Spellskite

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
If my opponent has a Deceiver Exarch in play and I have a Spellskite in play and he plays Splinter Twin.

Does this mean I can have Splinter Twin enchant Spellskite? or do I have to wait until he activates it and redirect the tap or untap ability?
If my opponent has a Deceiver Exarch in play and I have a Spellskite in play and he plays Splinter Twin.

Does this mean I can have Splinter Twin enchant Spellskite?

Yes, you can.  Aura spells target.

or do I have to wait until he activates it and redirect the tap or untap ability?

No.  The activated ability does not target.

Aura spells do target, so you can redirect Splinter Twin to your Spellskite. If you wait for him to create a copy of Deceiver Exarch, you can only redirect the ETB trigger if he chooses the tap mode. Since he doesn't control your Spellskite, it's not a legal target for the untap mode.
Rules Advisor

or do I have to wait until he activates it and redirect the tap or untap ability?

but the triggered from the Deceiver Exarch
so that is another way to stop the combo
proud member of the 2011 community team
Ok, thanks a bunch!

but the triggered from the Deceiver Exarch
so that is another way to stop the combo

Deceiver Exarch's ability is modal. You can't redirect it to your Spellskite if he targets something of his to untap.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

right
I thought it was like Twiddle that tapped or untapped based on the state of the permanent (so that they had to add the "may" when the rules got updated)

Pestermite works like that, so I confused them

Deceiver Exarch even has targetting restrictions, making it even harder

so yeah, stop the Splintertwin ;)
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sign In to post comments