A Five-Color Planeswalker

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This combines the black-white Orzhov Guildmage and various other black-white Orzhov cards, the red-green-blue Animar, Soul of Elements, and the five-color Conflux.  Not only is this five-color; each of its abilities is multi-color.

Progenitus, Lord of All
+1: Target player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life
-3: Spells you cast this turn cost less for each loyalty counter on Progenitus
-12: Search your library for a white card, a blue card, a black card, a red card and a green card.  Reveal them.  You may cast any instants or sorceries among them without paying their mana costs.  All permanents you may put on the battlefield under your control.  Then shuffle your library.
I kind of want the - ability to make spells cost less, but that might be too cute.
I kind of want the - ability to make spells cost less, but that might be too cute.

Oh, you mean like Prismatic Omen/Transguild Courier/Coalition Victory cute? ;)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I feel like the ultimate would be more elegant if it just said "Play any number of them without paying their mana costs."

Also, I want to use the ultimate to just throw down five more planeswalkers for the sheer hilarity of it.
Rules Advisor

There are only 19 few five-color cards; and nearly all of them are rares or mythics.  Heck, aside of the Alara block, there aren't an exceptionably large number of three- and four-color spells; those are also tilted toward rare and mythic rarity. 

This card could easily force bay_falconer's Prismatic Omen/Transguild Courier/Coalition Victory combo.  Actually, it's big-mama ability could give you that AND Progenitus AND Time Stretch, or any other number of game-winning combos or expensive cards.  That's why there's a -12 ability; cuz if that ability were a spell, it'd cost somewhere in the neighborhood of
For the record, reducing the cost of a spell that costs by would reduce it to .
Rules Advisor
I feel like the ultimate would be more elegant if it just said "Play any number of them without paying their mana costs."

Also, I want to use the ultimate to just throw down five more planeswalkers for the sheer hilarity of it.

Probably would be more elegant, but you usually only see that with instants or sorceries.  With permanents, you just drop them on the battlefield.

And yeah, dropping five cards is insane, especially since most decks' win conditions only require two or three
Sign In to post comments