Fave Ravnica Guild

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I'm just a-wonderin' what the community's favorite guild(from Ravnica) is, and why. Also what's your fave guildmage(old or new), guildMASTER(ex. The new guildmaster for Golgari is Jarad), and of course whats your fave fave charm? Feel free to stick to one guild, or choose a couple you really like! (Fave Guildmages, guildmasters, and charms dont have to be from your fave guild)
Not Boros. Not rakdos. Not gruul. I really like the rest... tend to really enjoy orzhov dimir izzet and simic most.

3DH4LIF3

Izzet and Dimir, mostly for their leaders and mechanics
proud member of the 2011 community team
I wonder

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Boros, then Izzet, then Selesnya.

Orzhov is my left shoulder's favorite, though.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Dimir

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
It's a secret.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
The new Simic, friendlier than the old Simic. Was also a fan of the Izzet for the longest time; I wish they were better.
I'm a huge Izzet fan. Love the colors, the flavor, and Niv-Mizzet is a beast. I'm still trying to narrow which of the next 5 in Gatecrash I want to focus on first. It's likely going to be either Boros or Orzhov.

I find signatures incredibly distracting. If you read this, then you too have found them distracting. 

Massive fan of Dimir, the new mechanic is simply amazing but Transmute control deck is my favorite casual. Simic would be number two for flavor and power. Boros and Izzet tied for number 3. Mizzet is too cool...

EDH: Kresh, the Bloodbraided

In Swansea? PM me if youre up for an EDH game or two!

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

guild: simic
guildmage: zameck
guildmaster: niv mizzet the firemind
Favorite guild? Izzet, but Dimir and Simic are solid 2nd and 3rd in nop particular order.

Favorite guildmage? Simic's

Favorite leader? Niv-Mizzet (not really a fair contest here, he's my desktop background)

Favorite charm is Izzet Charm (it made the cut toward my legacy-but-could-be-modern-built Pyromancer Ascension.)

Cheers!
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Boros.

Savra, Queen of the Golgari for favorite leader, mostly because her art is spiffy.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

The new Simic is growing on me (<- pun), mostly because I look at them and mentally cackle maniacally.

The new Azorious mechanically puts some pep in my step

traditionally Dimir was, because playing Glimpse the Unthinkable was so satisfying. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Dimir's looking pretty awesome. In Constructed, Invisible Stalker and cipher is all I have to say.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Boros
Sunhome Guildmage
Aurelia, the Warleader
Selesnya Charm

Can't wait for Gatecrash and trying to make battalion work
These threads amuse me because they always end up with pages of responses from people who never seem to post in any other thread in Magic General.

That said,
Favorite Guild: Izzet
Favorite Guild Master: Raven
Favorite Guildmage is Orzhov Guildmage because the art is freaking awesome
Favorite Charm is Izzet Charm again because seriously, it's an entire control deck in one card! 
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
hmmmm.
 I always was a huge fan of Izzet before RtR was announced. Niv-Mizzet the Firemind is my favourite creature of all time so he's my favourite guild leader. I'm really interested in Simic now these days so I have a feeling my favourite guild has changed.