1/16/2013 UR: "The Absolution of the Guildpact"

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Uncharted Realms, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Valakut isn't banned in Modern anymore. 4 Valakut, 4 Thespian's Stage and 4 Vesuva seems like a good start to a deck.
The root of ravnica's problem

The Dimir are more insidious than ever.

I liked this short, simple story for a this offbeat card.
I really liked how the writer autocarded to cards with relevant flavor text, that was really cool.

I like the card too. Good thing Cloudpost is banned eh?

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Wow that card is pretty amazing. The flavor, the mechanics, everything. Bravo.
Loved the story, especially since I read the original Ravnica series.

The card is neat and definitely useful in environments with lands worthy of copying.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
Hee. A lovely story - more quiet and reflective than some, but that's appropriate: life in a city isn't all dramatic events (as it were), sometimes you're just tkaing time to look back and contemplate the way things were and the way things are now. 

The card is delightful. In our casual metagame it'll be very strong: most decks include 3-4 of the original Ravblock karoos (Boros Garrison and friends), so this will often be a 2-mana land that doesn't bounce one when it comes into play. 

I love that the revisit to Ravnica includes some cards that just show the everyday parts of city life. (I like the more plot-bearing cards too, and I wouldn't want to lose them; but it's nice to have a mix.) 
yea, its nice to just see a normal day: when the most important thing on the beat was an argument over whether a watermelon was ripe, and you watch a play in the afternoon with your uncle.

seems cool, and satisfies another half of my vorthos
I applaud whoever designed this card. It's just beautiful! Put me in a great mood late last night. What a wonderful idea!
Really enjoying your run on Uncharted Realms, Adam. Keep up the good work!

And does Thespian's Stage work as legendary land removal?
Yes, it does.