[GTC-ICD] Hellraiser Goblin

54 posts / 0 new
Last post

Goblin Scrapper

Creature - Goblin Berserker (U)
Creatures you control have haste and must attack each combat step if able.
2/2
If you wanted your Fervor to commit 100% more suicide...
57170298 wrote:
Borrowing the East Wind (P3) - Haha, it's like Hurricane but for horsemanship? That makes hilariously little sense. "Oh man, the wind is so much worse up on this horse."
57044478 wrote:
Jon Finkel can win a Magic tournament with a ham sandwich. That doesn't mean ham sandwiches are now the metagame breaker.
97820278 wrote:
Koth: I'm the first viable red planeswalker. Who are you? Tibalt: I'm a two-mana red planeswalker. Koth: I'm the last viable red planeswalker.
I like the art. Look at where the guy running through the door is looking.
I like the art. Look at where the guy running through the door is looking.

Doors are for the Boros.
57170298 wrote:
Borrowing the East Wind (P3) - Haha, it's like Hurricane but for horsemanship? That makes hilariously little sense. "Oh man, the wind is so much worse up on this horse."
57044478 wrote:
Jon Finkel can win a Magic tournament with a ham sandwich. That doesn't mean ham sandwiches are now the metagame breaker.
97820278 wrote:
Koth: I'm the first viable red planeswalker. Who are you? Tibalt: I'm a two-mana red planeswalker. Koth: I'm the last viable red planeswalker.
For goblins he's worse than Goblin Warchief and Goblin Chieftain. Never play him there outside of limited.
If you don't run tribal but something like weenies he might be okay-ish. But nothing special imho.

A "true" print of Emblem of the Warmind would've been cooler.
Or Mass Hysteria on legs. That would be awesome fun.
I like my gray ogres to kill artifacts

Manic Vandal lets you stay in color, but you might be in the wrong section. Probably looking for casual play.
57170298 wrote:
57044478 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
meh not impressed at all.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

This might be fine along with a battalion creatures...
Im really hoping for dirty cheap battalion creatures to negate blocks and maybe prevent and deal direct damage.
I play for fun
What is the flavor saying btw?
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Neat. Not the best of it's kind, but the disparity is fairly negligable. More goblins is always welcome.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

Betting it's something to do with doors. I think people might be underrating this a little but I guess we'll have to see, definitely solves the main problem with Fervor, which is that it isn't a creature.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

Here's a horrible Google translation you can pull some meaning from: do not let him drive the soldiers, but also let go.
57170298 wrote:
57044478 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
An internet translator has it roughly as "do not let him lead the soliders, but let him also go on."
How long does he live? One attack phase?

I don't think percentages work the way you think they do. ;)
Umm, so it roughly translate something like "Don't let him lead the soldiers, but let him go try (to lead the soldiers), so go on"?
I don't get it Undecided 
Maybe tommorrow they put it in GTC image spoiler, I'm curious what it means. 
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
I think the flavor says something in the lines of "Don't just let him lead the soldiers, but let him go first as well". Google Translate needs some playing around with a human filter to make sense. That said, I can't even swear in Italian. Before now.
Yessssssssssss they used "each combat phase" !!

100% more = +100%
0% + 100% = 100%
I didn't say 100% more likely or frequently.
I do maths.
57170298 wrote:
57044478 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
I think the flavor says something in the lines of "Don't just let him lead the soldiers, but let him go first as well". Google Translate needs some playing around with a human filter to make sense. That said, I can't even swear in Italian. Before now.

I think an accurate, flavourful translation would be:

Let him lead the charge, but not the soldiers.
Now Krenko has a better three drop to replace Goblin Chieftain!

100% more = +100%
0% + 100% = 100%
I didn't say 100% more likely or frequently.
I do maths.

I don't think your argument jives with the context of your original statement, but I was just playing around. :D  I know what you meant. <3

Why's it better for Krenko?

It's a Goblin. Chieftain isn't standard anymore so if those it were to become a deck, T3 Scrapper into T4 Krenko would be quite effective. Obviously Chieftan is leagues better but you know, take what you can get and all that jazz.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

It's on curve, like Fervor, but with the added bonus of being a goblin.
t1, Goblin
t2, More Goblin
t3, this guy
t4, Krenko

And of course Krenko himself is not subject to the downside, since he can just tap and send an extra five goblins in his stead.
Your opponent may not want to block him right away because of his "downside".  I'm sure there will be many times where he gets in for a "free" 2 or 4 damage, not to mention bloodrushing on him when he isn't blocked.

Even when the last tree falls, there will be fire.

My guess on the flavor text is "Don't let them lead the soldiers, but let them lead." Which fits the art perfectly.

Good card for Boros, since they'll want to be attacking as often as possible with Battalion anyway.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
This one doesn't seem that good to me.
Most times I suspect skyknight legionnaire will be better, but this seems particularly on curve with firemane avenger.

My guess on the flavour text:

Don't let him lead the soldiers, but let him go first

t1, Goblin
t2, More Goblin
t3, this guy
t4, Krenko

Oh, I thought you meant better than the Chieftain.
Your opponent may not want to block him right away because of his "downside".  I'm sure there will be many times where he gets in for a "free" 2 or 4 damage, not to mention bloodrushing on him when he isn't blocked.

Your opponent should kill him asap, since if you have put him on the field, you are probably playing around his 'downside'.
He's in the spoiler.

English card:

Hellraiser Goblin 
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

either good or terrible. we shall see.
I'm leaning towards terrible
If it didn't force attacks it'd be great in my book. But, if you think about that if you're not attacking by turn 3 you're doing something wrong in aggro. Just don't include Blood Artists to throw themselves at the enemy.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Flavor text should have been: OH YEAH!

Pop cultural referenses aside this is kind of an iffy card. He is not bad but kinda narrow, for Goblin and or aggro decks only.
Hellraiser Goblin is an awesome name.   
I like this guy. He gives haste to all your creatures (whoever thought of this with Krenko is just plain evil) which is amazing for a creature. The downside is a moot point if you have board control or playing bigger creatures than your opponent anyway.

He will defintely see play in limited and some play in the right decks for him.
Horrid. Casually, you have virtually no reason to be running this ahead of Goblin Assault.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)