Welcome to Card of the Week! This is an on-running contest of sorts where great cards are given the celebration they deserve, the praise for what perhaps went unnoticed.
- Anyone may nominate a card from any thread in YMTC as long as it was posted between 12:00 AM of the starting date and 11:59 PM of the ending date of that week's thread, Pacific Standard Time (that's what I live by, and I'm not fancy enough to use UT1).
- All nominations require the following:
1. The full card posted into this thread.
2. A link to the post/thread where the card originated.
3. The name of the card's creator.
- You may nominate up to two cards a week.
- You can't nominate your own designs.
- All designs nominated will be put into a poll in the next week's thread. The design with the most votes is declared Card of the Week!
- You may vote for any number of entries. Remember, every vote you cast matters, so try to vote only for the cards you really think deserve to win.
- You may vote for yourself.
- All cards carrying the most votes when the poll closes are elected as the winner for that week.
- All winners and winning cards will be collected in the sblock below.
Target creature without the greatest power fights the creature with the greatest power. (If two creatures are tied for greatest power, choose one of them.)
No one likes the champion who's too good, no matter what side you're on.
Creature - Merfolk Assassin
If a creature an opponent creature would die, you may have it becomes an island instead. (It's no longer a creature.)
Primordial Experiment –
Creature – Elemental Mutant
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Primordial Experiment: Primordial Experiment gains your choice of protection from white, from black, or from red until end of turn.
You may play Tidal Strip from your graveyard.
, Sacrifice Tidal Strip: Add to your mana pool.
"The night prior, I buried my secrets on the farthest shores. Today, I regret never learning to swim."
- Cobaliant proverb
Untap target creature and gain control of it. It gains haste until the end of turn. At the end of turn, its owner gains control of it unless it dealt combat damage to him or her this turn.
Mikal knew the price of betraying his order was certain death. But in that one liberating moment, he simply didn’t care..
Enchantment - Aura
When you cast Rehabilitation, any player may sacrifice any number of permanents.
Enchanted opponent cannot be dealt damage, lose life, and he or she has hexproof.
When enchanted opponent's life total changes, he or she loses the game.
"One day at a time."
Sacred Fire |
Sacred Fire deals X damage to target creature or player.
If Sacred Fire targets a creature you control, it deals damage in the form of +1/+1 counters.
Only the worthy step through unscathed.
Legendary Creature - Elemental
Whenever The Emberwhirl deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, untap it. After this phase, there is an additional combat phase.
The Emberwhirl can't attack a player or planeswalker it already attacked this turn.
Every man burns; not every man heals.
Poll and new round nominations close 11:59, 1/8/13.