Last post
71235715 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
71235715 wrote:
...I want a Magic cartoon.

That totally deserves its own thread. 

So let's make one. ಠ_ಠ

And then I did.

So, let's talk about a theoretical Magic: the Gathering animated series.

Preffered studios or animation styles? New stories or adaptations? New characters (a la, the Dack Fayden comics) or returning favorites? Preferred voice actors?

I dunno, let's talk!

If anyone more erudite has anything to say, let it be said.
John de Lancie needs to voice Nicol Bolas.

I'd like an animated series to give us the background we have yet to see for some of our planeswalkers, like Sarkhan Vol. TAS could also tell the stories of Tibalt and Tamiyo since they've not had any novel/Uncharted Realms stories.  
Hopefully it will be traditionally animated. CGI would look awful.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
I would want to hold out for something with an impressive budget so we can have nicely animated action sequences a la Boondocks or Korra.

I want it done in the same art style as Samurai Jack or, more recently, Symbionic Titan.  I fully understand if we have to follow the neo-walkers around while they do their things in little mini-arcs, but I'd like to see Karn or Bolas reminisce about the older days every now and again, or have the 'walkers find lost texts that talk about things like the Brothers War and the Invasion.  I can see each episode centering on a different 'walker unless their paths cross in the story for some reason.  That way the show could be kept fresh and people would watch every episode to see which 'walker's story arc we are continuing each day.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

I've thought of a possibilty like this before. Personally, I'd like to see it sort of like the style of the 90's X-Men cartoon, both in terms of animation as well as overall structure. I would want some kind of over-arching storyline, but the show would "break away" occasionally for background story episodes, smaller storylines, and maybe occasionally even classic stories, like Jedit or Dakkon Blackblade or something.

I think a show like that would be awesome.

Shameless Self-Promotion

These are the MTG Fiction pieces I have written:

Planes of the Dual-Walkers
Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers
Numerous poems in The Poetry Plane
Magic: The Musical

Please read and comment! I love hearing people's thoughts and reactions to my work!

I wouldn't mind the kind of pacing that the newer Star Wars:  the Clone Wars cartoon has, where they kind of drop you into a story already in progress after giving you a quick run down and do little mini-arcs every now and again.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

I want it done in the same art style as Samurai Jack or, more recently, Symbionic Titan.  I fully understand if we have to follow the neo-walkers around while they do their things in little mini-arcs, but I'd like to see Karn or Bolas reminisce about the older days every now and again, or have the 'walkers find lost texts that talk about things like the Brothers War and the Invasion. 

Oh! You know what would be cool?
If the flashbacks were animated in a slightly different style as a literal metaphor for how different things were before the mending.
I'd like to see some original villains; you can't have Nicol Bolas or the Phyrexians every day, you need to mix things up with the bad guys lower on the ladder. Tezzeret and Sarkhan could work as nice introductions to Bolas if you're going to have him as a main villain; have them act against the protagonists for most of the episode on what seems to be their own initiative, then reveal that they're talking to someone much more threatening. 

Hopefully it will be traditionally animated. CGI would look awful.

Agreed; cgi tech just would do a poor job of getting across the "feel" of Magic, no matter how good it looks (And I'm a fan of CGI).

For animation, I'd really enjoy something basic. Thin line animation seems much more appropriate than thick line animation, and I think stylization should be reduced. Anime style really doesn't seem to fit the tone (Hell, it'd be weird to even see Kamigawa with anime stylings) of Magic.  

One place I'd really like to see good animation are the duels. One of the great things about Legend of Korra (If anyone's seen that cartoon) is that the characters make good use of their environment and move around it. While I don't want to see Red mages punching fireballs, it would be nice to have dynamic action set pieces that don't just happen on a flat plane.
I'd personally go with the Neowalker cast. 
EDIT: That being, mostly tales from the modern continuity.  It's what's accessable.  Also, I think people may be a bit quick to dismiss CGI: there was a good amount of CGI work in The Legend of Korra, and I'd LOVE that kind of visual style for a Magic Animated Series.  Additionally, Hasbro owns a TV network, so this might not be totally the realm of the impossible.  Maybe.

Some voice actor choices...

