Seismic Assault - need suggestions

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is my current decklist.  The deck feels really, in lack of a better word, uneventful at the moment.

The plan is to get out seismic assault round 2 with tinder wall or desperate ritual and then use lands to keep me alive until I can resolve a creeping renaissance.  The reason for only 1 scouting trek is that I only have 1.  2 groundskeeper feel about right.  I think I should have had 2 wall of mulch too, to be able to get rid of tinder walls after the game is stable.

Depending on your financial situation, Life from the Loam is always a stellar card to mix with Seismic Assault.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Thanks for the suggestion AzureShade.  I currently use my loams in another deck, that's why they aren't in there.  I might have to reconsider what deck to have them in though ;)
Swans of Bryn Argoll is such a sweet combo with seismic assault.

Draw your deck, dome them for 20.
you're running green and have arcane spells, so maybe use Elder Pine of Jukai with some defensive spirit walls like Carven Caryatid or something to make sure you get lands in your had.

Mulch also seems like a great card for this deck 
Forget the forests and go mono red with Wheel of Fate
Those suggestions really made my head spin! :P  And I just came up with the funniest deck idea ever! Double thanks! I have a playset of elder pine of jukai, I must give that a shot.  It's too bad I don't have any swans, it would actually be playable in the same deck since it's a spirit.

I guess it's time for a restructuring of my deck.  I didn't want to make yet another deck with trade routes
If you are foing to forget the forests you should definetly think about a bit more blue. jace's archivist can make a burn deck nasty whn you are using wheels.

White would give you some enchantment tutoring. I would seriously hate running x4 of an enchnatment I never wanted to see 2 at once of. (thouigh a few draw/discard efects would certainly mitigate this such as faithless looting)
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Rob is that you?  If not I know a guy who ends up using Trade Routes in all kinds of decks, and this is the exact kind of Johnny-ness I knew him for
I have played magic a long time and one card I have tried to 'break' is the assault.

When I tried to break that card I loved the synergy of Storm Cauldron had in the deck and it served double duty by enabling the assault while disrupting your opponents who have issues dealing with the cauldron bounce.  this also works really well with Mana Flare and Life From the Loam which would replace Land Tax in my deck that I had built.  Along with Life I would also add Glacial Chasm as method of surviving all but alpha strikes.

Just my 2 cents and good luck with the deck
This is what I ended up with at the moment.  I only have 3 strangleroot and 1 kodama's reach is in an edh deck. Desperate ritual is there just to fix mana, actually I think manamorphosis would have been better now.  My biggest problem at the moment is finding the seismic assault.  The deck is pretty fun to play at the moment and flows a lot better than the prior version.  Elder pine of jukai just rocks!

edit: semantics
It'll be hard to find it unless you branch into either black for diabolic tutor and maybe some card draw like Altar's Reap or Phyrexian Arena or Blue for stuff like Compulsive Research or your favorite Trade Routes, or if you want a change of pace, Soratami Cloudskater (can be functionally the same)
Swans of Bryn Argoll is such a sweet combo with seismic assault.

Draw your deck, dome them for 20.

You forgot Dakmor Salvage.

Board state: 1 Swans (in play), 1 Assault (in play), 2 Salvage (in hand)

Discard 1 Salvage to Assault, dome them for 2.
Discard remaining Salvage to Assault, dome Swans for 2.
Replace both draws with Dredge 2 from the Salvages.
Repeat.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Ah, so I did.

it is one of the silliest (and my favorite) combo deck out there.

Well, aside from the 52 lands(manlands of many flavors), 4 treasure hunt 4 seismic assualt decks. those are just rediculous.

Just for posterity, it went something like this:

It was goofy, but fun to watch.

Haha, that deck looks ridiculous! Seems like a good idea to include all those manlands.  I thought about using lands that cycle, but I didn't want to use any lands that come into play tapped.
Depending on how strict your mana needs are, a few of them don't really hurt, and its nice to have part of your mana base replace itself if you are getting flooded.
Selective Memory + Elixir of Immortality

Once you have Seismic Assault in play, remove everything that isn't a land from your library using Selective Memory and cast Treasure Hunt.  WIN

Use Elixir of Immortality to restock your library and stay alive.  Alternatively, I guess you could use Zuran Orb with your Creeping Renaissance.

EDIT: Oh!  You could use my favorite blue creature, Hedron Crab to great effect in this deck as well.  Just keep milling yourself to gain benefit from your graveyard recursion effects.  Alternatively, you could use Lotus Cobra for mana-fixing and ramp.
Thanks for reminding me of hedron crab!  I'll use that if I impllement blue again.  When I first started making this the only two cards I really wanted in it was seismic assault and creeping renaissance
Sign In to post comments