card making. However, my key point throughout this game is interaction.

Enemy Spellcasting: Enemies (and NPC's) can cast spells and/or have effects too. I won't outright say what the spell does, but I will describe it and it's current effects as you all (and you the victim, privately) would experience them. For example:
A shaman stops you and asks you questions. You answer one incorrectly and he points his finger at you.
Lightning erupts from his fingertips, and pierces your heart. The smell of burning hair is rather maddening.
This could be Lightning Bolt, Shock, Lightning Helix, Blightning etc... you won't specifically know. But you will (almost) always know the difference between good and bad spells.
That players' private PM could be, You feel intense pain as the electricity surges through your heart. Your brain begins to rattle and you slowly fall unconscious (that is presuming this character survives). This begins to have more of a Blightning feel, but again, it might be, it might not be...

Ending: The game ends when the storyline is finished, all of the contestants die, or the crisis is somehow averted prematurely.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Seeing as this technically isn't a contest... I won'd post any grades! I will post comments... however I'll do that at the end of the adventure. I want to keep the continuity up above all, and if this doesn't work out then I will change it to a round by round judging, but again this is just a test. My driving factor is the story. Afterwards, I can comment and graded and critique, but I want to make sure the story continues on.
OTHER NOTE: Keep in mind that this means I'll be SWAMPED after the adventure closes. I'll try to keep udpates as often as possible, so please be considerate of that too.


Latecomers:

Fear not! If you miss the opening round of this story, you can still participate, but you'll only be accepted into the story from that point on. You don't have to design cards from previous rounds... you weren't there... it makes flavorful sense. But I mean, if round two ends with a building blowing up, it makes sense for some people to go and investigate... so join at anytime! For those who die... feel free to rejoin as something else. In the next round.



THE STORY:

You are spelunking down another ancient ruins in Zendikar. You and your friend Rauv have been scouring this area for months looking to get in.

Today was the day it paid off. One of the larger eldrazi was toppled by a group of survivors, and it fell on top of this temple. A brief scrutinizing revealed a new opening in the walls. Without a moment's hesitation you and Rauv were in.

After a quick mapping of the inside of the temple, you both begin to walk around aimlessly searching for treasure. You come across the small opening of a secret passage and chisel it away revealing a spacious room.

The room is filled with piles of gold, and gems, but you an Rauv pass by all this nonesense. The gold is fake, and the gems, only a handful are actually real. The door at the other end of this room has a very peculiar lock. Upon investigation, a three-pronged key is required to open it. You and Rauv are disheartened when you try to force it open, and it doesn't work. You are about to walk out of the room, when Rauv suddenly calls out to you.

"Hey, I found something!"

You walk over, and find that Rauv has spotted a large chest resting before a grand throne. The chest is locked, but responds to your skills. When you open the chest a magical shriek is loosed and continues to echo down the halls. You cover your ears, but Rauv snatches the contents and runs for the door.

"Rauv! We have to get out of here! Something is sure to be coming!"

Rauv smiles back at you holding the key, "Then we better start running!"

===xxx===

The noise on the other side of the door was almost nonexistant. It calms your nerves, being able to hear again. Rauv is eagerly leading the way down this forboding staircase. You go deeper and deeper into the temple, losing all hopes of navigation. Rauv seems undaunted by losing your way, driven solely by the sense of adventure.

Finally, you both come before another door that responds to your new key. Inside, a pedestal bearing an odd staff. Rauv shakes you with excitement, and and runs off to the pedestal. Before you can react, Rauv grabs the staff and quickly leaps back; narrowly avoiding the expelled stinger of an overhanging spider.

"A bit out of practice I'd say. I think that poor thing hasn't eaten in years. Let's get going."

Now being chased by a spider, you had a good reason to run. You were hopelessly lost, but you knew that anywhere away from the spider was a good place to go. Unfortunately, you two were cut off by a medium-sized eldrazi (which is still pretty big).

"This way." Rauv yells at you, as you say the same. Unfortunately, you both went different directions.

Now separated from Rauv by an enraged eldrazi and a hungry spider, you are running for your life in a maze of catacombs. Lefts and rights blend together as you start gasping for breath. The floor shudders with each step the eldrazi takes as it ever-so-slowly loses you; but you know that won't last long.

Vital Information/Round Criteria:

You come to another junction, and have to choose left or right. Before you choose, you feel a strange gust of wind. You are in the middle of an underground temple? Where is the wind coming from? You look opposite the direction your hair is blowing and find a small gap, just large enough to crawl through. Without a second guess, you crawl into it.

The tiny space is very constricting, but even more constricting for an eldrazi. It does lead into another room, and you continue to work your way through the tiny space.

Once on the other side, you stand up, dust yourself off, and light a torch.

You see an ancient room that seemed to be used for diplomatic meetings or similar. A door exists, but has crumbled over time, and collapsed with rocks. In the center of the room resides a large wooden table with a circular shape. It is surrounded by eight chairs, each one sits a skeleton. One of the skeletons is hunched over an open book, another is holding what used to be a wand. The entire room is littered with dust.

This rounds stipulation:
1) Who are you?
2) What do you do?

**NOTE** In this round, you are not able to interact with others. You are completely alone in this dusty room. There is no hidden information involved. Design your character, tell me what you do. This is your audition.

For this adventure, you're character MUST be humanoid, and should be able to exist in typical conditions without much of a struggle. Your character will determine the colors of spells you will be able to cast so think carefully when you create your character. Your character CANNOT have more than 3 colors. Your character CANNOT be legendary.
You may choose to have a class. IF you do, it must be in the typeline of your submission.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
***CHARACTER SHEETS***
(Color-coded: Similar colors = similar abilities)

GeorgeW - WIZARD

You get an additional colored mana to use for instant/sorcery spells.
Karpos, the Drunkard -- :RM::WM::UM:
Creature - Human Wizard (X)

Level Up :RM::WM::UM: [1/2]
[1-2] :T:: Reveal a sorcery card in your hand, you may cast that spell for less. [2/3]
[3+] :T:: Reveal your hand, you deal damage to target creature or player for each sorcery revealed this way. You gain that much life. [3/4]

"Eldrazi, wonderful beaches, harsh jungles? This world is filled with amazing sights to see..."
Inventory/Effects: 1/3

SLOT 1:

Mana Locket --
Artifact (X)

:T:: Put a charge counter on Mana Locket.
:T:, Remove a charge counter from Mana Locket: Add to your mana pool.

Waste not want not.






ConfusedAsUsual - WIZARD

You get an additional colored mana to use for instant/sorcery spells.
Adventuring Blinkmage -- :WM::UM:
Creature - Human Wizard (X)

Vigilance
:T:: Remove target creature from combat.
:UM::UM:, :T:: Exile target creature you control. Return that card to the battlefield under your control at the beginning of the next end step.

After he had obtained a proficien handling of the arcane arts, he became an adventurer, seeking the thrills of adventures and teh riches of hidden treasures.
2 / 2
Inventory/Effects: 1/3

SLOT 1:

Bottled Sunshine -- :WM:
Artifact (X)

Sacrifice Bottled Sunshine: Choose one - Target creature gains protectiong from black until the end of turn; or add :WM: to your mana pool; or you gain 3 life.






SilentTwin - SHAMAN

You may have one of your colored mana be off-color.
Bala Ged Exhumer -- :BM::GM:
Creature - Human Shaman Ally (X)
[CURRENT LEVEL: 1]
Level up [1/2]
[1-2] :T:: Return a permanent card at random from your graveyard to its owner's hand. [2/3]
[3+] :T:: Return a permanent card at random from your graveyard to the battlefield. [3/4]

"Ruins, tombs, crypts, abandoned temles? There's always something of value there..."
Inventory/Effects: 1/3

SLOT 1:

Hedron Fragment --
Artifact - Equipment (X)

Spells and abilities that target equipped creature costs less to cast or activate.
Equip






vlord - WARRIOR

You get an additional colored mana to use for creature spells.
Erlundi Guard -- :RM::WM::UM:
Creature - Minotaur Warrior (X)

At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent gains control of another target permanent you control.

"Combat is more than just about making enemies."
-Teaching of Zedruu the Greathearted-
5 / 5



FiveMinuteCatNap - WIZARD

You get an additional colored mana to use for instant/sorcery spells.
Malakir Hemomage -- :BM::BM::BM:
Creature - Vampire Wizard (X)

Lifelink
Whenever Malakir Hemomage deals combat damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Malakir Hemomage: Malakir Hemomage deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

3 / 3
Inventory/Effects: 1/3

SLOT 1:

Seal of Thirst -- :BM::BM:
Enchantment (X)

Sacrifice Seal of Thirst: Seal of Thirst deals 2 damage to target creature and you gain 2 life.






magicpablo666 - MONK

Once per game, if you would die, you don't die instead. This ability resets at the end of each combat encounter.
Igneous Ivorite -- :WM::BM::RM:
Creature - Boar Monk (X)

Lifelink
Whenever a player gains life, that player loses that much life.

"The path to enlightenment is paved with skulls."
3 / 3



TPmanW - WIZARD

You get an additional colored mana to use for instant/sorcery spells.
Experiment Fodder -- :UM::RM:
Creature - Goblin Wizard (U)

Haste
Whenever Experiment Fodder attacks you may flip a coin. If you win the flip, draw a card. If you lose the flip, discard a card.

