White Mono Angel Deck Feedback more than welcomed

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Marco Angel Deck

Guys so i played my deck in a couple of battles found out it needed more mana, faster creatures, more power, acceleration, etc. (had 14 plains + 4 colorless mana) I tweeked it up a bit so please let me know what you think. This is basically a creature deck, overwhelming the opponent with flying + gaining life, let me know if it works for you.  Thanks in advance. 

Lands x22

CREATURES x22

Spells x16

Using only Angels will always lead to a top-heavy deck.  If you're going mono qhite, you should try Human/Angel.  That way you can run:

[C]Champion of the Parish[/C]
[C]Angel of Jubilation[/C]
[C]Elite Inquisitor[/C]
[C]Fencing Ace[/C]
[C]Herald of War[/C]
[C]Silverblade Paladin[/C]
[C]Thalia, Guardian of Thraben[/C]
i wouldnt play serra avenger here. she's much better for white weenie as a cheap finisher. consider angel 4 drops like guardian seraph or emeria angel instead

defy death is fairly bad imo. the 2 counters is not worth the need to have an angel in graveyard, maybe keep 1, kick the rest
id cut 2-3 ancient tomb, you just want 1 of those for the whole game
consider seraph sanctuary, free life is nice.

i like adding cantrips to give an early game while still allowing me to focus on angels:
scroll of avacyn
wall of omens
hobble
mind stone

possibly
niveous wisps
repel the darkness
Irt makes me sad when people build angel decks and leave out such low CMC gems like Angelic Curator and Emancipation Angel....

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

unless the protection is relevant the curator is terrible, so more of a sideboard option.

emancipation needs lots of targets to be playable. i use it in my standard andgels with abundant growth (arguably the best low cmc target in the game), backed up by elvish visionary and with avacyn's scroll as a fallback. add those cards (well wall of omens rather than visionary) and emancipation is playable - wouldnt quite be worth the trouble outside standard tho.

edit: does everyone else also have a button saying add a dice roll in their posts?^^ 
Herald of War can make your angels cheaper and is sort of a mini combo with defy death

EDIT: yeah I have the "add a dice roll" button too! 
unless the protection is relevant the curator is terrible, so more of a sideboard option.

emancipation needs lots of targets to be playable. i use it in my standard andgels with abundant growth (arguably the best low cmc target in the game), backed up by elvish visionary and with avacyn's scroll as a fallback. add those cards (well wall of omens rather than visionary) and emancipation is playable - wouldnt quite be worth the trouble outside standard tho.

Curator is a 1/1 flyer on turn two with an optionaly relevant protection.  What else are you doing on turn two with all of your fatty angels?  Holding back a Dawn Charm?  You're clearly not playing any good stalling blockers like Angelic Wall or Wall of Omens.  Also, those three creatures make great targets for a turn three Emancipation Angel.  Right now, unless you score an early Ancient Tomb your first three turns are pretty pitiful.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.