Planeswalker Lands

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
A cycle of lands that can be sacked to put a pair of loyalty counters on planeswalkers.

Ajani's Veldt
Land
: Add to your mana pool
, , Sacrifice Ajani's Veldt: Put two loyalty counters on target planeswalker

Jace's Shore
Land
, , Sacrifice Jace's Shore: Put two loyalty counters on target planeswalker

Liliana's Crypt
Land
, , Sacrifice Liliana's Crypt: Put two loyalty counters on target planeswalker

Chandra's Furnace
Land
, , Sacrifice Chandra's Furnace: Put two loyalty counters on target planeswalker

Garruk's Oak
Land
, , Sacrifice Garruk's Oak: Put two loyalty counters on target planeswalker
I actually like the idea of cards like this. These seem more powerful when combined with low-cost planeswalkers, but committing four mana to add two counters seems balanced, since you won't be able to spend that mana playing cards that will protect your planeswalker.
Rules Advisor
I can dig it.
I kind of like this . Here's my (not thought-out) idea:

Sparkland
Legendary Land
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
, , sacrifice Sparkland: Proliferate, choosing only planeswalkers. Repeat this process X times.

It's quite powerful, so maybe it would work better as a 3-drop manarock instead of a land? Either way, I really like it .

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

These seem pretty strong compared to basic lands... Nice concept, though, and quite flavorful.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
The name "Jace's Shore" makes me wish that Jace was a steroid-shooting guido.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
These seem pretty strong compared to basic lands... Nice concept, though, and quite flavorful.

By "pretty strong", you mean "strictly better". But fixable. Just have it say something like "When ~ ETB, pay 1 life." or "When ~ ETB, pay or ~ ETB tapped." (I know, the alternate clause is wonky and only relevant with cards like Kismet, but it's more there for grokkability reasons.)

I am now calling Garruk Gary, so it can be Gary's Oak.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I thought this was a land that was in the plainswalker format.

By "pretty strong", you mean "strictly better". But fixable. Just have it say something like "When ~ ETB, pay 1 life." or "When ~ ETB, pay or ~ ETB tapped." (I know, the alternate clause is wonky and only relevant with cards like Kismet, but it's more there for grokkability reasons.)

If I was adding a penalty, I'd just keep it simple and have it enter tapped.  If there was a generic one that added instead of or or whatever, that wouldn't need to enter tapped.

What REALLY needs a penalty is Sparkland above.  The penalty I'd recommend is "At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no planeswalkers, sacrifice Sparkland".  Much as you have Glimmervoid with artifacts and Thran Quarry with creatures.

If I was adding a penalty, I'd just keep it simple and have it enter tapped.  If there was a generic one that added instead of or or whatever, that wouldn't need to enter tapped.

What REALLY needs a penalty is Sparkland above.  The penalty I'd recommend is "At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no planeswalkers, sacrifice Sparkland".  Much as you have Glimmervoid with artifacts and Thran Quarry with creatures.

Yes, well, like I said, not thought out :P But yes, that works:

Sparkland
Legendary Land
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no planeswalkers, sacrifice Sparkland.
, , sacrifice Sparkland: Proliferate, choosing only planeswalkers. Repeat this process X times.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

Liliana of the Dark Realm
Planeswalker Land - Liliana
(+1): Add to your mana pool.
(-3): Add to your mana pool.
(-8): Each opponent loses life equal to twice the number of swamps you control. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
Rules Advisor

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this....
Sparkland
Legendary Land
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no planeswalkers, sacrifice Sparkland.
, , sacrifice Sparkland: Put X loyalty counters on target planeswalker.

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Sparkland
Legendary Land

Strictly weaker than my version. It won't catch planeswalkers with shroud and only lets you add to one walker. Proliferate lets you choose as many as you want--that's choose, not target, so it doesn't care about shroud. 

Sparkland
Legendary Land

Strictly weaker than my version. It won't catch planeswalkers with shroud and only lets you add to one walker. Proliferate lets you choose as many as you want--that's choose, not target, so it doesn't care about shroud. 

Ah true, I didn't think about hitting multiple walkers. As for the shroud thing, true, but you'd really only use it on your own walkers and you wouldn't give them shroud before doing so.

I would still change it to "choose any number of walkers, put X counters on them" or something of that nature, just to avoid putting a keyword in a non-proliferate "environment" and keeping it generally simpler than having to include "pick only walkers" and "repeat X times". I just thought there must have been a more direct way to word the ability which is why I suggested that 

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Sparkland
Legendary Land

Um, how does a planeswalker get shroud, exactly?  I can think of lots of spells to give it to creatures, and a few to give it to you, but none to give it to planeswalkers.

Sparkland
Legendary Land

Um, how does a planeswalker get shroud, exactly?  I can think of lots of spells to give it to creatures, and a few to give it to you, but none to give it to planeswalkers.

mycosynth lattice and relic ward is the simplest way.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Sparkland
Legendary Land

That works . I was just assuming there was a way, since there's a way to do almost anything in Magic if you really try :P .

Sparkland
Legendary Land

Gideon Jura and Asceticism to protect against creature removal, though not Hexmage and the like.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Asceticism doesn't give shroud, but you could use Steely Resolve set to Human or Soldier with Gideon.
Rules Advisor
Garruk's Wild

Planewalker Land - Garruk

+1: Untap target land.
-2: Put a 3/3 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield.
-7: Creatures you control get +3/+3 and gain trample until end of turn.

<1>

Liliana's Veil

Planeswalker Land - Liliana

+1: Discard a card. Add to your mana pool.
-4: Target player sacrifices a creature.
-9: (liliana's ulti, cant be bothered copying)

<1>

Bolas' Meditiation Realm

Planeswalker Land - Bolas

+3: Destroy target noncreature permanent.

-2: Gain control of target creature.

-9: Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker deals 7 damage to target player. That player discards seven cards, then sacrifices seven permanents.

<5>

Bolas Land is super broken! It in opening hand and I go second. You play a land, I play meditation realm and blow it up. Next turns repeat. Then I hit you for over a third of your health, your hand, and your one land (if you have one). Repeat again and again. The other two are cool though. Intriguing concept, though if you controlled Garruk's Wild you couldn't have a Garruk to be wild in it.
The name "Jace's Shore" makes me wish that Jace was a steroid-shooting guido.

So, I've got this mental picture of Jace "The Situation" Beleren conjuring himself some weights, and then a beer
How is a veil a land?
139359831 wrote:
Sign In to post comments