Generic Magic

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Generic Magic
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
When ~ enters play choose a keyword ability from target creature of enchanted creatures color, pay 2 mana of the enchanted creatures color.
Enchanted creature has the chosen keyword ability.
Generic Magic -

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature

When ~ enters the battlefield,  choose a keyword ability.

Enchanted creature has the chosen keyword ability as long as another creature you control has that ability. (Keyword abilities are Battle Cry, Defender, Double Strike, Enchant, Equip, Exalted, Fear, First Strike, Flash, Flying, Hexproof, Infect, Intimidate, Landwalk, Lifelink, Protection, Proliferate, Reach, Shroud, Trample, Vigilance, Absorb, Affinity, Amplify, Aura Swap, Bloodthirst, Bushido, Buyback, Champion, Changeling, Convoke, Conspire, Cumulative Upkeep, Cycling, Deathtouch, Delve, Dredge, Echo, Entwine, Epic, Evoke, Flanking, Flashback, Forecast, Fortify, Frenzy, Graft, Haunt, Hideaway, Horsemanship, Imprint, Indestructible, Kicker, Madness, Modular, Morph, Ninjitsu, Offering, Persist, Phasing, Poisonous, Provoke, Prowl, Rampage, Recover, Reinforce, Replicate, Ripple, Shadow, Soulshift, Splice, Split Second, Storm, Gravestorm, Substance, Sunburst, Suspend, Transmute, Transfigure, Vanishing, Wither, Banding, Bands with other, Fading, Landhome.)

Take THAT reminder text.
Also, a lot of those can't be put on creatures (flashback, equip, entwine) or only matter in zones other than the battlefield (kicker, split second, flashback AGAIN, cycling, suspend).

Forecast and imprint are ability words, not keywords. Indestructible (and unblockable) aren't keywords either.

Plus, there are number and cost ones (and affinity). Vanishing is always vanishing NUMBER. Scavenge is always scavenge COST. And affinity is always affinity for PERMANENT TYPE OR SUBTYPE.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Interesting Jahikoi, I'd like to see your approach to the reminder text of Stifle.

Can you give an example bay_falconer where it's possible to do something that should be using either of our wordings?
I gave up on "random keyword" mechanics, but you could do something like:

"Roll a six-sided die. On a 1, target creature gains defender. On a 2, target creature gains vigilance. On a 3, target creature gains flying. On a 4, target creature gains intimidate. On a 5, target creature gains first strike. On a 6, target creature gains trample. This effect only lasts until EOT."

It would be Un, and wouldn't win any elegance contests or make you friends with Spike, but it's doable.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Could even do it with a D20. Using ranges of values for the more common keyword abilities.

My one dosn't use randomness at all.

I feel like I somehow must be missing some of the posts in this thread. I can only see 3 of us talking, but the conservation seems to sugest more participants.
Generic Magic   
Instant
Destroy target creature its controller puts a 1/1 blue spirt token into battlefield.
Target creature you control becomes a copy of that creature until end of turn. Except it retains its own power and toughness and any other abilities it had.
"seems complicated to me" - Drix Malkild, apprintice wizard
destroyed creature or token?
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

inherent Resolve Airstrikes Continue in Syria, Iraq #DOD will not stop calling targets semite terrorist

Could even do it with a D20. Using ranges of values for the more common keyword abilities. My one dosn't use randomness at all. I feel like I somehow must be missing some of the posts in this thread. I can only see 3 of us talking, but the conservation seems to sugest more participants.

Okay, I was thinking of something else, but you'd have to limit yourself to creature keywords that actually matter. (So you can't give a creature devour 2.)
139359831 wrote:

destroyed creature or token?

destroyed. i know its worded funny but i didnt know how to word it better
Another issue is, most players will pick double strike, deathtouch, or hexproof (or protection against monocolored decks). Protection from creatures might be popular next. Followed by flying, lifelink, and vigilance. Every other evergreen keyword has a strictly better variation or (like flash) doesn't matter.
139359831 wrote:
Sign In to post comments