Fungi Fury! (G/B/W Fungus/Thalid Tribal Deck)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
After browsing around, looking for a new deck to build (and hopefully buy with some post-Christmas money) I came across a card which really caught my attention: Ghave, Guru of Spores. I absolutely love his asthetics, theme, and think that he is effective but fair for his mana cost. So, after deciding to build this deck, I immediately began looking into some fungus cards, and tried to get a feel for what I could do. Thallids seem to be a main part of a fungus deck, and with all of the tokens and spore counters that will be flying around, cards such as Doubling Season and things with proliferate such as Contagion Clasp seem like musts. Other than that, some other fungi cards that stood out to me included Mycoloth, as it could get absolutely rediculous if I feed it enough Thallids, especially with cards such as Doubling Season up, Thallid Shell-Dweller, just as a solid looking Thallid generator that can also defend, Sporesower Thallid, a card that could drastically speed up Thallid production, and Sigil Captain, because although he goes against the fungal theme, he would beef up my Thallids, and provide more +1/+1 counters for Ghave. I haven't actually written out a list yet, but have a general idea of what I want out of this deck. If anyone knows any great cards that I'm leaving out here, I would love to hear any suggestions. I'll try to edit a rough draft of the list into this post as soon as possible, and will try to keep the fungal theme consistant. Once again, any suggestions are welcome, and I'm looking for as much feedback as possible. Thanks for reading this essay of a post!
if your sticking with trbal, i cant think of much else. But if your branching away from that, its got to be a hydra of some sort for a X costing creature full of +1/+1s.
Also, would you consider awakening zone? provides tokens to be doubled and mana for Ghave to have fun with. but again, its not fungi and the tokens aren't 1/1 so doesnt work with Sigil Cptn
if your sticking with trbal, i cant think of much else. But if your branching away from that, its got to be a hydra of some sort for a X costing creature full of +1/+1s.
Also, would you consider awakening zone? provides tokens to be doubled and mana for Ghave to have fun with. but again, its not fungi and the tokens aren't 1/1 so doesnt work with Sigil Cptn

I was actually just looking into some ways to mana ramp, and I think I found a suitable fungus mana ramper: Utopia Mycon. Other than that I also found Psychotrope Thallid, which looks great for some draw.
Now, about adding hydras, as cool as that sounds, I really would like to keep it as themed as possible, and will probably not add them. But thank you for the suggestions. 

I was actually just looking into some ways to mana ramp, and I think I found a suitable fungus mana ramper: Utopia Mycon. Other than that I also found Psychotrope Thallid, which looks great for some draw.
Now, about adding hydras, as cool as that sounds, I really would like to keep it as themed as possible, and will probably not add them. But thank you for the suggestions. 

utopia myconn is not that good for mana, It may work in your deck, sometimes. I think awakaning zone is more solid, and still goes along with flavor (mostly).
mycoid shepherd is awesome
deathspore thallid is mycoloth's best friend
thelon of havenwood can be brutal in the right circumstances
Kingofgames01 a.k.a. Dr.Kog I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Quotes
112912639 wrote:
111004049 wrote:
111489681 wrote:
Be on later, pumping iron now
Pimping Irene? Poor Irene! Why can't you just leave that poor girl alone? She didn't ask for ANY of this!
Yeah she did. Did you see what she wore? Purple *graped*
Sprout Swarm can be fun.
My Trade Thread Control capabilities are in all the colors. The difference is in the way they say no.
I built a really fun blue/green fungi deck a while back and it plays very well. I would recommend not running ghave and sticking with straight green and splash blue for control, since board wipe is this decks major weakness. But you can if you like. In my opinion, proliferate isn't very good at all. this is my deck. If you plan to stick with green/white/black, I will still try to help out the best I can.