"Try to stay alive long enough that I can get some decent data okay?"
-Magelord Skiz-
2 / 1
Inventory/Effects: 1 / 3

SLOT 1:

Hare's Foot Necklace --
Artifact (X)

Once per turn if you would flip a coin, you may choose the outcome of that coin flip instead. (You may choose for the coin to come up heads or tails and choose whether you win or lose the flip.)

"I used the luckiest foot of each of the seven luckiest rabbits I ever managed to catch!"
-Hobwor Zatch-







Mown - WIZARD

You get an additional colored mana to use for instant/sorcery spells.
Ballynock Beguiler -- :UM:
[:GM:] Creature - Kithkin Wizard (X)
(Ballynock Beguiler is green)
Whenever Ballynock Beguiler becomes the target of a spell, you may tap or untap target permanent.

Reality only matches of a paranoid's.
1 / 3

Inventory/Effects: 1/3

SLOT 1:

Enchanted Twig --
Artifact - Equipment (X)

Equipped creature gets +2/+0.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, sacrifice Enchanted Twig.
Equip






an_endless_epidemic - DRUID

You may have one of your colored mana be off-color.
Kor Healer -- :WM::WM:
Creature - Kor Druid (X)

Lifelink
Whenever you tap a plains for mana, gain 1 life.

1 / 4



Chintastica - WIZARD

You get an additional colored mana to use for instant/sorcery spells.
Eccentric Chronomancer -- :UM::RM:
Creature - Human Wizard (X)

:RM:: Target creature gains haste until the end of turn.
:UM:: Target creature with haste is unblockable until the end of turn.

"I'm on speeeeeeeddd!!!"
2 / 2
Inventory/Effects: 2/3

SLOT 1:

Chronosphere -- :UM::UM:
Enchantment - Aura (X)

Enchant player
Whenever enchanted player becomes the target of a spell, if that spell was cast from a player's hand, exile it with a time counter on it. It gains suspend.

The expression "Never saw it coming" was unfamiliar to seasoned chronomancers of the Academy...."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />

SLOT 2:

Infinity Gauntlets --
Artifact (X)

:T:: Choose target suspended card you own. If that card has a time counter on it, you may remove a time counter from it or put anothe time counter on it.

The left reaches into the past; the right into the future

SLOT 3:
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true">




theatog - ROGUE

You can find traps. If you serach a location, you can more easily find traps.
Con Artist -- :gum::gum:
Creature - Human Rogue (X)

Whenever Con Artist blocks, you may reveal a creature card from your hand. If you do, you may have Con Artist become a copy of that card or another target creature until the end of combat.

2 / 3
Inventory/Effects: 1/3

SLOT 1:

Cognitive Lapse -- :UM:
Enchantment (X)

During your upkeep, you may activated abilities of creatures your opponents control as though you control them.

Sorry, what was it again?






eddned - UNDECIDED

You are charismatic. When talking to others, you get more information.
Deciever -- :UM::BM:
Creature - Human Shaman (X)

:BM:, :T:: Target player loses one life.
:UM::UM::UM:, :T:: Draw a card.

1 / 1

Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
***THE STORY***

ROUND 1: 1 - 44

You are spelunking down another ancient ruins in Zendikar. You and your friend Rauv have been scouring this area for months looking to get in.

Today was the day it paid off. One of the larger eldrazi was toppled by a group of survivors, and it fell on top of this temple. A brief scrutinizing revealed a new opening in the walls. Without a moment's hesitation you and Rauv were in.

After a quick mapping of the inside of the temple, you both begin to walk around aimlessly searching for treasure. You come across the small opening of a secret passage and chisel it away revealing a spacious room.

The room is filled with piles of gold, and gems, but you an Rauv pass by all this nonesense. The gold is fake, and the gems, only a handful are actually real. The door at the other end of this room has a very peculiar lock. Upon investigation, a three-pronged key is required to open it. You and Rauv are disheartened when you try to force it open, and it doesn't work. You are about to walk out of the room, when Rauv suddenly calls out to you.

"Hey, I found something!"

You walk over, and find that Rauv has spotted a large chest resting before a grand throne. The chest is locked, but responds to your skills. When you open the chest a magical shriek is loosed and continues to echo down the halls. You cover your ears, but Rauv snatches the contents and runs for the door.

"Rauv! We have to get out of here! Something is sure to be coming!"

Rauv smiles back at you holding the key, "Then we better start running!"

===xxx===

The noise on the other side of the door was almost nonexistant. It calms your nerves, being able to hear again. Rauv is eagerly leading the way down this forboding staircase. You go deeper and deeper into the temple, losing all hopes of navigation. Rauv seems undaunted by losing your way, driven solely by the sense of adventure.

Finally, you both come before another door that responds to your new key. Inside, a pedestal bearing an odd staff. Rauv shakes you with excitement, and and runs off to the pedestal. Before you can react, Rauv grabs the staff and quickly leaps back; narrowly avoiding the expelled stinger of an overhanging spider.

"A bit out of practice I'd say. I think that poor thing hasn't eaten in years. Let's get going."

Now being chased by a spider, you had a good reason to run. You were hopelessly lost, but you knew that anywhere away from the spider was a good place to go. Unfortunately, you two were cut off by a medium-sized eldrazi (which is still pretty big).

"This way." Rauv yells at you, as you say the same. Unfortunately, you both went different directions.

Now separated from Rauv by an enraged eldrazi and a hungry spider, you are running for your life in a maze of catacombs. Lefts and rights blend together as you start gasping for breath. The floor shudders with each step the eldrazi takes as it ever-so-slowly loses you; but you know that won't last long.

You come to another junction, and have to choose left or right. Before you choose, you feel a strange gust of wind. You are in the middle of an underground temple? Where is the wind coming from? You look opposite the direction your hair is blowing and find a small gap, just large enough to crawl through. Without a second guess, you crawl into it.

The tiny space is very constricting, but even more constricting for an eldrazi. It does lead into another room, and you continue to work your way through the tiny space.

Once on the other side, you stand up, dust yourself off, and light a torch.

You see an ancient room that seemed to be used for diplomatic meetings or similar. A door exists, but has crumbled over time, and collapsed with rocks. In the center of the room resides a large wooden table with a circular shape. It is surrounded by eight chairs, each one sits a skeleton. One of the skeletons is hunched over an open book, another is holding what used to be a wand. The entire room is littered with dust.


ROUND 2: 45 - 77

You find yourself curious as to the age of the chamber. The peculiar thing being the positioning of the skeletons. They died in their chairs, but there was no sign of struggle, no weapons, only a rotting wand and an old book.

The wand is more full of holes than wood now, but your attention is drawn to the book. You pick it up and blow off layers of dust and begin to search the pages.

The pages have darkened with age, and many text resides within, but has faded or blurred. The cover is blank, but the last page is the most intriguing. On the last page there is ink impossibly preserved.

The last page is a picture of you.

You hold the book close to your face, making sure it is true. You inspect every detail, and find no fault, no difference, no answer. Your profile was drawn onto the last page of this book, and was preserved incredibly well.

You put the book down and find yourself in a different place; or so it seems. The room is the same, only it is more lively.

The dust has vanished, the colors restored, the walls intact. You are even surrounded by eight other living people. The ruins that you were just in have changed to a more restored state.

You realize that the others, are just as confused as you are.


ROUND 3: 78 - 108

Among the confusion of everyone, a generous wizard conjures a feast. Upon the summoning, many people respond to potential hostility.

It is impossible for all of you to keep track of everyone else, but the general scene ends up progressing as follows:
Several people partake of the feast all with different intentions of course, but they eat nonetheless.
The boar monk begins madly running around the room sniffing everything. Every once and a while you catch a glimpse of a tiny man running away from it, but as soon as you think you see it, it's gone.
Several spells have been cast, and you all take caution against them though none of the spells have been harmful as of yet. You all know that everyone is watching everyone. Some of you just hide it better than others.

One of the robed figures, [SilentTwin], casts a spell and quickly stands up as if to leave. When everyone focuses their attention on him, the boar takes this opportunity to start eating all of the food that was left uneaten. All of it. Those sitting at the table, now have nothing to eat or drink and decide to follow this robed man.

[GeorgeW], realizing that his feast is mostly ignored, casts another spell hoping to inspire some form of unity. Suddenly, it becomes clear to all of you how to exit the temple. Not much about where exactly you are, or how you got there; but you know how to return to the outdoors.
---
Just as suddenly, you hear a crash outside the room, and a muffled scream. Some of you run outside to discover a terrible scene.

A small (though large) and disgusting eldrazi spawn is waiting just outside the chamber. As you raise your arms and weapons in defense, it waves it's arms at you and yells, "No, not me! Don't hurt me! Hurt them!"
It gestures behind it, and you all see a swarm of spawn rampaging down the hall. Nobody can get an exact count, but more than a dozen of these creatures are scuttling towards you.

Fortunately, they are coming from the hall you don't have to travel. You all know that you can take a left and (after a while) find an exit. The eldrazi spawn are coming from the right.


ROUND 4: 109 - 151

[SilentTwin] summons a guiding light on the wall. A glyph pointing everyone down the right path. Several choose to follow him, some choose to fight.

[FiveMinuteCatNap] quickly waves his hand laying a curse upon the approaching horde. [GeorgeW] also springs to action preparing a deadly spell for the eldrazi spawn. [Mown] planning ahead, clears his mind and begins to focus for as long as he remains undisturbed.

The newly acquired member, still disguised as an eldrazi spawn, attempts to use a telepathic link to the horde. He begins to falter the brains. The spawn madden, but are ultimately under his control, until chaos strikes.

