Titanic Creature

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a creature related to the Titanic creature template in Monster Manual II p.218.

It say, that it triples the damage of every Special attack. When you have a special attack like constrict, which adds strength to the damage, is the Strength bonus also tripled? if there are no rules for it, what you think is more balanced?
No, the Strength isn`t Tripled, only the base damage, the template provides an increase in Strength already.

ie a Medium sized creature would gain +26 Strength. A normal Constrictor Snake (Medium Size) does a Constrict attack with damage of 1d3+4 (str 17= +3,  3 x 1.5 = 4) With the Titanic Template it would deal 3d3+24 Damage as it applies it`s new Strength of 43, +16 Bonus. (16x1.5=24)
I have a creature related to the Titanic creature template in Monster Manual II p.218.

It say, that it triples the damage of every Special attack. When you have a special attack like constrict, which adds strength to the damage, is the Strength bonus also tripled? if there are no rules for it, what you think is more balanced?

yes but only the Dice damage because the abilitie description dont talk about damage dealt, then the standard damage of the special attack is only the Dices.

A Titanic Constrictor Snake does a Constrict attack with damage of 9d3 + 24 and because it has the improved grab ability, it deals damage from the weapon used to grab in this case 3d8 + 24 and because you need hit with your normal attack you deal your normal damage too, then you deal 3d8 + 24 for hit the attack plus 3d8 +24 for confirm the Hold plus 9d3 +24 for constrict for a total of 111 of average damage per turn but remember this creature is CR 15 and only have one attack and you need hit and confirm the hold to do all the damage and you can't do noting again a creature with freedom only hit for an average damage of 37 per turn.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
As MrC mentions it would only increase the base damage.  Bonuses to that base will be covered by the other things the template grants.

If it helps think about increasing the size of a weapon.  A large longsword deals more base damage then a medium longsword but if both are wielded in the same way using the same STR score they will get the same damage bonus. 
Unless of course, the whale is wielding the large longsword in a one-finned manner as a tiny object for it's whaleness size (fully explained in the Official FQA's [frequently questionable atrocities], during a free-fall plummet towards a big round thing rushing up at it that "might want to be friends?"
And the whale once met a Pixie, so that qualifies as "an intimate relationship" for the next 20 levels.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Hey if the whale was Slowed, then it could move faster and ready a charge in the middle of a full round attack, while wielding 2 Lances in both flippers.

Come on guys.  I know where those references are coming from an who's benefit they are for but really....  Unless (until?) this thread goes down the rabbit hole we should try to keep things sane.

I will however admit that I completely skipped over a detailed reading of someone's foreign language post.

Neue started it.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
ok the whale i could follow, but how the heck you came to the lances :D
ok the whale i could follow, but how the heck you came to the lances :D

Are you sure you really want to know?
Show
This probably relates to Oma's insistence that a two-handed weapon of your size can be wielded with one hand if you have the Monkey grip feat.  I guess one issue with a lance is that it actually can be wielded one handed by a user of the correct size provide it is used while mounted.

aah ok the good old oma thread. (german joke)
aah ok the good old oma thread. (german joke)

See any thread with more then 20 posts in the PE General, it is probably an Oma thread.  Anything with more then 40 post and it certainly is.

y i know. i skip them all by now cause im tired of the endless discussions. but the cause it is funny, is that oma means grandmother in german and is also used for very annoying things in some dialects. so one could say, his name is very well chosen
He really is a troll!
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
And yet....

We all trolled his perfectly reasonable answer to the poster, lol.

Sorry original poster, but we did answer your question at least, look at the first page.
yy seen it MrC
Sign In to post comments