[GTC-ICD] Mind Grind

77 posts / 0 new
Last post

Mind Grind (Rare) -
Sorcery
Each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals X land cards, then puts all cards revealed this way into his or her graveyard. X can't be 0.

Source: DailyMTG
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Lol at them trying to make mill viable.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Holy crap, this is absolutely incredible.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
6 mana for Mind Funeral? No thanks.
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
If you can fuel its mana cost this will get you there.

<----- Loser.

I like this for EDH (infinite mana possibilities) and with Liliana 3.0's emblem. Probably won't see much standard play though.
Grixis Ascension got a new win con! Too bad Banefire is better.

Hmm, mill X lands..... I think this is more a control card than anything, but yay for trying to push mill.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!

I hope your joking because this card is absolutely horrid.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

okay. This is RIDICULOUS.

3 crypt shades (pump with tokens, clones or twins), 9 lands and this and proceed to mill your whole library in 1 turn. (since standard usually runs 24 lands).

Wait... each opponent?

Mill in multiplayer?

Orzel, Halfelven son of Zel, Mystic Ranger, Bane to Dragons, Death to Undeath, Killer of Abyssals, King of the Wilds. Constitution Based Class for Next!

So what happens if you cast this for free?
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Ridiculously fun in limited, and completely destroys board stall that may happen.  If you can drag the game out to turn 9-10 you could mill their entire library away in one go.  Heh.  Considering you'll cast it on your turn, they'll be the first to draw.
This card is very good. This is exactly what mill needs to be in standard to be playable. I expect to see many people decked by a single one of these in UB control.

Read the card again.

You can't.  Says so on the card itself.  :P

In seriousness, I think it'd be an illegal play given the rules text.
has potential, but seems a little flashy honestly, I would perfer increasing confusion over this because of the flashback part of the mill, should be fun with crypt ghast and liliana of the dark realms in standard though

Wrongo. It fills a gaping hole (i.e. giving mill a win-con in Multiplayer/EDH, cause it sure didn't have one until now).

This card is very good. This is exactly what mill needs to be in standard to be playable.

Ehhhh...this card on its own doesn't make mill viable.  Requires about 20 mana to kill; same as Blaze.  Blaze existing doesn't make burn viable.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

This card is very good. This is exactly what mill needs to be in standard to be playable.

Ehhhh...this card on its own doesn't make mill viable.  Requires about 20 mana to kill; same as Blaze.  Blaze existing doesn't make burn viable.

in the same colours as mana-pump cards tho...
I may pick up one of these just for the art. Probably never play it though.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."

I'm not joking. Just because you decide to be overly critical of everything doesn't mean I have to. This card enables mill decks to work in multiplayer and possibly even in standard if it gets enough support. In addition to that it's an INCREDIBLE limited finisher.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
if you have consuming aberration... o.o 

x+1 lands milled, and your beast is now... big. 
I miss Psychic Drain

man that would be a great card in combination with the new dimir guildmage lol

Firstly, a deck won't play Blaze as a single burn spell because a creature or smaller burn spell will usually do the same job except better.

Secondly, you definitely don't need 20 mana to kill with this card, unless your opponent is playing 40 lands. If you expect to be at approximately equal ground with land drops, you probably only need 12-14 mana to kill with this card. That also is ignoring the fact that you're probably playing cards that are good on their own but make this card better: Nephalia Drownyard, Ghost Quarter, etc.

Wrongo. It fills a gaping hole (i.e. giving mill a win-con in Multiplayer/EDH, cause it sure didn't have one until now).

Ambassador Laquatus.

OH MY GOD I am in love. Favourite spoiled card by far, this is awesome.

This is about 893745624 times better than Increasing Confusion in mill decks, by the way.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

mill decks.

There's the problem with that statement.

Ambassador Laquatus.

Try not to think about how much mana you'd need to mill seven players out of the game with Laquatus.
HINT: A heck of a lot more than you'd need for this. ;)

Ambassador Laquatus.

Try not to think about how much mana you'd need to mill seven players out of the game with Laquatus.
HINT: A heck of a lot more than you'd need for this. ;)

I just assumed we were talking infinite mana. I suppose there have been times I've had 20+ mana just because of lots of mana rocks.

I just assumed we were talking infinite mana. I suppose there have been times I've had 20+ mana just because of lots of mana rocks.

True, it'd certainly work in that instance (Whetstone would too, so long as you were rocking Eldrazis or Gaea's Blessings in your own deck).
This is probably the first true MP mill win-con that doesn't need infinite mana to win (a late-game copy with X at about 15 will cause a whole bag of pain all by itself).

mill decks.

Hey guess what, not every card has to be for a top archetype.

I'd rather win 1 game out of 10 with a deck I like (dedicated mill) than winning 9 out of 10 by casting retarded cards like Thragtusk.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

mill decks.

Hey guess what, not every card has to be for a top archetype.

I'd rather win 1 game out of 10 with a deck I like (dedicated mill) than winning 9 out of 10 by casting retarded cards like Thragtusk.

Don't mind him; Rorix thinks 95% of cards are bad and Tier 1 is the only thing worth playing.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
You know how I mill out an entire table of people without infinite mana?
Hive Mind + Prosperity + Windfall

I don't need no black mana to do my dirty work.
i really like this for some reason.
It works with Deathrite Shaman providing more fuel for his abilities.
This is so epic. In EDH this will be played, it will win, and it will be horrible to play against. I like this!

Magic Rafiq Control Deck [EDH][1vs1][multiplayer] [] Inferno Beatdown [EDH][multiplayer][1vs1][] Gwendlyn Combo/Control Deck [EDH][1vs1][] Merieke Casual Deck [EDH][multiplayer][] Roleplaying Magician class [D&D 3.5]

Read the card again.

That was my point... Nowhere on the card does it say explicitly "You may not cast this card without paying its mana cost" etc., so if the game was to come across a situation where one of these is being cast for free, how would it handle it? (Other poster is probably correct; it would be illegal).

Read the card again.

That was my point... Nowhere on the card does it say explicitly "You may not cast this card without paying its mana cost" etc., so if the game was to come across a situation where one of these is being cast for free, how would it handle it? (Other poster is probably correct; it would be illegal).

well, you're probably thinking of omniscience.

in epic experiment, x=0 so... 

Read the card again.

well, you're probably thinking of omniscience.

in epic experiment, x=0 so... 

If a spell with a variable in it's mana cost, like  is cast without paying its mana cost, then X is always 0 because you aren't using that mana cost at all. Doesn't have to be Experiment and Omniscience. However, this spell explicitly says NO ZERO for X, which is why I brought it up.
I like "Super Mind Funeral" xD I don't think it's particularly better than Sands of Delirium or Increasing Confusion, but it IS pretty cool. The unforutnate thing is that it doesn't allow you to mill yourself for X=2 or 3, which would be a great enabler with Lingering Souls, Unburial Rites, Think Twice, Alchemy, so on and so fourth.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
I like "Super Mind Funeral" xD I don't think it's particularly better than Sands of Delirium or Increasing Confusion, but it IS pretty cool. The unforutnate thing is that it doesn't allow you to mill yourself for X=2 or 3, which would be a great enabler with Lingering Souls, Unburial Rites, Think Twice, Alchemy, so on and so fourth.

It would be playable if you could target yourself or something more like that. But it seems to be catering to the casual crowd all hyped about :U::B: mill, as it does nasty things with the dimir prerelease promo (in multiplayer).