[ConfusedAsUsual] points at the eldrazi, and a golden spear is hurled at the leader, before exploding into a brilliant and blinding light. Now blinded by the light, those who turned to fight can only guess as to what happened next.

Through their blindness, they see another flash of violet light, and hear screaming from someone in the front.
An intense heat can be felt, more screams can be heard.
Out of desperation [magicpablo666] blindly surges forward hoping to intimidate the horde, if not devour them.
[an_endless_epidemic] thinks quickly and points towards the screams hoping to assist his frightened comrade(s).
Hearing the explosion, and seeing the effects of the bright light, [Chintastica] points over his shoulder hopefully dispersing all of the eldrazi spawn. He also stores up some mana for later use.

Nobody knows exactly what happened, but one thing was clear, the eldrazi spawn were all gone, and nobody was dead.
[GeorgeW] was sprawled upon the ground. He was shaken, and lightheaded, but okay.
[magicpablo666] could be seen writhing in agony. He completely missed the eldrazi and ran headfirst into a supporting column.
[ConfusedAsUsual] and [TPmanW] are both rubbing their eyes, making sure the blindness was all gone.
[FiveMinuteCatNap] calmly steps out of the shadows, astounded at the brilliant fireworks that just took place.

One thing was clear, nobody knew what had just happened.
---
Upon collecting themselves, the "fighters" stagger along following the trail of the others. They catch up close to the exit. A breeze can be felt, and light can be seen through the less ruined windows. The exit must be near!

The group pushes forwards excited to finally see the sunlight again, and their wish is rewarded by a large hole in the wall.

You all cautiously look outside, and find that the immediate vicinity is safe and that you are surrounded by a very different jungle than when you came in.

The previously bare landscape was completely flooded with trees and canopy. There was no light jungle anymore, in it's place was a thick, muggy, damp, towering, dangerous jungle. There is no path for you to follow, there is no easy way to distinguish directions once you are in the jungle, due to the heavy canopy.


ROUND 5: 152 - 185

Resting up from whatever happened in the temple, the group begins to open up slightly. More words are being spoken between you and you begin to bond in a way that you only can when your life is in danger. It's a strange bond, but a very powerful one.
Still, some decide to keep their distance, and still plan for the worse. They aren't against the group, but they just aren't as trusting as some others. They are still willing to help out, but they are also looking out for themselves.

While everyone is catching their breath and enjoying what peace they can, [ConfusedAsUsual] throws some dust into the wind. He covers his eyes and stares longingly into the air, before shrugging and resting again. [Mown] similarly distances himself investigating the bushes, the trees, the briarpatches. You swear you see him picking up some grass and eating it. Whatever his reasoning, he returns to the main camp satisfied with his results.

Meanwhile, most everyone resting procures some sort of charm, or amulet or other means of protection. For example:
[GeorgW] pulls out a small locket and whispers soothing ly to it.
[SilentTwin] shuffles through his pack for a tiny fragment of stone, before sliding it into his pocket. All this within his cloud of reminiscence.
[FiveMinuteCatNap] calmly alters and adjusts his robes.
[TPmanW] pulls out a fanciful charm full of the feet of his luckiest rabbits. Then is quickly covered in [magicpablo666]'s blood thanks to a giant sneeze. They laugh it off.
[Chintastica] dons a pair of fantastical gauntlets. Bright as the sun, light as a feather, sturdy as iron.

The group begins to ready themselve for the journey ahead. [theatog] quickly blesses the jungle in hopes of speedy travel

No one knows how long the sun will last, if it will last at all deep within the jungle.
---
Your trek through the jungle was not as painful as it originally appeared. Whatever charm whomever has working, worked.

The tree seemed to brush aside easily despite their size, and long distance seemed to pass quickly. The sun even poked through in some areas, sending a golden ray of light to the jungle soil.

It is eeriely quiet in the jungle, unlike how Zendikar was before your journey into the temple. Despite your long journey the group has come across three, maybe four, birds. Nothing else. No people. No animals. No eldrazi (thankfully). Either a charm is working enormously well, or something is terribly wrong.

Unsure as to how long you spent in the jungle, you find yourselves in a large clearing. The clearing isn't as much a clearing as it is undergrowth, but what unnerves you is the fallen trees.
Within the clearing there are numerous fallen trees, but not a single stump. Also, the ground here seems darker than in other places, despite getting more sun?

In the distance, you can see the peak of a mountain rising above the canopy. You can only glimpse the top two inches (relative), but you see what appears to be another temple built into the side of the mountain.

Astonished, some of you poke around the clearing, others gawk at the temple they can barely see. Others still silently wait, ever cautious as to their surroundings.

The group paused for a moment too long, and now there is a choice it is clear.
Investigate the clearing, or go to the temple?
Whicever you choose you surely have few hours of daylight left, and who knows what happens to Zendikar at night?


ROUND 6: 186 - 216

The group had come to a place of indecision.

Many people were astonished and pleased with this fine clearing, others were suspicious, and others yet just wanted to continue.

At first the group simply stopped to rest, but then the concept of resting for longer crept into their minds, and many people latched on to this and began investigating on their own.
[SilentTwin] conjures up an avian friend to scout from above. He begins planning a camp while he waits. It returns eventually revealing secrets of the wild that compel him to stay and send out some scouts.
[Mown] cautiously prepares the ground and some saplings to discern from the earth what exactly happened. In his meditative trance his face contorts, and worries. Upon returning he grabs a twig and quickly enchants it for protection. He decides to sleep to restore his strength.
[theatog] carefully inspects the entire clearing scrutinizing the trees, the breeze and finally the earth. He is shocked, but discerns that the clearing itself is safe enough.
Meanwhile:
[ConfusedAsUsual] reaches out to the sun with an enchanted vial absorbing some of it for his own uses. He hides it away carefully making sure none of the light escapes. He urges others forwards with the potential for a prolonged day, but indecision was swayed his view and he volunteers to scout for the group.
[FiveMinuteCatNap] ravenously steals some life from the fauna, and invigorates the group. Unfortunately, they sit; however their vigor remains.
[Chintastica] requests a continuation and even volunteers to lead protecting himself with a special Chronosphere.

While this politicking is being disputed, [GeorgeW] simply vanishes sending the goblin into a blind worry. Fortunately, [an_endless_epidemic] calmed him down and restored some sense of order to the disagreement.

Although they lost their number with the disappearance of [GeorgeW], another man showed up in a brief vision. Before much was said this apparition also disappeared, but his message was clear "I know some answers". The group was left in wonder...
---
With the group slowly accepting staying as a real possibility, [ConfusedAsUsual] heads off towards the east. (N = towards mountain. S = towards your previous destination). After a short while, he returns with no fortunate discoveries. He proceeds to head West, and the sky begins to darken.
[SilentTwin] has continued to set up camp, and even prepared a campfire to warm the group. [ConfusedAsUsual] returns shortly after you eat dinner (random digestgibles on your persons), excited.

He reveals that shortly away from here lies an underground shelter of sorts. He says he only found it because the door was open. He looked inside briefly, found no real threats and came back to report the news. It appears to be a small house of sorts with shelves and cupboards. Though it was lightly stocked, there was some supplies there.

The group eager to leave the wide open emptiness, follow him to this hole in the ground. Everyone agrees that it is a promising compromise that benefits the group. Those that wish to find shelter, get shelter. Those that wish to not enter the temple, have not entered the temple. Everyone wins.

They quickly pile themselves into the shelter and close the door behind them. In the darkness someone ignites a torch, and a loud voice is heard.

"So you have come to my abode. You come seeking answers. I am more than glad to assist you, if you are more than glad to pay."

They focus on the voice, and find an old Shaman smiling with a crooked smile. His body obviously aged and weathered, but strong in heart. He welcomes them to stay.


ROUND 7: 217 - 318

The newcomer strikes up conversation with others offering information for valuables.
[TPmanW] quickly asks if he could be sent home, which request was denied. Nevertheless, he poured some magical powder on the ground which slowly turned into a small golem. Excited, [TPmanW] presents it to [eddned] and is finally accepted.
[SilentTwin] offers some chimes, which are kindly returned.
[theatog] talks with the old man, and is kindly asked to stop magically probing his mind.
[Mown] quickly pulls out a mystical orb and hands it to the man. He promises to use it, and that it will help.
[an_endless_epidemic] while not offering anything, inquires as to the whereabouts of [GeorgeW].

[Chintastica] stands off in a corner and broods, untrusting of this newcomer.
[ConfusedAsUsual] decides to rest after ensuring his own safety, but he decides to also record everything with a spell.
[FiveMinuteCatNap] investigates this shelter more covertly than some others, sensing for innocent blood.
[TPmanW] also decides to rest after hearing his answer.

Overall, you find that you are in a safe place. Some of you refuse to believe that, others accept it easily. Such is to be expected of complete strangers thrown together in a mysterious plot.

What your group discovers is this:
There are little to no remaining survivors on Zendikar.
Oftentimes there is a dragon that fights and defeats the bigger eldrazi.
This shleter leads to within the temple on the mountain
---
Though some of you have already drifted off into sleep, the rest of you slowly drift off as the night progresses. Until finally, everyone of you passed out.

You all awaken and find [SilentTwin] concentrating very hard with his hands pressed up against his temples.
The shelter is shaking, an earthquake; or worse.