Keith David as Ajani.  Probably best known as Goliath from Gargoyles or Dr. Faciller from The Princess and the Frog

Crispin Freeman as Jace.  He's done a ton more roles than I know, mostly anime and video game.  He's Regal Bryant in Tales of Symphonia.

Lani Minella as Liliana.  She's also got way, WAY more roles than I recognize: I just knew her as Adria from Diablo III

Jennifer Hale as Chandra.  Jennifer Hale is an EXTREMELY prolific Voice Actress.  I know her best for Jessie Bannon in The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest but... well, look up her IMDB or Wikipedia page, she's probably done something you recognize.

Steve Blum as Garruk.  Recently, you might recognize him as Amon in The Legend of Korra.

Mark Hammill as Nicol Bolas.  Yes, he was Luke Skywalker.  He was also The Joker, Firelord Ozai, and Colonel Musca in the Disney dub of Castle in the Sky.  In both of the latter two roles (which are the ones I'm more familiar with, I never watched Batman), he has an air of majesty and refinment, or even civility, that's just ready to fall apart into complete monster territory, which is what I'd like out of Bolas more than a necessarily deep and imposing voice.  Bolas' power and scale are easy to communicate on a visual medium.  His intellect, not so much.

Travis Willingham as Gideon.  I know him for his work as Roy Mustang in the dub of Fullmetal Alchemist (both versions).

Grey DeLisle as Elspeth.  Easiest reference for her voice would probably be Princess Azula from Avatar: The Last AirbenderHey, we know she can do a good job at a seriously unstable character...

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Steve Blum as Garruk.  Recently, you might recognize him as Amon in The Legend of Korra.

While i like Steve Blum, i for one would like to see Garruk being voiced by whomever voices Garruk in the Innistrad Trailer.

I would probably focus on one of those overarching plots that is happing now, like "Gideon is looking for buddies to fight the Eldrazi menace" or "Karn & Elspeth are looking for buddies to fight the Phyrexian menace" so you both have a strong antagonist, recurring characters and a chance for new characters to shine, instead of going all "Superfriends" with the Neowalkers

EDIT:Jesus Christ, i'm all over the place 
I think the current voice actors are apropriate.

I would reserve Steve Blum for Domri (if you don't believe me see Asura's Wrath) 
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
Actually, as far as story structure goes, I don't think Digimon would be a bad model to work from, at least the early parts.  It did a good job of having a lot of individual-based episodes, with the group occasionally coming together for the major parts, or certain longer quests.  Considering most of the neo-walkers work alone, and there isn't really a team (something I find to be a plus for this property), having a style built around individual character episodes would really help build characters without as much risk of continuity snarls with the TCG.

On voice acting, love Barinellos's choices.  I worry a bit that Jennifer Hale would sound a bit too old for Chandra as she usually is drawn, but I could see it working, and she'd definitely bring personality to the character.  Keith David is perfect for Ajani, and I will now always hear his lines spoken in that voice.
Susan Summerson from the Hell breaks loose Flavorful Voting Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29076567/Hell_breaking_loose:_an_Avacyn_Restored_voting_game?pg=1 Click here for more Forum Games:
Show
Susan Summerson also appeared in the Innistrad Mafia Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28609371/Innistrad_Mafia?pg=1 Writer of Nally Bear from The Gathering Flavorful Voting Game: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28846821/The_Gathering:_M12_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Writer of Phyrex the Myr from Phyrexia Reborn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27993097/Phyrexia_Reborn:_A_Flavorful_Voting_Game?pg=1 Writer of Tinker the Myr from Legacy of Karn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26647005/Karns_Legacy_(A_flavorful_voting_game) Writer of Crusader Tolkana, who has appeared in: Eldrazi Awaken: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/24071149/Eldrazi_Awaken:_A_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Colors of Magic: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/25352501/Colors_of_Magic:_a_flavor_game?pg=1 Guildwars III: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26082093/Guildwars_III:_Shattered_Pact_(A_flavorful_voting_game)?pg=1 Writer of Isaic from Treasures of Zendikar http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22819881/Treasures_of_Zendikar?post_id=402182877#402182877
Let's just get Mark Hammill to voice all the characters.

