Making random cards while watching tv.

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Random card gave me cautery sliver for inspiration.

Cauterizing Weird 1WR
Creature - Weird
When ~ enters the battlefield, prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to each creature and each player.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.
3/1
I want a blue spider

8-legged Anlger 2UU
Creature - Spider Fish
Reach
~ can block creatures with islandwalk as if they didn't have islandwalk
2: target creature you don't control gains haste and attacks this turn if able.
"Does the depravity of Simic know no bounds?" - some orzhov dude.
2/4
Fixing title:
Making random cards while watching tv and ignoring your 52-card deck and maybe champion submission ( idon't know if you submitted yet didn't check that thread lol)

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

i think your first card should be 2 of diamonds
wait no, maybe 10 of diamonds?

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Well now you have to make "Some Orzhov Dude." You can't dangle such carrots without eventual consecration.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Boring Human W
Creature -Human warrior
Storytelling - When ~ deals combat damage to a player, it becomes a 2/1 legendary creature with first strike and lifelink named dudebro, king of stuff.
1/1
Some orzhov dude, seller of lies 1BBB
Legendary creature - spirit cleric
Extort extort extort
Whenever a player loses life, add B to your mana pool.
1/1
Judgement of Fahrish
Sorcery
Choose an order for creatures, lands, and enchantments.
Return each of the first to their owner's hands, destroy each of the second the second, tthen exile each of the third.
Goblin checkers 1R
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If the result is heads, repeat this process.
Delusions of brilliance 5UU
Enchantment
When ~ enters the battlefield draw 7 cards.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, discard your hand.
<strong>Massacre Girl
Legendary Creature - Human Assassin
First Strike
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, each player sacrifices a creature.
Whenver a creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
3/2
Making random cards while at the mall with my sister:

Roil Foil
Land
T: add 1 to your mana pool
3UR, T, sacrifice ~: the next instant or sorcery spell you cast gains rebound.

Maelstrom's Edge
Land
T: add 1 to your mana pool
3GU, T, sac: the next spell you cast gains cascade.

Thawing Glacier
Land
T, sac: add U and one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Recover 3

Velis Veil Inn
Tribal Land - Shapeshifter
Changeling
Kinship - At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with ~. You may reveal it. If you do ~ gains "add one mana of any color to your mana pool" until the beginning of your next upkeep.
Vitor: make a card about running
Possibly away from something.

Silhana Freerunner 2BG
Creature - human assassin
Nonbasic landwalk
Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, destroy target creature with flying they control
1/1

Too much ac3 i think

Escape Nightmares 3BG
Enchantment
Whenever a card is put into your graveyard from anywhere you may exile the top 5 cards of your library. If you do, put that card from your graveyard into your hand.
i will hang around this thread until i see something nomination worthy : P so make something good

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Sad
Sun Wukong GG
Legendary creature - Monkey warrior
Storytelling - When ~ deals lethal combat damage to a player while equipped, he becomes a 10/10 creature named great sage equal to heaven, and gains first strike and trample, and becomes indestructible.
3/3
Darn me being hasty

"Becomes an indestructible 10/10 legendary creature named..."
Making random cards while taking a "nap"

Overextending Expanse GR
Sorcery
Reveal your hand. Put all land cards revealed this way onto the battlefield. At end of turn, sacrifice those lands.

This was originally monogreen, but it seemed too much like a ritual.

Graveghoul Shambler 1BB
Creature - Zombie
Miracle B
If ~ would die, put it on top of it's owner'ss library instead.
2/2

Garosh, King of zahul 1W
Legendary creature - Human Advisor
Protection from artifacts.
Storytelling -- at the end of your turn, if you control 10 or more artifacts, ~ loses this ability and becomes a 3/3 black legendary human demon advisor creature named Garosh, Born of Greed with "1B, Sacrifice an artifact: draw a card."
2/2

Yeah storytelling is supposed to erase it self, and I may make it erase all previous abilities too, I dunno yet.
Nobody likes storytelling? Its by far my second favorite mechanic I've ever designed.

Staff of bamboo 0
Artifact - equipment
Whenever a creature equipped to ~ deals combat damage to a player, put a notoriety counter on ~.
Storytelling - at the end of your turn, if ~ has 3 or more notoriety counters on it, it loses this ability, becomes legendary, its name becomes takefumetsu the immovable, it becomes indestructible, and it gains "equipped creature is indestructible and gets +1/+1 and gains vigilance"
Equip 1
It's mostly just flavor more than mechanic in terms of being interesting.

wait is that a comprehensible sentence ?lol

Problem with threshold mechanic is that you have to pick the right threshold so that it's easy to keep track.
Story telling got a different threshold for every card and thus is pretty tough to play in theory.

EDIT. your last equipment reminds me that transforming dagger that turns into a demon. gatherer is down so i can't find the name
Which brings me the point, some of the "upgrade" is not worth the effort to make it happen. 

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Yeah, its basically just flavor, only to be keyworded in a set with lots of it.
Something terrible:

Nothing 0
Creature - Incarnaction
Hexproof, defender
~ can't block and is indestructible.
0/1
First one reminds me of cautery sliver.

I should make cards while I watch anime. 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Storytelling is great. I wonder if that ability could be used to actually make a Legend set work properly, since it might be easier to get Legends at common--one of the problems with Kamigawa--and the legends would still feel special since you would actually see their transformation from zero to hero--another problem with Kamigawa. And it's flavorful as hell. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Thanks flavorman, that means a lot coming from you...flavorman.
Yeah, I'm the flavorman. Gonna rename myself "Bernie Bott's."
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Stop sucking up to the judges. How inelegant. Keeper loves me more anyway. We resonate within each other.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
We resonate within each other.

Eww....
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Bernie bot's every Flavored man...oh my.
Storytelling just reminds me of Flip Cards, only half as cool because it doesn't get the sweet art, sorry. You have to bring something new to the table that Flip, Level Up, and Transform didn't (or you could just have fun with one of the already extant mediums). 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
My cards get to keep their card frame, so its automatically better than all 3.
I also like incarnations, hi imi!

Sex
Creature - Incarnation
Tap two untapped creatures you control that share a creature type: Put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of one of those creatures, except that it's 1/1, has each of those creature's types, and each of those creature's colors.
3/3
I also like incarnations, hi imi!

Sex
Creature - Incarnation
Tap two untapped creatures you control that share a creature type: Put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of one of those creatures, except that it's 1/1, has each of those creature's types, and each of those creature's colors.
3/3

Wow, didn't even "get crap past the radar" with a Venus pun in the flavor text. Cute.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
If your sex is blue, then your doing it wrong. Mine is all Jund.

139359831 wrote:

omg pablo. you are disgusting. 

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

Why not compromise:

Sex

Creature--Incarnation

When Sex enters the battlefield, it does damage to target player equal to the highest power among the creatures you control. 4/4
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.

Why not compromise:

Sex

Creature--Incarnation

When Sex enters the battlefield, it does damage to target player equal to the highest power among the creatures you control. 4/4

IF you get my card deleted I'm banning you all (bay) from my future contests D:<
IF you get my card deleted I'm banning you all (bay) from my future contests D:<

If you don't see a pun in mine, you're not looking.
139359831 wrote:

If you don't see a pun in mine, you're not looking.

Everyone got the pun.
Sign In to post comments