When pressed for a reason, [SilentTwin] waves his hands and suddenly a projection of the outside appears in the shelter for everyone to see.

"It's the view of just outside, from my bird." He states as you all watch at the amazing scene.

A monstrous eldrazi, larger than the nearby mountain, is swinging madly at this silver dragon.
The eldrazi is larger than any you've ever even heard of. It has a massive rainbow-colored squid-like body, and a very long reach.
The dragon is silver, but a wispy silver, and almost appears ethereal. It dashes across the scene quickly almost too fast to see.

The eldrazi is clearly losing the fight as the dragon continues to torment it slowly by using the hit-and-run tactic.

Before allowing anyone to see how the scene ends, [eddned] frightfully urges everyone into a secret passage he opened up.
"Quickly! Quickly! We cannot wait for this fight to end! If that is anywhere near here when the eldrazi falls we could be crushed! Quickly, we must find shelter deep underground to aviod this fate."

Everyone quickly rushes to pack their things and runs into the passage. The shaman seals the door shut behind him, and you all proceed down a long corridor.

The journey wouldn't have been so bad, if it weren't for the incessany quaking of the world. The fight was lasting a long time, and the world was paying for it. Often, small rocks would fall off the cieling causing a bruise or two.

Slowly the carved tunnel turns into stone slabs and the quaking lessens to an annoying vibration instead of a terrible shaking. You finally come into a large room filled with treasure!
Piles of gold and gems, litter the room, but you all know better. Fool's Gold. The same as in the last temple. You enter the room and look to leave through the exit, but you find it blocked entirely by boulders to difficult to move. Some of you try to use magic, but after much preparation and the most powerful spell, you manage to move a single boulder revealing more than you can count blocking the passage back to the world.
Too afraid to go back the way you came, you look at the door that leads deeper into the temple. The shaman holds up the key.

"We can go deeper into the temple in hopes of finding another way out, but it will probably be dangerous."
Everyone smiled at this remark. Having all been spelunking temples at some point, you realize that danger is just a word. Fun, is really what awaits you ahead.
"I have always had the key, but I have never traversed beyond this door. Let us investigate shall we?"

When the door opens a blast of stuffy air engulfs all of you. You fight past the stuffiness and enter into a large chamber.
The chamber is covered with intricate pictures and carvings and such.
What truly draws your attention is this:
1) There are five slightly elevated circular platforms. Forming a circle around the room.
2) There is a pedestal residing in the center of the room.
3) There are no other doors in this room.
4) The door you all just came in suddenly slams shut and seals with numerous auras (based off of the many colors of mana that absorbed into it)

[After a while... a newcomer, [Dr_Demento] falls through a hole in the ceiling]

The energy about pedestal dies down once again leaving you all stumped as how to open the door. Angrily, [TPmanW] berates his immobile glass, while [eddned] throws wisps of smoke at the door. Angered by the lack of magic, he throws his hands up in rage, and pathetic wisps extended beyond his fingers.
Everyone lets out a low moan, figuring they are all trapped in this room forever.

Suddenly, you hear a faint screaming. Not frightene screaming, but that over zealous amazement, the entusiasm of a thrill, the awkward scream when danger is present and you only plan on escaping it. It is faint, and slowly gets louder. It is coming from above you, from the same hole that [Dr_Demento] fell through.

The chamber begins to rumble, and the screaming stops, but turns into yelps of pleasure, whomever is up there is having a lot of fun whatever is happening. You could only hope to have that much fun down here.

The chamber rumbles violently and many of your are thrown off your feet. After the chamber calms itself, you here a clanging noise from the chamber floor, and see a large silver crown bouncing around. You can hear the voice above you, "Whoops, oh no!".

The chamber shakes again, but as you look up, you see a man falling out of the same hole that the vedalken fellow did, shortly before the hole fills with boulders, sealing you once again in this room.

Having no sand to land on, this man land heavily on the floor screaming in his free fall. You all expect him to be dead, or at least heavily wounded, but he rolls over laughing scanning the room. He locates the crown, laughs some more and picks it up.

With the crown in his hands, he stands up and you can finally see his face. It's Rauv.

He looks very carefully at each one of you, before finally perking up upon finding [Dr_Demento].

He acknowledges [SilentTwin], "Hey!"
He walks by [vlord], "Oh, it's been a while!"
He walks by [FiveMinuteCatNap], "Please tell me you haven't been tracking me this whole time?"
He walks up to [an_endless_epidemic] "How'd you catch up with this motley crew?"
He turns and winks at [Chintastica] and waves, before finally reaching [Dr_Demento].

"Sorry, I disappeared on you. But you have NO idea how precious this crown is!"

[TPmanW] confused by Rauv's actions, runs up to him and pulls on his shirt. Rauv looks down and pats him on his head. "Hey little guy, what's your name? My name is Rauv, I'm glad to meet you, but this room bores me already. Who wants some adventure?"

He runs over to the pedestal in the center of the room, reading the ancient text. He stares at the room pointing at the door, and several platforms.
He smiles broadly, "This was holding you up? It's easy! 'Alpha and Omega are last // Run to four, but don't go past' Honestly, I would've hoped you guys understood ancient texts after all these years of scavenging with me."
He looks down at the pedestal as if double-checking his work, before leaping onto the platform clockwise from the one directly across from the door. Then he continues to go clockwise, for two more platforms. Next, he jumps on the platform across from the door, and finally the platform counter-clockwise from that one.

The clicking noise is heard, and the colorful auras guarding the door disperse. Rauv smiles and walks over to the door, looking at all of you, "Are you all ready?"



ROUND 8: 319 - 347

Nobody says a word as the door is slowly opened and another chamber is revealed.

A weight, you didn't even recognize at first, feels lifted from your shoulders. You feel afresh (you can cast spells again).

This new chamber, unlike the previous chamber, has two doors. One that you just came through, another that is across from you. Decorating the walls of this room are five statues.
The five statues are:
A cat holding a sun;
A merfolk crying;
A zombie covered in rot;
A goblin igniting a fire;
An elf holding a plant.

In the center of the room is another pedestal, but this one has an orb floating above it. Rauv quickly walks over to it, studying the pedestal, scrutinizing the orb, and finally smacking the orb with his open hand; the orb doesn't move.
"Interesting," he mutters, "It seems simple enough. The pedestal says, 'give the gods what they seek; and the passage you seek shall awaken.' I figure some whipped up spells will do the trick."

He jumps in front of the cat statue and quickly blasts it with immense fire.

Perturbed, he looks at his hand, and another fireball shoots out at his head, it narrowly misses his face.
You all follow the fireball with your eyes, up to the immense roof of this chamber, a roof that you cannot see. The fireball goes on and on, but what it illuminates frightens you.

Oozes. Hundreds of them lining the higher walls of this chamber. Fortunately, they appear to be sleeping.

*BOOM*

The fireball finally finds the roof. The chamber shakes and some of the oozes fall down from their perches.
Rauv points at one of them, and douses it with water. He shakes his hand, and water spruts out all of the wall, dropping a few more oozes.

Rauv turns to the rest of the group, "Whoops!"


ROUND 9: 348 - 372

[Together people solve the puzzle, and petrify the attacking oozes (albeit accidentally). The door opens and you are free to continue.]

You walk past the petrified oozes with ease. [TPmanW] kicks one as he passes by, then squeals at the ooze in his boot.

As you start to enter the door, a shocking figure suddenly appears and sends minor bolts of electricity at one of the oozes, it begins to burn before the door finally closes. [Chintastica] turns to admire his previously aetherized ally and nods in approval.

The new room you stand in is very dark.

You all propose that it is dome-like, like the first two rooms; however there is no real way to confirm this hunch at this time. The center of the room produces a VERY faint purple light. It appears to come from a small hole in the center of the room. Rauv quickly heads the group holding everyone back.

"I got this, I've been here long enough..."
He slowly approaches the light with his hands aglow with a blue aura. About halfway there, the room rumbles and creaks, and he freezes until it stops. When the room subsides, he takes a few more steps towards the light.
Step.
Step.
Step.
"Whoops"

Suddenly, the floor gives way, and Rauv is left momentarily suspended in the air, before dropping out of view. His scream as he falls was cut short, by a loud thud.

"OOoomph! Ow, that, that hurt. Shocking, but better to be alive I guess. Hello? Everybody? Uh... whatever you see now is probably safe to stand on, this hole, hole? No, this tunnel doesn't seem to go under anywhere. It seems completely exposed."
You hear Rauv talking as if he were just underneath you. [TPmanW] is the first to brave the journey to the now massive hole. He looks over the edge, and scratches his head.
"Huh? You not s'posed to fall that way? Otherbody, come look!"

Curious, you all slowly make you way around the edge of the hole and are surprised at what you find.
Rauv is standing on the wall of the tunnel looking back at you. He waves from about two feet down.

"If anyone could help me up? The gravity switches about here," he waves his hand infront of him, "makes it very difficult."
[SilentTwin] reaches down and grabs Rauv's arm. He begins pulling him up with ease, but then starts to struggle as Rauv's arm was raised above the edge. [FiveMinuteCatNap] and [Chintastica] help pull him up the rest of the way, grunting.

