[GTC-ICD] Thrull Parasite

64 posts / 0 new
Last post
anti-Planeswalker?
proud member of the 2011 community team
anti-Planeswalker?

Anti Simic.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Huh. Doesn't seem very good, but it's intriguing.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Anti-both. That's not bad at all!
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
looks terrible.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Love it. Solid one-drop.
I would have never thought we would see a 1-drop with Extort.

The removing of counters is pretty good in limited against simic.
Beautiful!
Let's all draw the game with Divine Intervention for 4 life!
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)

can you remove the counter from undying creatures to give them a third life?

On geralf's messenger, lol.
If this card sees play it is for the cheap Extort, not the tap ability.
The "nonland" part killed it for me. Messes with planeswalkers, +1/+1 counters, etc, but won't help me with Dark Depths? Sadness.

yes, yes you can
That's...interesting.

But ultimately probably not constructed playable I'm thinking.  Elvish Lyrist wasn't much of a constructed card, but Ronom Unicorn was.  Why?  Because Lyrist is affected by Summoning sickness.

This is no Vampire Hexmage

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

I like it. I don't think it's going to break constructed, but it looks interesting.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

yes, yes you can

oh my, that other one required green, but this one makes monoblack zombies fun =3

I will see play for both. The in-color synergy with undying is too good to ignore, and the extort is nice bonus.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)

yes, yes you can

oh my, that other one required green, but this one makes monoblack zombies fun =3

you can also extort whenever bringing back a gravecrawler, yes?
That's...interesting.

But ultimately probably not constructed playable I'm thinking.  Elvish Lyrist wasn't much of a constructed card, but Ronom Unicorn was.  Why?  Because Lyrist is affected by Summoning sickness.

This is no Vampire Hexmage

but this can have lots of fun in self-kill undying blood artist/zombie decks. It gives an extra 1 or 2 or 3 damage per turn just for being there. =3

I will see play for both. The in-color synergy with undying is too good to ignore, and the extort is nice bonus.

kind of agree. With gerlf's messenger alone it's worthwhile. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project

yes, yes you can

yes, because you cast it
Reassembling Skeleton for example would not allow you to Extort, since it is an activated ability

yes, yes you can

Yes, 'cause you cast it from the grave.

EDIT: Ninja'd 
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

uncommon too  

=D
Sac from Liliana of the Veil?  Sure!  Let me eat that last counter for you though...
Won't be surprised if this is played.
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
This has constructed playability written all over it. Synergy with zombies as noted, and extort will not be irrelevant, acting as a mini-Blood Artist. Plus you get to randomly hose planeswalkers and +1/+1 counters...yeah. I like it.
Yeh this might see play after reading it again it has some relevance in eternal formats.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Oooh, almost looks like we are seeing a cycle of 1-drops with guild mechanics at uncommon. Can't wait for the Gruul one; it will probably be 1/1 trampler with bloodrush for 1. 1 drop cipher sorcery would be very interesting as well; probably going to be the curiosity card that there was some speculation about. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Boros, :W: Boros Elite
Simic, :G: Experiment One
Orzhov, :B: Thrull Parasite
Grull, :R: 1/1 trampler bloodrush for :R: or :rgm: seems a little unlikely with the :R::G: bloodrush trampler that was just spoiled, but trample is so wet with bloodrush that it very well may be this. other than that, double strike? haste?
Dimir, :U:, sorcery draw a card, cipher 

You heard it here, folks. 
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
This can combo with Fathom Mage in a BUG deck. Keep removing +1/+1 counters then place more and keep drawing cards.

Wow I quite like this one. Seems super good.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Yeah... anybody saying this is bad is underestimating the power of Extort.  This will be insane in limited.  We've now seen one, two and three drop Extorters.

Possibly this will be used in constructed, though I won't claim to know much about that. 
In flavor sense, the 2 life which means a total of removing 10 counters equates to like self inflicted poison counters.

A cheap 1 drop Thrull that can be used as fodder for Soul Exchange.
Something tells me this card is a much better enabler than I can see at face value. I think having to tap to remove counters is a bit of a put-off, since being able to :B: Fireball planeswalkers and evolving creatures isn't too powerful, but would be nifty.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but about Extort...

If I have three creatures with Extort on the board, can I pay a single mana to have all three of them activate and gain me 3 life while costing my opponent 3? Or do I have to pay one mana for each?

Thanks.

I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but about Extort...

If I have three creatures with Extort on the board, can I pay a single mana to have all three of them activate and gain me 3 life while costing my opponent 3? Or do I have to pay one mana for each?

Thanks.

you would have to pay 3 mana to activate it 3 times from my understanding, and you can only activated it once per spell cast.
People are looking to much at its pretty meh second ability to realize its upside is being a 1 drop extorter.

Early game if you draw a bunch of these your opponent is going to suffer from any excess mana you have after casting a spell. If you draw him late, as a 1 drop he guarantees you a bunch of excess mana after casting him to use other extorters abilities.
This might see some constructed play.  I mean it's a pretty decent 1 drop.
Think this will see play.

1 drop Extort enabler.

Resets Undying.

Screws with PWs.

Screws with Evolve.

Interesting card, and I like the art as well.

Like the name too, call back to Hex Parasite.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
It's a revant enough 1-drop to be played.  It'll be tech support for any deck running undying with an added bonus if you find yourself with extra mana.  In limited, both abilities are very useful, and could come in handy.

Once block draft starts, it'll be a good turn-1 against Rakdos methinks as well.

So not write home to mom about, but carries its weight quite well.
Neat, it pays for its own ability with Extort.
this is an awesome card for sure.
Sign In to post comments