4e Necromancy/Nethermancy/Pyromancy Mage

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is this even possible to do with the builder? The school option is there but your powers are very limited compared to the amount the other wizards have, and there are NO nethermancy/pyromancy/necromancy keyword powers at all. Why are there the options for those schools if they don't actually do anything?
Pyromancy covers any arcane fire attack.  There are about 30 Wizard powers (and 3 Enigmatic Mage PP powers)  with the nethermancy keyword, and the same for necromancy.
Yes, but in the builder it doesn't let you choose any of those. Each level only gives you three options and none of them are pyromancy/nethermancy/necromancy
If you're using the online character builder and aren't using the quick creation or encounters options, there should be a checkbox labeled "show additional options" when you go to pick a power.  Try that.
I feel retarded. Thank you very much.

Edit:

The question still remains as to why they do this... 
It's not you it's the builder's interface.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.

Edit:

WotC paid a different company to create the builder and the online compendium because people at WotC aren't proficient in java (most likely they had coffee with someone from microsoft who was working on silverlight, and they thought that was cool, so they found a company that could do the builder in silverlight for them). With 5e, the wotc staff have basically stopped caring about making good 4e content for insiders, and so the people running builder/compendium do things the easy way instead of the good way since their funders aren't guiding the process.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.

Edit:

WotC paid a different company to create the builder and the online compendium because people at WotC aren't proficient in java (most likely they had coffee with someone from microsoft who was working on silverlight, and they thought that was cool, so they found a company that could do the builder in silverlight for them). With 5e, the wotc staff have basically stopped caring about making good 4e content for insiders, and so the people running builder/compendium do things the easy way instead of the good way since their funders aren't guiding the process.

Lazy coding paid for by apathetic clients?  Explains a lot.

Amazingly, sometime within the past 3 months, they actually got a Rules Compendium and updated the glossary terms in the online Compendium, so it's slightly less of a bad rule source.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Arent there still Arti powers that don't exist tho?
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Yes, and a weapon that doesn't exist, and ... yeah, I should probably work on that thread. They'd need an Insider sub to notice that those are wrong (or for one of them to read the goddamn forums)
Yes, and a weapon that doesn't exist, and ... yeah, I should probably work on that thread. They'd need an Insider sub to notice that those are wrong (or for one of them to read the goddamn forums)

Has anyone compiled a list of missing stuff? Perhaps one could be created and sent along to the powers that be. I'm sure WoTC doesn't care to address these issues themselves but they could then pass it along to whoever updates the Builder/Compendium.
-or-
Is this to crazy an undertaking? 

They have a "report" button. Back when I had an Insider sub I reported something like 512 errors. Number fixed to date? Zero.

Has anyone compiled a list of missing stuff? Perhaps one could be created and sent along to the powers that be. I'm sure WoTC doesn't care to address these issues themselves but they could then pass it along to whoever updates the Builder/Compendium.
-or-
Is this to crazy an undertaking? 

They have a "report" button. Back when I had an Insider sub I reported something like 512 errors. Number fixed to date? Zero.

Thanks for the reply. I needed to delete my last post, there was some sort of Dice Roll pop-up attached to it and i had no idea where it came from.
There are also disconects between the website version and the cell phone app. I tried looking up the cavalier celestial steed on the app and the results were for a bound demon O_o
There are also disconects between the website version and the cell phone app. I tried looking up the cavalier celestial steed on the app and the results were for a bound demon O_o

Maybe you need to have a discussion with your cavalier about exactly who he champions? Tongue Out

You absolutly gotta double check the builder. I had a Warden that was missing about 13 cold damage per hit that the builder just couldn't be bothered to factor in. Had a Wizard who's arcane adimixture would sometimes apply to the correct power. If I tried to print that Wizard's character sheet, that power would lose its adimixture.
Always double check the math.  The builder usually won't figure in conditional bonuses even if they're going to be always on.  And sometimes it's just completely wrong.

It also doesn't know anything about how to build a character.  I wonder if there should be a real basic checklist sort of 'how to build a character' guide so that people don't overlook or forget basic things like, "Get an expertise feat."
Always double check the math.  The builder usually won't figure in conditional bonuses even if they're going to be always on.  And sometimes it's just completely wrong.

It also doesn't know anything about how to build a character.  I wonder if there should be a real basic checklist sort of 'how to build a character' guide so that people don't overlook or forget basic things like, "Get an expertise feat."

Thats one of the things that the Pregen thread is trying to do.  Give a basic list for each class.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here