"Thank you friends. Ahh, your amulet [Chintastica] that must have done it! Look."
Everyone looks at [Chintastica], his chest is glowing and he slides out an amulet.
"I remember finding that amulet with you, in uh, that overgrown temple. We used it against those growing vine traps, it must be protecting me from whatever trap I triggered. Sorry about that... That reminds me though, you all say you know me, but how do you have proof? [TPmanW] has my sword, that I have yet to give him. [Chintastica] has an amulet from one of our adventures. I recently gave [Dr_Demento] the Crown of Kazand. What about you [vlord]? Do you still have that ring we took from the scoundrels of Svorgol? You said you'd wear that until the day you died. And how about you [FiveMinuteCatNap]? We got another protective item, what was it a mask of some sort? No! It was a cloak, I think. I don't remember, all I remember was that I wasn't able to burn it with fire. Ah, [an_endless_epidemic]! Is that the Mantle of Merchants you're wearing now? Fabulous! I haven't forgotten you either [SilentTwin], I recognized the dagger we stole from the Temple of the Ancients right away."
He pasuses for a moment.
"I guess you guys know me, I'm just being cautious is all. Not that I have been recently," he jumps up, "Where's the fun in that right? What do we do next? So far it only looks like we can go down."


ROUND 10: 373 - 410

[GeorgeW] eager to avoid the darkness, gives everyone an orb of light. These lights are quickly stifled by [eddned] worried that unmentionables will see the light and be alerted to your presence.

Agreeing with [eddned], [SilentTwin] encases himself in darkness hoping to get a feel for what is down below.

[eddned] sends his faithful servant down the tunnel first, but not before [TPmanW] has a chnce to encase it with a channeled fire. [eddned] glares at the goblin; he shrugs it off.

Rauv pointed out that several of you had been given special artifacts by him previously. You notice a wicked blade for [SilentTwin] and a strange mask for [FiveMinuteCatNap]. [Chintastica] has a star-shaped amulet, meanwhile you all know [Dr_Demento] was given the Crown of Kazand a few rooms ago.

While awaiting the report from the golem, [Dr_Demento] begins excavating whatever he can from the room. Searching the walls, clearing the dust, investing in some well-timed research.
---
Rauv becomes irritable at this behavior and jumps [Dr_Demento] binding him with an enchanted rope. [Dr_Demento] uses this time and awkward binding well; he silently casts an enchantment on Rauv.
"The rope will untie when you decide to cooperate," Rauv mentions cooly. He enchants it again to hold [Dr_Demento] upright at a tolerable level for when, if, he decides to cooperate. He also makes it levitate, so they won't have to drag him if it so happens to be necessary to continue.

Upon readying themselves, everyone look over the edge of the pit. As daunting as it may be, they all saw the previous results, the gravity is fixed. One by one, they jump in, realigning with the wall which is now the floor.

You traverse the tunnel a bit, before coming to a small opening in what is now the floor. The hope of it being a tunnel is cut short after you all see that the tunnel is blocked off by large amounts of boulders. This area of the temple appears to have been weakened by something, for many of the paths you come across in this manner, are blocked the same way.

Over the course of time, you realize that the purple glow is slowing growing brighter. You still wouldn't call it "light" but you can differentiate between objects much better now.

One thing you haven't felt in a while, was some rumbling. The world has stopped shaking from what you can recall.

You hear a faint crack and turn as best you can towards the source. Coming behind you, you see the large silverish ethereal dragon charging down the tunnel with ease. You have but maybe thirty seconds before it arrives at your parties current location. It's holding something in it's hands, but you can't exactly see what it is. You begin to panic, there's no where to run.

The first to respond to the dragon, [Dr_Demento] cast a spell slowing down time for the group. With the extra time [eddned] was able to cast a not-instant spell to buffer his golem to face the dragon joining its side.

Fearing for their lives [an_endless_epidemic] and [SilentTwin] both cast protective magics upon themselves; [SilentTwin] awaiting to assault the dragon.

[Chintastica] snaps his fingers sending the residual energy of his Riftborn Sparkling towards the dragon. And [ConfusedAsUsual] prepares to send a massive dark, dreary, and dreafully doomful blade at the dragon...

But the dragon isn't there? It's gone. It simply vanished into thin air.

The time spell slowly wore off, and [an_endless_epidemic] eventually popped back into existance. [Chintastica]'s elemental's energy bounced harmlessly off of a wall. What was going on?



Round 11: 411 - ???

With the dragon gone, and everyone on edge, the goblin sends everyone over the edge. Afraid to stick around, you all follow [TPmanW] as he hurries you along with some quickening Magic. You run until your lungs can't support your journey any further.

Everyone slows, gasping for breath, but [TPmanW] runs madly ahead, but stops suddenly, a short distance off. He turns back, and beckons everyone down to him, before he continues forwards. You normally wouldn't follow him, but it's what he said, that intrigues you.

"The end of the tunnel!"

You walk slowly towards him, while catching your breath. Sure enough, you see a wall infront of you, with a tunnel leading straight up (from your current perspective.) Judging from your memory, you figure that the gravity will right itself and you can walk as normal once again.

You right yourselves in this new and spacious cavern, when you come across a large metallic figure.

"What are you doing here? How did you get here? You shouldn't be here."

"Who are you? We don't know how we got here." [SilentTwin] asks.

"That is not important now, you must leave. I can send..."

Suddenly, a dark laughter is heard echoing through the cavern.
"Now, now Karn. Are you so quickly sending away my guests? That's very rude, in fact I invited them. Every... single... one of them."

"Leave! Now!"

"I forbid it! I wish I could send you away Karn, but unfortunately I have need of you as well. You may try to stop me if you wish. Now, my friends. I hope your journey was well."

"Their lives are of no concern to you Bolas. Why have you brought them here?"

A large and demonic dragon slowly wisps into view clinging to a large stalactite hanging over a chasm.
"Their lives are of utmost concern to my plan! Imbicile! You must learn to listen before you learn to speak! Or did Urza wipe that from your memory as well?"

"Urza worried about me, much more than I can say about you and anyone?"

"Power would be difficult to grasp to a being like you. Friends make you powerful, but I am powerful enough already."

"You brought us here? We had lives of our own and you manipulated us to your own sadistic needs! Bring us BACK!" [Chintastica] yells charging at Bolas.

"Silence mortal," Bolas flings a large claw out and swats [Chintastica] away. He lands far away from the rest of the group, across some chasm; he isn't moving. "You could learn a lesson in silence as well!"
Quickly [vlord] and [magicpablo666] rush together attempting to run to [Chintastica], but Bolas quickly sweeps them away. They hit the walls of the cavern hard enough to crack the rocks.
[ConfusedAsUsual], full of sorrow, rage, and vengeance runs out and begins again weilding a powerful spell of destruction, that is again cut short by Bolas. This time however, he simply waves his hand obviously casting a spell of his own. The spell [ConfusedAsUsual] was charging slowly flows back into his body through his finger tips. He begins to writhe in agony as his own spell was turned against him. Whatever it was, it was quick and he fell onto the floor some feet between Bolas and the group.
[SilentTwin] moves to help, but Karn holds him back.

"All of you, stop. Enough of this, Bolas! What have you done here?"

"Have you heard the tales Karn. Of these beings, the eldrazi? It's a rather sad tale if you ask me. Formless, power-hungry entities feeding off the weaker essences plane to plane through the Blind Eternities? Sound familiar?"

"The eldrazi were beaten, as were you. I don't see why they are relevant."

"They are entirely relevant! Imagine the chaos they could cause with a master such as me? They would be unstoppable!"

"That won't happen! They have been released once and will repel your every attack."

Suddenly, another draconic figure appears. The silver ethereal one.
"False! The eldrazi are easily defeated."

"Ugin, what has Bolas done to you?"

"Nothing. He has given me another chance at life, for a small price."

"What price did you have to pay?"

"That is not for you to know, but I have recaptured the eldrazi and have imprisoned them once again."

"Just waiting for Bolas to release them! What are you doing?"

Ugin paused for a moment, before swinging his tail at Karn. Karn held up his arm and repelled the attack with a small shielding magic.

"You do not understand the power of these eldrazi. They are still beings of conceivable power. We, as planeswalkers, have power over them that they can't comprehend."

"You too have comprehensible power Karn, and are weak much like the eldrazi. I, myself, have my eyes set on the horizon. A storm is coming, one the multiverse cannot prevent, one the multiverse cannot withstand! Not without me."

"Together, Bolas and I are trying to allow the multiverse to grow, to strengthen, and to adapt. That is the only chance it has to survive."

"Lies. You trust him, Ugin? He creates the problems of the multiverse. I'm sure he even spawned the eldrazi many millenia ago."

"Don't be foolish Karn, by the way my guests, how has Rauv been treating you all? Well, I hope?"

"Rauv?" you all mutter.

"Yes. Your dear friend. The same one. The one you all have. I'm sure you've at least talked about him. The same person, for different people, at different times. Have none of you grasped the concept of this all," Bolas magically pulled Rauv hovering over to his side.

"Are you messing with time Bolas?" Karn interjected.

"No, merely setting my plans into motion. Tell me what you know about zomibes."

"Zomibes? You created them, I know that much. For what purpose I do not know."

Bolas laughed. "Why, for this reason! Zomibes are exact copies of the host, and are indefinately similar. Perfect for experimentation. I found an old friend of yours Karn, Squee was it?

"No!"

"Yes, actually. He proved rather difficult to study, but his zomibes didn't. Over time, and many failures, I was able to replicate his eternity and I bestowed this gift upon that whom you all know as Rauv. And that is how I reached out to separate timelines. I sent Rauv to each of my guests, in their own due time. We set up the same scenario for each one, and slowly pulled them into the now. Now that the prison is once again complete."

