This needs a fancy title - Door Master

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Something that will probably go into naermagia:

Lord of Doors
manacost
Creature - Something Wizard
At the beginning of your upkeep, return each card exiled by ~ to their owner's hand, then exile a card from your hand facedown.
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, he or she guesses the name of a card exiled by ~. You may turn that card face up. If you do and they guessed wrong, exile that spell face down, then that player plays the exiled card.
In the hands of a master, every door leads to every room.
2/2

Red or blue? There's probably better wording too.
If they guessed WRONG? But...so this is how it would work?:

You exile a Counterspell. I cast Distress and guess Redirect. You flip it, it's wrong, so now I can cast Counterspell and you exile Distress.

Am I right so far? I think that part makes sense. Here's what I don't understand...

Let's say now, the next player WANTS the Distress. He already knows that's the exiled card, so can he now just guess some random card (like Sharding Sphinx) to play Distress for free instead of whatever spell he was playing originally?

That seems way too abusable.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

You exile a Counterspell. I cast Distress and guess Redirect. You flip it, it's wrong, so now I can cast Counterspell and you exile Distress.

Am I right so far? I think that part makes sense. Here's what I don't understand...

Let's say now, the next player WANTS the Distress. He already knows that's the exiled card, so can he now just guess some random card (like Sharding Sphinx) to play Distress for free instead of whatever spell he was playing originally?

Sorry bud, I ninja edited to opponent after the first couple seconds.
So, I cast a spell, guess wrong, cast the other spell, intentionally guess wrong, cast the previous spell, guess right, profit?

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Sorry bud, I ninja edited to opponent after the first couple seconds.

Yes, and? My scenario still applies in a game with more than 2 players.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

Darn it, now I'm confused.
Oh, it does say may, so you don't have to exile their new card...

As am I. This is a confusing card O_O .

As am I. This is a confusing card O_O .

Then mission accompished.

So let me think. You exile X, they play Y, you don't want them to have Y, so you give them X instead. Next turn they get back Y.

This card is actually kinda terrible, unless you keep drawing land to give them, you're wasting cards to delay them. Hrmmmmm. Maybe change it to random cards or something, and let everyone do it. I dunno...
blue.
spell morphing is blue : )
This can used as as an alternate memory lapse of some sort. And you can almost always counters a spell a turn, for the cost of 1 card. I think it is too strong. 

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Can I take a crack at templating this?

At the beginning of your upkeep, return each card exiled with THIS to its owner's hand, then exile a card from your hand face down.
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, that player names a card. You may reveal the exiled cards. If you do and none of the revealed cards is the named card, that player may play one of those cards without paying its mana cost. If the player does, exile the original spell face down.
Rules Advisor
Can I take a crack at templating this?

At the beginning of your upkeep, return each card exiled with THIS to its owner's hand, then exile a card from your hand face down.
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, that player names a card. You may reveal the exiled cards. If you do and none of the revealed cards is the named card, that player may play one of those cards without paying its mana cost. If the player does, exile the original spell face down.

I really want them to choose ONE of the cards to name, not that there will almost ever be more than one exiled card.
What about this then?

Whenever an opponent casts a spell, choose a card exiled with THIS. That player guesses that card's name. Then you may reveal that card. If you do and your opponent guessed wrong, exile that spell face down and that player may play the revealed card without paying its mana cost.
Rules Advisor
Can't be face down if they guessed wrong. Also, it might give them a reason to deliberately fudge it. (For instance, in a non-Vintage format, I could just say "Channel" over and over again.)

Also, the whole card feels blue/black. Red usually exiles stuff from the battlefield, where it's a flavor of "Yeah, you'd better get that warranty out."
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt