Culling Sun

102 posts / 0 new
Last post

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

yep...
Damnation reprint?
Damnation reprint?

Read the title.

EDIT: (content removed) is this "Add dice roll" thing. 

EDIT: Masked vulgarity is against the CoC. http://company.wizards.com/conduct

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

It certainly looks that way, but I didn't think we'd get any reprints at rare.
Damnation reprint?

Read the title.

EDIT: (content removed) is this "Add dice roll" thing. 

Could you give some information to what this is?
Damnation reprint?

Read the title.

EDIT: Dafuq is this "Add dice roll" thing. 

Culling Sun

Gatherer people. 

Damnation reprint?

Read the title.

EDIT: (content removed) is this "Add dice roll" thing. 

Culling Sun

Gatherer people. 

It looks similar, yeah, but I'd rather see something with a bit more heft to it.  Besides, I think they try really hard not to reference converted mana cost directly so much anymore.

They could just make it a Destroy all Creatures, They Can't be Regenerated for
I hope they don't reprint culling sun it would be disapointing, there are plenty of spells in that wipe the board more effectively than culling sun, if they get a board wipe im hoping it would be more effective then culling sun.

EDIT: Also whats with this weird dice button?
didn't white-black have a board wipe card spoiled? or was it just my imagination?

lol was playing with dice-roll... oops. 
Damnation reprint?

God I would so wish it was. But culling sun is more likely. Some of the characters are untouched by the spell in the artwork.
I wonder if this is Ominous Sun or whatever, that 1WBB Sorcery that destroyed all creatures and each player reveals his or her hand and discards all cratures.
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
EDIT: (content removed)is this "Add dice roll" thing. 

It lets you add a dice roll.

Ideally, once everyone's gotten over that incredible realization in a couple days, they won't be terribly obnoxious with it.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Awesome art.... but culling sun seems terrible after we just had consume the meek.

3DH4LIF3

They could just make it a Destroy all Creatures, They Can't be Regenerated for

I like the idea of a Wrath spell that can be played in either white or black, but they'd likely remove the "can't be regenerated" part since they're trying to downplay anti-regeneration due to it discouraging the use of regenerate in the first place, which makes the Trolls and Skeletons sad. So yeah, a "Destroy all creatures" spell works. You pay a higher color weight in exchange for greater color flexibility.

I wonder if this is Ominous Sun or whatever, that 1WBB Sorcery that destroyed all creatures and each player reveals his or her hand and discards all cratures.

That effect would never be printed at that mana cost and probably wouldn't be printed at any mana cost.
It's Culling Sun.

The issue is not the reprint...it's another card that goes with it you should be worried about...

Give it a few days. 

DCI Judge Level 1

Well, I certainly hope it wouldn't be a reprint, cuz that's a hella disappointing reprint.
It's Culling Sun.

The issue is not the reprint...it's another card that goes with it you should be worried about...

Give it a few days. 

My nostradamus senses are tingling.

Worse Consume the Meek. I miss DoJ... we now have to splash blue or black.

me too. my happiness would be high

I'm fairly sure that Wizards is nowhere close to printing anything like that under CMC of 6, and they wouldn't print under 7 now.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I could go for a black white austere command type effect. Choose between bigs or smalls.

3DH4LIF3

I kind of want a 5 mana exile Wrath to contrast Hallowed Burial,or a Wrath that Cremates their graveyard afterwards.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Damnation reprint?

Read the title.

Culling Sun

Gatherer people. 

Do you believe in just one two word sentences? I mean, what's your source, why are you posting this here, etc... Not that hard to explain yourself, people.
Damnation reprint?

Read the title.

Culling Sun

Gatherer people. 

Do you believe in just one two word sentences? I mean, what's your source, why are you posting this here, etc... Not that hard to explain yourself, people.

I found the picture on a magic blog. That's all there is to it.

Damnation reprint?

Read the title.

Culling Sun

Gatherer people. 

Aaaaaand... the dice roll thing?
Damnation reprint?

Read the title.

Culling Sun

Gatherer people. 

Aaaaaand... the dice roll thing?

It's a weird forum glitch that is gone now.

Whatver it is, I'm ready to be disappointed :D
Pretty.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
I kind of want a 5 mana exile Wrath to contrast Hallowed Burial,or a Wrath that Cremates their graveyard afterwards.

You want a 5-mana Final Judgment?

[<o>]
It's Culling Sun.

Give it a few days. 

My nostradamus senses are tingling.

The irony about nostradamus senses...

Came for the flavor, stayed for the game. (10/4/2013: Discovered that I suppose I most closely resemble a Vorthos player, right after my odd obsession with making hyper-budget but effective decks and right before being a Johnny)
Definitely could be Culling Sun based on the artwork, but for some reason I thought of Zealous Persecution when I first saw it. Now that would be a sweet reprint.
Damnation reprint?

God I would so wish it was. But culling sun is more likely. Some of the characters are untouched by the spell in the artwork.

The ones untouched are the ones the furthest away from whatever event is happening.  Also they are still running away from it.  So its spreading out from its source.
Perhaps this has something to do with what Gavin Verhey was discussing in his spoiler of Crypt Ghast; "There are a few other exciting extort rares for Constructed in the set—including an enchantment that helps answer several cards that are at the peak of Standard right now". 

source: www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...
Here's the picture for Ominous Eclipse if anyone is interested.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Here's the picture for Ominous Eclipse is anyone is interested.

oh jeez, if this is not a fake... But at least it's "destroy all creatures" not "exile all creature". reanimator will love this.

this will easily be a money card.
Here's the picture for Ominous Eclipse is anyone is interested.

Want. Want want want want want.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Here's the picture for Ominous Eclipse if anyone is interested.

Zomg.

Here.
Take my money.
All of it.
ALL OF IT.

Really, the flavor text is what makes me want the card.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Don't overextend you say?

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Sign In to post comments