"The prison?"

"The Eye of Ugin."

"Why are you trying to help the multiverse?"

"I have not yet found power to traverse to another multiverse. Until that time, I am equally unsafe. Will you not help us imprison these monstosities?"

"I cannot believe you. I will not assist you in your task."

"Then believe this!" Bolas, threw a sack at Karn's feet. He opened it and looked inside. He stepped back and dropped the sack.

"What is this?"

"That is what is responsible for this," Bolas revealed a previously hidden stump for an arm that was horribly discolored, "That tiny specimen nearly killed me. Took off my arm in a matter of seconds. Needless to say it was almost indestructible. So much so, that I was too much in fear of my life, to record exactly what I did that eventually destroyed it. Although, I'm more worried about this incurable rot that has overtaken my wound."

"And, how did you come across it?"

"How did we first come across the eldrazi? We scouted them, this one was a scout. Will you help us?" Ugin stated.

"I... I will. Unfortunately, I must."

"Do you know what it is?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Splendid! I have tasked Ugin with hunting the eldrazi. I was slowly crafting the next prison. Ugin would only help me if I would construct it to his standards."

"Why do you need my help?"

"We required three planeswalkers in the past, I see no reason to change it now." Ugin replied.

"But it was broken before."

"I was concerned about that as well, but Ugin seems convinced it will stay."

"The eldrazi are trapped within, the important ones at least. The others will die over time. Zendikar will be able to be born again. I will seal the prison now."

"I suppose I should move away then. Don't worry Karn, I need you for now," he mumbled lazily as Karn readied himself.

Ugin opened his mouth, and let loose a silent roar. But the effects were clear. The stones infront of him began to blacken as if they were coal. And hovering in the middle of the room, previously invisible, but burned into existance, was a large orange gem.

"We must all seal the prison now. Karn, if you'll please join us."

Karn slowly walked over to the floating gem and placed his hand on it, as did Bolas and Ugin. It pulsed slightly, and slowly changed to a greenish hue.

"It is done." Ugin said before disappearing.

Bolas turned to Karn. "I do have a reason for inviting my guests, I know you are wondering."

"Indeed. Why tempt time again? You remember Dominaria."

"OF COURSE I REMEMBER! One of them has been working for me this entire time. I needed a way to work around Ugin's prison of course, but if I sent for my messenger, it would have been too obvious. Instead, I sent my immortal Rauv to everyone of different origins to better hide my plan. So, which of you was it? Would you like to know?"

You all turn amongst yourselves casting accusing glares among everyone. Bolas chuckled to himself. "Pitiful."









Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
I knew I would need it! I certainly did. And I finally used it!

This is a note post.

1) Most importantly, I need to sleep, and my day is busy. I was planning on this, but I was not planning on leaving late from work. I will have to put off continuing this until tonight when everything is all said and done. (I was planning on using the half hour to write up the summary, but stuff happens.)

2) Before everyone continues in whatever way they wish to, I have this to say. I will ALWAYS push you guys towards the story I have prepared with the information I give you (I'm sure you are all aware of that). I can see some of you are more intent on following the story than others, and some are just undecided. By all means, give me a run for my money! This is a game, and I plan a story for it. What I can't plan on, is how each one of you react. That makes it a game for me ! So, the information I give you will always hint at what I want you to do. That being said, I will (often) purposefully leave somethings vague so as to inspire impromptu scenarios on myself and/or you guys.

3) Seeing as I won't get to it until tonight. Feel free to continue posting. Just bear in mind that this WILL be done tonight barring some incredible medical emergency, and that regardless of whereever I lead you, feel free to fight back 8^p

4) If there is still discussion at that time (part of the reason I'm not doing a quick summary now) I can extend it as well. However, I hope to end this soon. If there are questions/question spells pending, I might extend it a few hours to ensure accurate actions. Unless otherwise noted from the user. How about this: For the remainder of this round, If anyone decides to cast a scrying or surveying or other informational spell; post whether or not you need an answer before I close the round. If you don't, I can close teh round with no hassle. If you do, I can answer ASAP and close after ample time has been given.

5) For sake of directions for surveying and scouting and such. I will be using North to refer to as facing the mountain. East and West are Right and Left respectively from facing the mountain. South is away from the mountain. Remember, you came from the south.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Edit: My boar would be humanoid if that is cool. Which of course it is. What is cooler than a hairy man with a snout?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Posted story in OP.

This "audition" round will last 72 hours (roughly Saturday night/ Sunday morning). If things dies down, I might end it earlier at about 50 to 60 ish hours.

Get set! GO!

Remember,
1) Make your character.
2) Tell me what you do.

This will determine who participates as a player, and who participates as an NPC. Choose wisely (even though you don't know what it is!)
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Karpos, the Drunkard |
Creature - Human Wizard
Level up   [1/2]
[1-2] : Reveal a sorcery card in your hand, you may cast that spell for less. [2/3]
[3+] : Reveal your hand, you deal damage to target player or creature for each sorcery revealed this way, and gain that much life. [3/4]
"Eldrazi, wonderful beaches, harsh jungles? This world is filled with amazing sights to see..."

Journal Entry 1
Dear Reader,

It would seem my old drinking buddy Rauv has gotten my into trouble with one of his wild adventures again. I do enjoy the blokes outdoor expeditions and sometimes the indoors ones as well. But I detest what he's done to me. Sure he bragged that this trip would bring riches to me; riches surely that would buy this old man alot of drinks and allow me to travel to a nice place, but the drudge left me down here with an eldrazi and spider on my heels. Luckily I outsmarted the two oversized twits by finding a crawlspace to a hidden small room. This looks like some to be a place where people would meet each other and have good chat by the looks of it's funiture. I do hope the crumbling door on the far side of the room will lead me out of this mess. There's a few skeletons in this meeting room with me if they had flesh on their bone you might of imagined that I barged in on their meeting. The skeletons seem to be sitting here for some time, probably from the era of when this ruin was built. The skeletons lack much of anything but a dreary effect to the atsmosphere, one of them has a wand and another is sleeping on a book, but I have no interest in a wand at all, as I'm more found of a staff since it does help me move around easier. I've decided to try to take a peek at the book over the shoulder of the skeleton that's sleeping on it; who knows it might teach this old dog something new, and if I can't understand it I'll just leave it for the creature. In the end I do intend try to make my way out of this infernal place and give that Rauv what's coming to him for leaving me here. But who know's maybe I can find a staff like Rauv picked up.

                                                                                                Sincerly, Karpos
P.S. I do hope Rauv makes it out, I'd hate to lose a drinking buddy of mine.


Bio: Karpos the wizard, a happy go lucky drunk that is well in his years. Karpos is usually a nice guy but when he has a few too drinks he has  a dark side to him, usually resulting in a over the top prank. He likes adventures for the sights that he will see, and his biggest dream is to see a world that he will never forget, even in death. Where there is danger Karpos will usually stand his ground, but if the threat proves to much to handle he'll gladly flee the battlefield to fight another day.
Cool, part 2 of this.

In. Bookmarked.

Hmm, not so good with the Eldrazi block lore and stuff.

Adventuring Blinkmage -
Creature - Human Wizard
Vigilance
: Remove target creature from combat.
, : Exile target creature you control. Then, return it to the battlefield at end of turn.
After he had obtained a proficient handling of the arcane arts, he became an adventurer, seeking the thrills of adventures and the riches of hidden treasures.
2/2

==========

Be a treasure hunter they say, the job is dangerous but it pays well they say. That is assuming you managed to get anything of value that is. I have known people who got so rich off an ancient artifact or two and have retired since, Pfft, if I be so fortunate. Most of the time, I be happy not ending up dead somewhere.

So far, the ratio of danger to rewards is like a thousand to one.

Can't say I hate it though, since life would be pretty dull otherwise.  After all, what is an adventure without any danger?

Well, at least I am safe for now in this room. I am pretty sure Rauv will be fine too. We have gotten out of even stickier situations before.

I held my breathe and waited for the Eldrazi to pass.

I felt its presence went by a short moment later.

Then, I turned my attention to the artifacts in the room. I am not an artificer but you learn a thing of two in this profession, as least enough to determine a rough value and purpose. In addition, delving into the arcane arts had granted me further insight to any magic that might reside in these artifacts.

Cautiously, I picked them up and inspected them.

=========
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
This looks fun.

Remember,
1) Make your character.
2) Tell me what you do.


Hey altimis, could you be more specific about point #2? Do you mean I should provide a backstory for my character?
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
1) Design a creature card, which will be your character. It cannot be legendary, it cannot be more than 3 colors. Sorry, if that part wasn't clear. Your character is a creature card (that follows the criteria.) Backstory is more than acceptable as well!

2) Your character has just (hopfully) escaped the pursuing eldrazi. (S)he has come across a long forgotten room. Pretend it was you. What would you do? Give me a brief explanation of what the next ten or so minutes of your life would look like.
Would you investigate? Look at anything, touch anything, smell, taste... use your senses?
Would you search for loot? Pick pockets? Steal (though they are dead)?
Would you simply leave once the eldrazi passes?

Mostly, what would you do given the situation that you're in? Again, within about 10 or so minutes...
Bare minimum would be a creature card that represents you, and a sentence or two. The most I'm looking for is probably a paragraph. But there's no exact limit for it.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
I am super busy these days, but I want to play, I can post sunday morning (european time), hope that will be in time.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Bala Ged Exhumer --
Creature - Human Shaman Ally
Level up  [1/2]
[1-2] : Return a permanent card at random from your graveyard to its owner's hand. [2/3]
[3+] : Return a permanent card at random from your graveyard to the battlefield. [3/4]
"Ruins, tombs, crypts, abandoned temples? There's always something of value there..."

