RTR/GTC draft

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'd like to do an RTR/GTC draft sometime before DGM releases.  There are a few ways I can think to do this, but I'm not sure which is best.

1.  2 packs RTR, 1 pack GTC,  open GTC first

2.  1 pack RTR, 2 packs GTC, open GTC first

3.  2 packs RTR, 2 packs GTC, open GTC first

4.  Every other player gets 2 RTR & 1 GTC, the others 4 get 1 RTR @ 2 GTC.  Each player starts with the pack they have 2 of and alternates.

3 and 4 seem like the best options.  Are there major drawbacks to any of these?
I'd be very curious to see how/if it works.  #4 is probably the most balanced option since #3 is going to change the number of packs involved in the draft.

Current decks
Comments or suggestions are always welcome

Modern
nothing at the moment

I'd go with number four, too.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Sounds tough, since 1) they both have a lot of gold cards, and 2) the gold cards in one are not in the other. Drafting Invasion block (Apocalypse) and the original Ravnica block has the same issue.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sounds tough, since 1) they both have a lot of gold cards, and 2) the gold cards in one are not in the other. Drafting Invasion block (Apocalypse) and the original Ravnica block has the same issue.

And the origional Ravnica block at least had fixing that was awesome enought that you wanted to grab it early anyways.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Whenever the second set in a block is released, my friends always do a ABA/BAB draft just the way you suggest in option 4. It's kind of fun to see two different types of boosters go past during each round. I think RTR/GTC is a perfect opportunity to draft like this, as the two sets are symmetrical rather than being big/small.

There shouldn't be any issue with gold cards, as both sets will have the necessary amounts of mana fixing support.
GTC/RTR/GTC Next person goes RTR/GTC/RTR and so on

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Although my plan is a little more expensive, I am planning 6 packs of GTC and 6 packs of RTR, and then combine them for the best possible shard deck.

Please check out my Blog:

Magic the Gathering Adventures Blog

http://mtgadventures.blogspot.com/

Please check out my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rubiera22/featured

I don't think drafting 4 boosters is a big a problem as people are making it out to be. I actually like that option the best (2 RTR and 2 GTC).

I wouldn't mind doing it Suudsu's way either but I'd prefer 2 and 2.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Could always go 50 card decks if you do four packs.
blah blah metal lyrics
Why?