signal the clans?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I need clarification on this card. It says that if you search for three different cards with three different names you choose one at random. It doesnt say what you do if you look for two or three of same card. Im sure the answer is simple, im just confusedby the wording. Cause as it reads as long as i dont search for three different creatures then i get to keep them all.
I need clarification on this card. It says that if you search for three different cards with three different names you choose one at random. It doesnt say what you do if you look for two or three of same card. Im sure the answer is simple, im just confusedby the wording. Cause as it reads as long as i dont search for three different creatures then i get to keep them all.

If you don't find three different cards, then you don't get to get one at random.  They all stay in your library.

Card image, since it is not in Gatherer:
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

you can find 0, 1, 2 or 3 cards
but you only get one in your hand if you find 3 cards with different names, otherwise you simply shuffle the found cards back
proud member of the 2011 community team
The gyst of it is: search your library for 3 creature cards, find 3 with different names, put one of them into your hand at random and shuffle the other two back into your library.

if you don't find 3 creature cards with different names, all cards you find get shuffled back into your library.

it's just a convoluted way of saying something relatively simple 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

they want to avoid the issue Gifts Ungiven has when finding fewer cards
(it is basically a Buried Alive for animators instead of a tutor for cards in your hand as intended)
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sign In to post comments