Breathing as silently as possible, the cloaked figure stuck to the wall of the dusty room as closely as he could, trying to evade his pursuers. Outside the room, he could hear the scuttling of a creature getting louder and stopping. He imagined pincers, hairy legs, poisonous fangs and felt sick and dizzy - until he could hear the creeping and scuttling subside, as if the arachnine monster had found other prey in the temple tunnels.

Relieved, he turned his attention to the room. Rauv would be far off now. But this place looked promising. He circled the wooden table, sizing up the skeletons in the chairs, the wand and the book... what if it contained secrets, instructions, directions even, to even more riches and treasure? With trembling fingers, taking care not to disturb the skeletal remains, the figure slid the book off the table and into his hands. Blowing the dust off the pages, he sat down on the floor and started skimming through the tome...

ceci n'est pas une signature.

Oh here it is!
Actually nevermind, I won't play. I can't be as active and my timezone is terrible anyway, most of you are american and I'm asleep when you are active.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
fixed my entry so it would actually have a card lol.
Who?
Erlundi Guard

Creature - Minotaur Warrior

At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent gains control of another target permanent you control.

"Combat is more than just about making enemies."
Teaching of Zedruu the Greathearted

5/5

This guy (unamed as legendary and hereafter referred to as Guy), orginally comes from Erlundi on a plane far away from Zendikar. Erlundi, is the home of Zedruu (that EDH commander). While Zedruu was non-combative, other members of her extended family are such as Guy. So, how did he arrive on Zendikar? Glad you asked.

Nissa Revane, an elven planeswalker, left Zendikar to find help to combat the Eldrazi menace she had released. While she could not find Sorin, she did find the Erlundi people and Zedruu seeking an alliance with Nissa, a powerful entity, agreed to send troops to fight the Eldrazi with her.

A group of highly trained and well armed men then travelled to Zendikar, protected by Nissa to fight the Eldrazi. Guy was one of the men sent.

Guy was seperated from the rest of his group and forged an alliance with a local treasure hunter named Rauv. While Rauv's goals are purefully finacial, he was more concerned with finding a potential weapon to bring down the Eldrazi. The Eldrazi came from the ground and so must their weakness. How were by trapped under ground for all that time? Is there a weapon that could be used agaisnt them in one of these underground temples?

Adventure awaits...


What?
You see an ancient room that seemed to be used for diplomatic meetings or similar. A door exists, but has crumbled over time, and collapsed with rocks. In the center of the room resides a large wooden table with a circular shape. It is surrounded by eight chairs, each one sits a skeleton. One of the skeletons is hunched over an open book, another is holding what used to be a wand. The entire room is littered with dust.

I pause with my back to the wall and eyes glued to the entrance, breathing deeply after the chase.

I hear the beat of my heart, my deep breaths in and out, the drip of water somewhere else in these catacombs, the stomp of the Eldrazi in the distance and the whistle of the air passing through this place.

Wait... A breeze...?

I peer caustiously around, the air smells thick with dust masking anything helpful. There are no beams of sunlight that I can see, so I'm not near the surface. The breeze appears to be coming from the upper right corner of this room.

*Click*

My head turns quickly to the door. I guess the spider is not far behind. I carefully extract the chairs from under the skeletons and quickly barricade the door.

I now turn my attention to the wand and book held by the skeletons I moved. The book is thick and covered in dust. I blow off the dust on the cover to look at the title. What was this book for?

I examine the wand. What wood is it made of? I examine the book further. What information does it hold?
Edit: My boar would be humanoid if that is cool. Which of course it is. What is cooler than a hairy man with a snout?



As long as the boar is humanoid and able to communicate without difficulty and can survive in usual conditions. You can do it.
My worries are about the Merfolk that had to carry a bucket of water around to breathe. Very inhibiting. Is acceptable usually, but for this adventure, that character probably wouldn't have made it even this far.

@Fenix. I find myself very accomodating if you do want to play. Just let me know.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Creature - Human Shaman Ally



I feel like a Shaman would better fall under the warrior (usually being creature related). I'll take a scour of the gatherer later and see if I can come up with an ability for it. Top two contenders are similar to the Warrior or the Wizard.

Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.


The Character


Show
Malakir Hemomage
Creature - Vampire Wizard
Lifelink
Whenever Malakir Hemomage deals combat damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Malakir Hemomage: Malakir Hemomage deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
3/3

Among the vampires of Guul Draz, their food is yet another bygone luxury. A simple pleasure they revel and feast upon. To a hemomancer, however, blood is not merely food, but a potent weapon or even art. They strive to utilize the liquid not merely as a food, but as a true resource.


The Actions


Show
A dark robed figure, hands unusually pale, a pointed fang slipping from one corner of an open mouth. A figure not many would approach. So it was then surprising when the human named Rauv had approached him several months ago. At first, he contemplated merely using the fool for blood. For what glorious blood he sensed. It was always better to take on courageous foes, rather than hunting the snivelling cowards that most of his brethren preferred. And so he joined the human for some outlandish treasure hunting expedition. Much to his surprise, Rauv grew on him, and they ended up partners of sorts.

But when he had joined Rauv, he certainly hadn't expected to one day run for his life from an eldrazi and a gargantuan arachnid, oh no. And he hadn't had time to... acquisition some blood for use in his magics. 


But that didn't mean he was helpless. Inside this long forgotten room he was safe- for the moment. And perhaps in that time he might be able to find Rauv. He hadn't forgotten the absolutely delicious scent that Rauv's blood had, oh no. In combination with a few tricks he had learned from the pulse trackers (boring savages, but insightful none the less), perhaps he might ascertain his ally's position, or whether he was still alive.


He inhaled deeply, and smelled dust, mold, and then, for a brief moment, the scintillating scent of adrenaline fueled blood. So his friend was alive, yes. For now, he would work on figuring out this room.


The hemomage moves over to examine the ancient book.

1)

Igneous Ivorite
Creature - Boar Monk
Lifelink
Whenever a player gains life, Igneous Ivorite deals that much damage to that player.

"The path to enlightenment is paved with skulls."

3/3


2)

My tusks tingle as I inhale the room. It does not seem to contain sustenance, however: One can never be too sure. I direct my squinting eyes at the table, to see if these dead men left me dinner.

(That's all I got, because whether or not there is food on the table is pivotal for my character)

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

Lifelink
Whenever Malakir Hemomage deals damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Malakir Hemomage: Malakir Hemomage deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
3/3

Among the vampires of Guul Draz, their food is yet another bygone luxury. A simple pleasure they revel and feast upon. To a hemomancer, however, blood is not merely food, but a potent weapon or even art. They strive to utilize the liquid not merely as a food, but as a true resource.




Not that this is important to the story, but you do know that this is infinite right? I'm assuming the first ability is "combat damage"?
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
It was supposed to be, yeah. Originally I had the second one remove 2 counters but I decided to change it because that felt a little strange considering Deathbringer Thoctar. I thought I edited the first half but I guess I didn't, doing that now.
It was supposed to be, yeah. Originally I had the second one remove 2 counters but I decided to change it because that felt a little strange considering Deathbringer Thoctar. I thought I edited the first half but I guess I didn't, doing that now.



That's fine, I just wanted to be sure.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Aww man the story's on Zendikar? I had the beginnings of an elaborate backstory for my gambling addicted Izzet outcast goblin penned out on the back of my school notes. Maybe I can still swing it...

My dude:
Experiment Fodder :R::U:
Creature - Goblin Wizard [u]
Haste
Whenever ~ attacks you may flip a coin. If you win the coin flip draw a card and if you lose the flip discard a card.
2/1
"Try to stay alive long enough that I can get some decent data okay?" - Magelord Skiz
Show

Hobwor Zatch was just your average everday ordinary intellectually enhanced Izzet experiment goblin. Selectively bred and trained from birth to possess a rational mind fit for being experimented upon. Life was exciting, if dangerous and there was always the slim chace that if Hobwor played his cards right he could move up the ranks and become more than experiment fodder.. he could become an assistant! Hobwor's penchant for obssesive mathematical analysis and obsesive compulsive disorder endeared him to the magelord he laboured for and he found himself in the control group for dangerous experiments far more often than was probable. Thus Hobwor came to the logical conclusion that he was more than averagely lucky. The evidence backed him up didn't it?
THis beleif came back to bite him when magelord Skiz began his risk/reward experimentations, for you see Hobwor Zatch was the first goblin or Ravnica to use a slot machine. Esteemed Magelord Skiz's Perflectly Randomized Cylindrical Risk/Reward Stimuli Output Device enthralled the poor goblin. The spinning wheels, the mathemeatics, the tension of waited not to see whether you would explode in a fireball but win a prize? It was like nothing Hobwor had ever experienced before! Even after Zatch added more and more chance of new and deadly outcomes the little guy just couldn't break away from his new toy.
      After four months Zatch abandoned the experiment to explore the effects of magnets on weather magic and Hobwor, deprived of his precious machine fell into despondance. One night he made off with an early prototype, found an abandoned storehouse and plunked himself down to enjoy his new treasure. He spent a full week putting coins into the machine, whapping the foot pedal, collecting the coins out of the back of the machine, putting the coins into the machine, whapping the foot pedal and starting all over when he just dissapeared from Ravnica all together. He just hit the jackpot, passed out from malnutrition and found himself in a strange new world. Good, Hobwor never liked Ravnica anyway. Only problem is he's missing his gambling machine and he can't find a way to get back to it... Zendikari gambling just isn't up to snuff (and the money runs out too quickly) and Hobwor is determined to get back to his machine. The only feasible way to do this appears to be through the lost treasures of these Eldrazi people. Perhaps he should seek out this Rauv fellow who's always looking for help raiding their tombs.

