activated abilities

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
niv-mizzet, dracogenius  can i pay lets say 3x red 3x blue mana and play its skill 3 times at once in the same turn dealing 3 damage to target player and draw 3 cards?

chandra, the firebrand  can i play its +1 skill in the same manner ... lets say at once to deal 20 hp damage ?? lol i suppose not XD

i read on the rules that i can play activated abilities as much as i can pay the mana for it. probb its different with planeswalker s.

1) Yes. You can activate Niv-Mizzet's ability as often as you can pay for it, and you can activate it in response to itself.

2) No. You can only activate one ability of each planeswalker you control per turn and only when you could cast a sorcery (main phase with an empty stack).
Rules Advisor
1. You can activate Niv-Mizzet multiple times.  It will be three different activations of

2. No, loyalty abilities are limited to one per turn.
MTG Rules Advisor
niv-mizzet, dracogenius  can i pay lets say 3x red 3x blue mana and play its skill 3 times at once in the same turn dealing 3 damage to target player and draw 3 cards? 

Yes, unless an ability states otherwise you may activate it as long you can pay its cost
chandra, the firebrand  can i play its +1 skill in the same manner ... lets say at once to deal 20 hp damage ?? lol i suppose not XD

No, you may activete planeswalker's ability only once a turn (your turn only).

interesting sidenote for 2.

there was a time when the "once per turn" of loyalty abilities was part of being a Planeswalker
then player used ways to give loyalty abilities to non-planeswalkers and went nuts with it ;)

so the rules were change to have the "once per turn" locked up in the ability itself
proud member of the 2011 community team

You can't activate it more than one at a time. You can activated one instance in response to another, though. You won't deal 3 damage and draw 3 cards. You'll deal 1 damage and draw one card three times.

You can only activate a planeswalker loyalty ability if you haven't activated any of its loyalty abilities previously that turn.

i read on the rules that i can play activated abilities as much as i can pay the mana for it.

You can activate an ability whenever you have priority as long as you can pay the cost. But there are exceptions. For example, there's the aformentioned limitation to loyalty abilities. Some abilities can only be activated "as a sorcery". etc.
tnx pplz i got another question comin . will open a new topic for it