Goblin and Elf Planeswalkers

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Savage Beating or Rhys the Redeemed, anyone?

Krenko, Planeswalker
Planeswalker-Krenko
+2: Target creature gains haste until end of turn
-2: Put 4 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens onto the battlefield
-7: At the end of your next combat phase, untap all creatures you control.  There is an additional combat phase after that phase, and creatures you control have double strike during that phase

Nissa of the Tangle  
Planeswalker-Nissa
+2: Add to your mana pool
-1: Search your library for an Elf card, reveal it, and put it into your hand 
-6: For each creature you control, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield.
Why is Nissa so freaking weak aside from the ultimate?
4 1/1 goblins ain't bad

Skyshroud Poacher is broken
Krenko's + needs to be worded so that it can work on an empty field, a la Ajani, Caller of the Pride.
"Up to one target creature gains haste until end of turn."

Alternatively, give everything haste.
If Sarkhan Vol can do this better, I don't see why a more expensive walker should have a much weaker ability.  
Krenko's + needs to be worded so that it can work on an empty field, a la Ajani, Caller of the Pride.
"Up to one target creature gains haste until end of turn."

Alternatively, give everything haste.
If Sarkhan Vol can do this better, I don't see why a more expensive walker should have a much weaker ability.  

You're probably right about empty-fielding it.  IMO, Sarkhan's ability seems a little overpowered for its loyalty cost...generally speaking, most positive abilities shouldn't cost more than .  I would note that since it adds more loyalty counters, being weaker makes a little sense.
Why is Nissa so freaking weak aside from the ultimate?

Why is Nissa so weak?  Because two of its abilities don't cost a lot.  If it had a -3 ability, there could be something stronger.
4 1/1 goblins ain't bad

Yes it is.  That's why Nissa puts the Elves in your hand, not in play, and also limits the number of consecutive turns you can do it.
4 1/1 goblins ain't bad

Yes it is.  That's why Nissa puts the Elves in your hand, not in play, and also limits the number of consecutive turns you can do it.
  IMO, Sarkhan's ability seems a little overpowered for its loyalty cost...generally speaking, most positive abilities shouldn't cost more than .

I'm unconvinced. Let's remember that Vol saw next to no competitive play.
  I would note that since it adds more loyalty counters, being weaker makes a little sense.

Fair enough.
  IMO, Sarkhan's ability seems a little overpowered for its loyalty cost...generally speaking, most positive abilities shouldn't cost more than .

I'm unconvinced. Let's remember that Vol saw next to no competitive play.
  I would note that since it adds more loyalty counters, being weaker makes a little sense.

Fair enough.

I didn't really pay attention to standard at all while he was legal but didn't he see a moderate amount?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

I didn't really pay attention to standard at all while he was legal but didn't he see a moderate amount?

Not really.
He had competition at the four drop spot in those colors.
Why Nissa of the Tangle? She's not really fond of sci-fi zombie apocalypse places like Mirrodin. She prefers to hang out in nature-centric planes like Lorwyn and Zendikar.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt