Help build a Mage/illusionist!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello all. Thats my first time posting here, although i visit this site regularly. I am new to dnd 4e and i would like some help.

We will start a new campaign soon , and i used to play a wizzard back ine 3/3.5/pathfinder.
I decided to go with an illusionist as a controler because i liked the mage class.
The thing is:

1. are there any spell combos? i try to figure some but i cant !
2. is an illusionist a good controler?
3. which school is good for the second specialization?

I am open to everything . I am not experienced in 4e. We will use all materials on 4 e and dragon.
Thank you! I check them both before i post here.
The handbook really was helpfull, but still i cant manage to find spell combos. A friend told me that the 4e is combat based and its not like the other versions of dnd when it comes to magic. But i dont really believe that there is not spell tricks, spell combos , etc.

the mage illusionist was really nice , but i think i prefer nethermancy for second specialization and am not also into human that much
Thank you! I check them both before i post here.
The handbook really was helpfull, but still i cant manage to find spell combos. A friend told me that the 4e is combat based and its not like the other versions of dnd when it comes to magic. But i dont really believe that there is not spell tricks, spell combos , etc.

the mage illusionist was really nice , but i think i prefer nethermancy for second specialization and am not also into human that much

In general, everyone follows the same rules. So in general, you don't cast two attack spells in the same round unless you're spending an action point. And everyone gets action points.

If not into human, just pick out any other +2 to Int-race and lose a feat...humans make pretty good Wizards due to that extra feat. Most Wizards are desperate for feats.
Zone Stacking
Sign In to post comments