It saddens me that there isn't a nonexistent Magic anime like there's a nonexistent Homestuck anime... Someone should edit together a title sequence.

Also, I vote yes on the art shifts to show different eras/planes even. That would be freaking sweet.

More compentent commentary in a few days when I haven't burned out all the circuitry in my brain 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

Second. 

It saddens me that there isn't a nonexistent Magic anime like there's a nonexistent Homestuck anime... Someone should edit together a title sequence.

Second.

Also, I vote yes on the art shifts to show different eras/planes even. That would be freaking sweet.

Second.
Sumi-e for Kamigawa.
Aaaaaaand...
KEEPER
You're the guy who spent all that money getting an art decree.
This is your turf.

More compentent commentary in a few days when I haven't burned out all the circuitry in my brain 

Trickster mode?

Trickster mode?

This is akin to how I'm feeling right now, yeah. I swear, I'm a few steps away from straight up hallucinating rainbows everywhere.

Also this.

Speaking of Gravity Falls, it's amazing how high animation quality has gotten. It would be interesting to see a Magic cartoon that was, like, a cartoon. I feel like Magic could sustain a genre hop to something more dynamic and stylized for a different medium.

It would be a failure, though, because most Magic players would probably hate it from the get go on principle alone. And that's why I'm a media theorist and not an animator--the grim inevitability of pandering and demographics is just too much for me to deal with. :/ 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
And that's why I'm a media theorist and not an animator--the grim inevitability of pandering and demographics is just too much for me to deal with. :/ 

Don't say thaaaat.
I was thinking about jumping ship to animation because it's something I'm passionate about, and going to school to program literally makes me want to be dead.
Probably can't afford SCAD though...

Edit: Yes, Gravity Falls is amazing.
About the only thing on Disney channel worth watching anymore.  
Who can?

I'm not even bothering to apply there. It's pointless, I could never afford it. Makes more sense to apply at a place like MIT that's prestigious but also has, apparently, pretty decent financial aid.

Or Canada, where everything is public so it's way less expensive.

oh my god i am applying to eight schools i am going to diiiiiiiieeeeeeee
OTL

Don't say thaaaat.
I was thinking about jumping ship to animation because it's something I'm passionate about, and going to school to program literally makes me want to be dead.
Probably can't afford SCAD though...

Edit: Yes, Gravity Falls is amazing.
About the only thing on Disney channel worth watching anymore.  

LOL are you me? That was close to my 1st year into programming... I was like nope, this ain't my thing. I'd like those codes as designs or something. Then I transferred to a supposed "school" that teaches multimedia and got nothing. Damn it.

I dunno, but I quite fancy the Young Justice's aesthetics for a possible MtG: Animation. You just know that if MtG goes the Korra route the Yu Gi Oh shenanigans will follow en masse.

LOL are you me? That was close to my 1st year into programming... I was like nope, this ain't my thing. I'd like those codes as designs or something. Then I transferred to a supposed "school" that teaches multimedia and got nothing. Damn it.

I got into my school thinking I would learn modeling and animation.
I didn't find out until well into my junior year (last year) that this school dealt excusively with programming.
And now I've kind of hit a brick wall; I'm suddenly failing a bunch of classes, and I don't feel like I've learned anything.
Ostensibly, I'm supposed to be learning how to write code, but if you were to ask me to do that I would not be able to.
And I'm more scared now than I have ever been.    

I dunno, but I quite fancy the Young Justice's aesthetics for a possible MtG: Animation. You just know that if MtG goes the Korra route the Yu Gi Oh shenanigans will follow en masse.

Closer to a Western aesthetic would probably be safer, there's a lot of people who just don't get the anime look.
Shallow as it may be, it is a thing. 
As long as we're talking detailed western, not flat-western.  and it could almost certainly afford to be a little anime-esque... the line isn't as sharp as it used to be.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I'm thinking Young Justice or Korra (which only gets really stylized for comedic effect).
There needs to be a certain level of detail that say the DCAU lacks, because the point of origin are two very different mediums.

I definitely would like to see it done like Korra, anime-like just seems perfect to me for some reason.

But I personally prefer the idea of it following five new planeswalkes (one for each color) who have their own storylines that intermingle at times. The other walkers do appear, just not as the central focus of the show.

(And I have this weird desire to here Bolas voiced like littlekuribos freeza from dbz abriged, but pray that they would not do this)

I might give my left arm for a Ravnica or Innistrad-based cartoon in the style of The Big O. Especially when things get super stylized and go all Deco-ish. Mmmmnnnnggg deco [writhes around on the floor]

Wouldn't it be interesting if this was, rather than on the TV proper, a web original series? It would potentially give them lots of potential to experiment with the form and follow multiple interlocking storylines like Batman Villain suggests.

@Thoctar:

You sure you're not just placing an unreasonable standard on yourself? I mean, I'm hearing these same basic statements from a friend of mine who regularly terrifies me with how brilliant he is. And that's how I feel basically all the time, albeit with things that don't involve code. It might just be a commonality to the intelligent that we always feel out of our depth and like we aren't as good as we should be. 
You sure you're not just placing an unreasonable standard on yourself? I mean, I'm hearing these same basic statements from a friend of mine who regularly terrifies me with how brilliant he is. And that's how I feel basically all the time, albeit with things that don't involve code. It might just be a commonality to the intelligent that we always feel out of our depth and like we aren't as good as we should be. 

A little bit of both.
I don't really try all that hard because its not what I wanted. I feel trapped sort of.
I want to graduate, but I don't want to program for a living because I just don't care about it. At all. It's not something I'm passionate about, and I keep asking myself why I still bother going to school to learn about something I don't care about.  

A little bit of both.
I don't really try all that hard because its not what I wanted. I feel trapped sort of.
I want to graduate, but I don't want to program for a living because I just don't care about it. At all. It's not something I'm passionate about, and I keep asking myself why I still bother going to school to learn about something I don't care about.  

I always remind myself that knowledge has a funny way of becoming useful whether you are interested in it or not.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

I always remind myself that knowledge has a funny way of becoming useful whether you are interested in it or not.

If there's one less that Fullmetal Alchemist will drill into you.

True enough, but I'm still bothered that I signed up for this without knowing what I was getting into.
I wanted to go for the artistic side of the industry and I never asked if this was right for me and no one told me otherwise until it was far too late.
I'm angry at the school for disenfranchising me and I'm angry at myself for not asking questions.   
@Thoctar - well as long as you can get your foot in the door you can move around within companies. If you have no focus at all then it's hard to get started anywhere.

As for the MTG series I think it could take a page from Cowboy Bebop except with walkers in the Infinite Consortium rather than Bounty Hunters in space. It would be a good setup to show off different aspects of the MG universe and also the music would get to kick ass.
@Thoctar - well as long as you can get your foot in the door you can move around within companies. If you have no focus at all then it's hard to get started anywhere.

I keep forgetting that that is a thing.
I have been told that thing by teachers and parent's friends and people in the industry.
And yet I keep forgetting it.
I guess that on some level I'm really uncomfortable pursuing a degree in something i don't believe in.
Like, it feels really disingenuous to put myself out there when I believe that any one of my peers would be exponentially better at what we would theoretically be hired to do.

le sigh

I'll figure it out somehow.
You guys are great.         
The current modern animated show that tops right now on production value is Wakfu from France.

The bad guy Nox with the Cube brings back memories of Memnarch and the Mirari.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N77tmqmMpA

After watching Season 2. I want to see some submarines in MTG made off the forms of sea creatures. They would have mana canons.
Speaking of aesthetics, I actually thought a Batman: Animated Series look would be highly apropriate for Kamigawa.

Irony, grittiness and emotional expression all rolled into one. 
@Thoctar: Are you in a university that has different kinds of majors?  Or is it a specialized degree field?  I actually started college in the Architecture program.  Dropped that after 1 semester because it was too much art, not enough engineering.  Switched to a major in Computer Engineering (though I do still wonder if I shouldn't have tried civil first), and bumped my Business Minor to a second Major.  Stuck with that for a couple years before the same thing happened to me as you're discussing.  Just didn't care about the Comp-E courses, and was really letting them slip.  Meanwhile, I was still absolutely acing my business courses.  Ended up dropping Comp-E down to a Comp-Sci Minor, graduated a semester earlier than originally planned, and have been working in the banking industry (happily, for the most part) ever since.  The point is, it is never too late to switch if you aren't happy.

My biggest suggestion, and I know I've said this before to someone here: Find work, especially something like a summer internship.  Maybe even a full-year course, taking a break from your studies, which it sounds like you need.  Look for a job in whatever field you want, even if its just entry level.  Especially now that it looks like you won't have a major that meets the job you're looking for, making contacts is even more important.  If the industry is in you area, I'd look up any meetings/seminars/expos/whatever, and try to get your name out.

@The actual on-topic thing: I really like the idea of a shifting animation style, but the big concern, of course, would be the cost of doing it that way.  I imagine on Kamigawa you'd have more of a Samurai Jack style, Ravnica would be Korra-esque, maybe Lorwyn could have a more exaggerated Teen Titan style?  I would watch a show like that SO HARD!  I almost want to make a write-up and try to pitch it to someone, but I'd have no idea even how.

@Singe: I had no idea Wakfu was actually a show.  All I knew about it was a XBLA game that I have a demo for that I've never played.  Hearing that I'm actually tempted to give it a look.
Susan Summerson from the Hell breaks loose Flavorful Voting Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29076567/Hell_breaking_loose:_an_Avacyn_Restored_voting_game?pg=1 Click here for more Forum Games:
Show
Susan Summerson also appeared in the Innistrad Mafia Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28609371/Innistrad_Mafia?pg=1 Writer of Nally Bear from The Gathering Flavorful Voting Game: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28846821/The_Gathering:_M12_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Writer of Phyrex the Myr from Phyrexia Reborn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27993097/Phyrexia_Reborn:_A_Flavorful_Voting_Game?pg=1 Writer of Tinker the Myr from Legacy of Karn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26647005/Karns_Legacy_(A_flavorful_voting_game) Writer of Crusader Tolkana, who has appeared in: Eldrazi Awaken: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/24071149/Eldrazi_Awaken:_A_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Colors of Magic: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/25352501/Colors_of_Magic:_a_flavor_game?pg=1 Guildwars III: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26082093/Guildwars_III:_Shattered_Pact_(A_flavorful_voting_game)?pg=1 Writer of Isaic from Treasures of Zendikar http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22819881/Treasures_of_Zendikar?post_id=402182877#402182877

Since everything he's in has to do this:

Nicol Bolas: No, I am your brother.
Ajani: That's not true! That's impossible! No, seriously, it's impossible. You're a millennia-old all-powerful alien dragon, and I'm still in my 20s, and a mammal.

Emrakul: No, I am your mother.
Sorin: Seriously? I don't turn into colorless mana.

Elesh Norn: No, you are my father.
Karn: Meh, no big surprise there.

Sorin: Get out of the Helvault, Avacyn.
Avacyn: I don't want to listen to you.
Sorin: Just get out. I am your father.
Avacyn: That's not true. That's impossible. My father would let me stay out past three in the morning.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Funny, but he did the voice of multiple animated characters, including the Joker and Fire Lord Ozai.

[<o>]

Funny, but he did the voice of multiple animated characters, including the Joker and Fire Lord Ozai.

Mark Hamill Joker vs. Heath Ledger Joker is one of my favorite decisions that you really can't go wrong with.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
David Kaye aka Megatron from Beast Wars as Nicol Bolas.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWXw5SMIP0
I still like Joe Frank for Bolas. But I guess nobody has ever heard of him. I will see if I can dig up some Youtube of his radio program.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I'm gonna go rogue and say Brothers' War plotline with Redline's animation style. Because cramming together things that are individually awesome is a recipe for good design, right gaiz? Actually I think that animation style would work pretty well for Invasion or Tempest.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.

I know, but he has also done a lot of Adam Westing. (Don't click if you don't want your life ruined.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I'm gonna go rogue and say Brothers' War plotline with Redline's animation style. Because cramming together things that are individually awesome is a recipe for good design, right gaiz? Actually I think that animation style would work pretty well for Invasion or Tempest.

Woah. It's like someone took the Dead Leaves animation style and took the animators' drugs away.

I... CAN DIG IT!
Sign In to post comments