Yeah the slot machine bit's pushing it but I can just change that to regular tavern dice swindlers if need be. Heck I could even make him a Zendikar native, if I didn't aleready have a convoluted backstory I would've done that to begin with. The hint at planeswalking is bweing kept ambigous until I decided whether he's just a summoned creature or not.


What I do
Show
Wands are statistically more valuable than anything else in this place. I make a beeline for it! If the fastest way to get there is by hopping onto the table and runniong on top of it I'll do that, I don't care!
Kazandu Protector
Creature- Kor Soldier
Prevent all damage dealt by sources you control this turn: ~ is indestructable until end of turn.
2/1

I am a soldier. I was told to protect a man called Rauv. He pays well. He went on an expedition to loot and pillage. I came with him. An Eldrazi and a spider attacked us. I tried to help him. He went the wrong way. He is probably gone. I have failed in this. But I found a room, a save haven. I set an arrow trap on the outside with some of my magic. I locked the door with some more. I waited.
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
Creature - Human Shaman Ally



I feel like a Shaman would better fall under the warrior (usually being creature related). I'll take a scour of the gatherer later and see if I can come up with an ability for it. Top two contenders are similar to the Warrior or the Wizard.


What about giving Shamans the ability to change a colorless mana every turn to a colored mana of any color? Just a thought. Basically it would give Shamans the opportunity to create off-color spells, but only with a single colored mana? After all, many Shaman fix mana too - or maybe I'm thinking about druids... Maybe make a new category with Druids and Shamans?

My 2 cents.

ceci n'est pas une signature.

Creature - Human Shaman Ally



I feel like a Shaman would better fall under the warrior (usually being creature related). I'll take a scour of the gatherer later and see if I can come up with an ability for it. Top two contenders are similar to the Warrior or the Wizard.


What about giving Shamans the ability to change a colorless mana every turn to a colored mana of any color? Just a thought. Basically it would give Shamans the opportunity to create off-color spells, but only with a single colored mana? After all, many Shaman fix mana too - or maybe I'm thinking about druids... Maybe make a new category with Druids and Shamans?

My 2 cents.



I was actually thinking that, because newer shamans tend to fix mana. Wild Cantor, Somberwal Shaman etc.

I like that. But I'll say you can make another color, from colored mana. (For now... I mean off color spells are very good [I think])

NEW CLASSES:
Shaman, Druid, Spellshaper -
You may make off color spells. You may change one color of colored mana you have to any other color.


Yes, I put spellshaper here instead of with wizards, because spellshapers are about turning one thing into another.
Spellshapers will probably get their own ability once I can think of something cool. Otherwise, they transform mana.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
I promise not to write that much in the future. Also all my characters will be natives of the local plane unless I have an actual good reason to do otherwise.
I promise not to write that much in the future. Also all my characters will be natives of the local plane unless I have an actual good reason to do otherwise.


No worries.

For everyone, this is the just about 24 hour warning.
It'll be about 20 hours before I close this.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
[sblock Submission][sblock Fluff]Mown's arrival to Zendikar was as old and uncertain as his age, and his attempts to store them has all been futile. Memories have long been gone, and journals lost in paperwork. The workspace he worked in was flooded with recipes of potions, scrolls of lore and tomes of spellcraft. With little concern for the real world, the kithkin often spent his time alone in his hut, trying his best to make minor alterations to it. He had always been facinated by objects with magical qualities, and Zendikar proved to have vast potential. Despite not being the adventurous type, his curiosity weighted far more.[/sblock]

[sblock Adventure]Rauv was not one he held with high regards, and were it not for his uncanny ability to travel into all sorts of curiosities, probably not one he would accompany on a trip. And as usual, the minute figure found himself in a room with boundless fascination. His traveling companion had long since traveled out of his mind, and if Mown was in luck, the cave would occupy his attention span long enough to where another adventure would prove unnecessary.[/sblock]

[sblock Action]With careful steps, the kithkin approached the table. However, he was not blinded by the dazzling display of history in front of him. He was on Zendikar, after all. Before approaching the book that lies upon the table, he spends his time ensuring the room doesn't contain any traps, and attempts to trace any magical residue in the room.[/sblock]

[sblock Card]Ballynock Beguiler
Creature - Kithkin Wizard
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell, you may tap or untap target permanent.
Reality only matches of a paranoid's.
1/3[/sblock]

[sblock Appearance]
Bearing a rather bland look, the majority of his body is covered in a heavy robe in earthly brown. A black rope helps keep it in place for what otherwise looks to be a size too large. With plenty of room, it's always filled with a quill and paper, in addition to a few handy herbs. His feet is covered in comfortable shoes without any noticable features.

Mown's gray hair spikes backwards with significant curves. His facial features are sharp, with a pointy nose and ears. A minor moustache and lengthy eyebrows have considerable thickness for his apparent age. His face rarely bears an expression that doesn't carry a hint of scepticism.
[/sblock][/sblock]

1) I just called him Mown for ease on everyone else's part.
2) Making him green might sound like a cheap meta-gaming choice, but I sort of like it for an illusionist. In addition, I'm primarily going to cast blue spells, green is if I either want to brew potions, or make something more tangible. I'm not expecting to do either too often. At least I don't intend to.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

[sblock Submission][sblock Fluff]Mown's arrival to Zendikar was as old and uncertain as his age, and his attempts to store them has all been futile. Memories have long been gone, and journals lost in paperwork. The workspace he worked in was flooded with recipes of potions, scrolls of lore and tomes of spellcraft. With little concern for the real world, the kithkin often spent his time alone in his hut, trying his best to make minor alterations to it. He had always been facinated by objects with magical qualities, and Zendikar proved to have vast potential. Despite not being the adventurous type, his curiosity weighted far more.[/sblock]

[sblock Adventure]Rauv was not one he held with high regards, and were it not for his uncanny ability to travel into all sorts of curiosities, probably not one he would accompany on a trip. And as usual, the minute figure found himself in a room with boundless fascination. His traveling companion had long since traveled out of his mind, and if Mown was in luck, the cave would occupy his attention span long enough to where another adventure would prove unnecessary.[/sblock]

[sblock Action]With careful steps, the kithkin approached the table. However, he was not blinded by the dazzling display of history in front of him. He was on Zendikar, after all. Before approaching the book that lies upon the table, he spends his time ensuring the room doesn't contain any traps, and attempts to trace any magical residue in the room.[/sblock]

[sblock Card]Ballynock Beguiler
Creature - Kithkin Wizard
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell, you may tap or untap target permanent.
Reality only matches of a paranoid's.
1/3[/sblock][/sblock]

1) I just called him Mown for ease on everyone else's part.
2) Making him green might sound like a cheap meta-gaming choice, but I sort of like it for an illusionist. In addition, I'm primarily going to cast blue spells, green is if I either want to brew potions, or make something more tangible. I'm not expecting to do either too often. At least I don't intend to.



Green?
(Just making sure...)
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.

2) Making him green might sound like a cheap meta-gaming choice



Green?
(Just making sure...)


Yes.
Considered Red too, for direct damage, but that didn't feel right.

Not entirely sure why I'm so hellbent on playing a Kithkin, I'm just dreaming of what would happen if there came along another one to thoughtweft with.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

But he's not green... as of now he's mono-blue?
The way you stated your explanation made it sound like you wanted him to be both Blue and Green.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
2 color decks are easy to build
But he's not green... as of now he's mono-blue?
The way you stated your explanation made it sound like you wanted him to be both Blue and Green.


He has a little green dot next to his type line. So he's actually monogreen.
Technically, he could probably be UG, but since I want to play an illusionist (the same one), it sort of fits.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

But he's not green... as of now he's mono-blue?
The way you stated your explanation made it sound like you wanted him to be both Blue and Green.


He has a little green dot next to his type line. So he's actually monogreen.
Technically, he could probably be UG, but since I want to play an illusionist (the same one), it sort of fits.


Yup! I see it now.
I missed that. My apologies.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Yup! I see it now.
I missed that. My apologies.


Well, it's fairly easy to miss, so I should probably have had some reminder text or such.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I'll write my bio when I get home, at about 6 or so Mountain time. I'm playing a concert, but I want to play, so all my shirt will be up later tonight.

Kor Healer

Creature -- Kor Druid

Lifelink

Whenever you tap a plains for mana, gain 1 life.

1/4

shouldn't life gain be green ? Stream of Life

Life Rivulets Enchantment
: target player gain 1 life
~interdependency supports all life
I updated the participants list on post 2.
Post 3 will be the current story post
Post 4 is undecided

For participants on post 2 i made some minor changes usually wording/position etc. HOWEVER, magicpablo666, I made the change to your creature saying "an opponent" in place of a player so as to prevent the game from stopping itself in an infinite loop (figures you'd be the one 8^p).

I put Monk in with the Berserker, Barbarian class.

Double check to make sure I haven't made any errors.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Actually, I can not participate. 
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah