[GTC-ICD] Leyline Phantom

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, opposite Zephyr Spirit?
Just awful nothing else to say.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

 

I liked the M12 Illusion ability better
this is very meh
proud member of the 2011 community team
Should be very good in limited. Anti-synergy with cipher but a pretty damn good beater and evolve enabler for the long drawn out games.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Because Zephyr Spirit was everyone's favorite card.

Insane with Evolve though. 

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

I wouldn't play this even in limited. 5/5 for 5 with crap tempo.
Puresteel players unite! [Archetype] PURESTEEL
For limited, I like it.



Certainly better than Havengul Skaab
Only thing interesting about this card is the flavor text, which has Jace talking about the dragon's maze.
Just awful nothing else to say.



For once I am forced to agree with you.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Goes into limited evolve decks. Big and beafy enough to pull it's own weight, and the drawback can be taken advantage of. I will run this, most likely.
I'd run 1 in a limited deck.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

good for simic, bad for dimir.

next =3 
Got me by 14secs on that one, Metallix!
Were this guy and Thrull Parasite hiding out in the Card Image Gallery or something? I missed them completely.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Would this maze me the Dragon's Maze? Also, what guild does it belong in?
http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg
Got me by 14secs on that one, Metallix!
Were this guy and Thrull Parasite hiding out in the Card Image Gallery or something? I missed them completely.


Yes. I actually refreshed a few times to make sure you didn't post them up before me!
Obv Obv hinting about return of Leylines in Dragon's Maze.

and by leylines I mean more for the Magemark cycle. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Saw the title and hoped this would be a creature that began in play if it was in your opening hand. How disappointing.
limited trick with evolve...hopefully theres better.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Beat and sweep?
Saw the title and hoped this would be a creature that began in play if it was in your opening hand. How disappointing.



I feel your pain. Maybe next time...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Beat and sweep?


Frontline Medic seems a bit better for that...
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
give him double strike just for lols
This would have been decent at . But blue isn't supposed to be the creature color though it has certainly given us some good creatures in the past.

So five mana for a 5/5 that can something once, before having to be replayed.  Yeah, I really doubt I'll be happy running this one.  I can see it making it into a deck as my 22nd or 23rd card if I am feeling really defensive but... have you seen the Gruul cards?  I think being Defensive will equal death.
This would have been decent at . But blue isn't supposed to be the creature color though it has certainly given us some good creatures in the past.



Its balanced for limited play more than likely.  Given its synergy with Evolve, it would be a bonkers card as it can block pretty much anything on turn 3-6 with easy, destroy the creature in the process, return it to your hand, cast it and evolve.  It would be crazy good in GTC limited if it were 3 cmc.  At 5 cmc it could be a 1-of in Simic as a mid-game evolve enabler/Board beatstick.  But not something I'd pick very highly at that.
So five mana for a 5/5 defender that can hit once, before having to be replayed.  Yeah, I really doubt I'll be happy running this one.  I can see it making it into a deck as my 22nd or 23rd card if I am feeling really defensive but... have you seen the Gruul cards?  I think being Defensive will equal death.



I think they *really* wanted something like this for Simic, and thought it wouldd be a good idea, but having it efficiently costed in limited would create super-simic powerhouses way to fast.  In other formats this should probably cost 4 cmc for a common(More likely uncommon), but in this format where the guild it will be used for benefits from such an ability, it just wouldn't have been doable at that cost.
Because Zephyr Spirit was everyone's favorite card.


It had it's own fan club in these here parts for a while .
Zammm = Batman. Bronies unite. "I'd call you a genius, but I'm in the room."
It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.
Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Saw the title and hoped this would be a creature that began in play if it was in your opening hand. How disappointing.


This.
Rules Nut Advisor
Saw the title and hoped this would be a creature that began in play if it was in your opening hand. How disappointing.


This.


How relieving, rather.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Saw the title and hoped this would be a creature that began in play if it was in your opening hand. How disappointing.


This.


How relieving, rather.


Relieving? You'd rather we got this thing?
Than a Leyline of Fat? Yeah... It would either be super terrible (1/1) or degenerate (especially in limited, but possibly in constructed as well).
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)

Yeah, I was expecting something to do with the actual leylines.


Maybe leyline reprints in DGM? Something to do with the maze? Looked up "leyline" to affirm the definition:

'a
 supposed straight line connecting three or more prehistoric or ancient sites'

sounds interesting enough 
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Than a Leyline of Fat? Yeah... It would either be super terrible (1/1) or degenerate (especially in limited, but possibly in constructed as well).


It would undoubtedly be a 1/1. Anything else would be ridiculous. But a 1/1 doesn't have to be terrible depending on what other abilities it has.
Mostly meant as an Evolve enabler.

Turn 6: Prime Speaker Zegana draw 6.
It would undoubtedly be a 1/1. Anything else would be ridiculous. But a 1/1 doesn't have to be terrible depending on what other abilities it has.


Any leyline creature would effectively be a conditional haste creature for . That doesn't seem unfair compared to Memnite for a 1/1, or it could be a Defender, akin to Shield Sphere.
Neat flavor-card tailored for limited. Possibly to drill ":U: doesn't get the best creatures, but Simic does, because Simic is different than both :U: and :G:".
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Can someone write the information down. Iam looking at this on my phone and it will only let me see half the card
You have climbed your way to the top. You are now among the multivers' elite. Welcome to the Orzhov Syndicate.
You have climbed your way to the top. You are now among the multivers' elite. Welcome to the Orzhov Syndicate.
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Maybe if it had the leyline ability.  As is, it's kinda bad. 
Meh.

At least it is another Illusion.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."