Guideline to create level 14 characters

Is there any guidelines how to equip level 14 characters ? I'm about to playtest the high level adventure WotC provided in the last package and I'd like to make sure the PCs are build and equiped correctly.
Give each character around 2k gold, no magic items other than those with costs listed in the equipment PDF, and dive into the adventure - the party will even do well.

There are no official guidelines as of yet, but the number I have mentioned above is slightly higher (1,875 is the actual number) than what the DM guidelines gives as a suggestion for "middle of the road" amounts of treasure assuming the party has reached their current XP levels by way of numerous "average" encounters.

ATTENTION:  If while reading my post you find yourself thinking "Either this guy is being sarcastic, or he is an idiot," do please assume that I am an idiot. It makes reading your replies more entertaining. If, however, you find yourself hoping that I am not being even remotely serious then you are very likely correct as I find irreverence and being ridiculous to be relaxing.

You might want to give anyone who is supposed to fight with weapons a magic weapon. One of the encounters involves creatures that are immune to normal weapons and almost all spells.

Or just let them go in ther and realize that not all fights can be won.
You might want to give anyone who is supposed to fight with weapons a magic weapon. One of the encounters involves creatures that are immune to normal weapons and almost all spells.

Or just let them go in ther and realize that not all fights can be won.

Also, strategic use of stone to flesh or adamantine weapons can help with that same encounter and not change how other encounters go down.

ATTENTION:  If while reading my post you find yourself thinking "Either this guy is being sarcastic, or he is an idiot," do please assume that I am an idiot. It makes reading your replies more entertaining. If, however, you find yourself hoping that I am not being even remotely serious then you are very likely correct as I find irreverence and being ridiculous to be relaxing.

I added up all the loot from Caves of Chaos and Isle of Dread.  Over the course of going from level 1 to 7, a 4 person party would make 104,480gp, about 26120 each, and the following loot: 

13potions
6scrolls
3+1 shields
2+1 longswords
6+1 arrows
1+1 banded armor
3magic rings
1+1 splint armor
1+1 spear
1+1 mace
1+1 short sword

So, that is quite a bit of magic items and loot.  Going at that pace, a L14 character would have some legendary items (Mud Sorcerer's Tomb drops many).

Mud Sroc Tomb loot:  Rod of absorption, Necklace of strangulation, Belt of masculinity, Gauntlets of fumbling, gem of seeing, Staff of earth and stone, Ring of wizardry, frost brand longsword, deep red sphere ioun stone, pale lavender ellipsoid ioun stone, +1 shield, +1 shortsword, +1 Splint mail, Staff with permanent light,  20 scrolls, and 14 potions.